Pressure Reviews

• Apr 26, 2020

To gain tension you need to gain the respect of your audience and treat them as intelligent. It is not hard to realise in the first 20 minutes there is some fundamental faults with the story - even if you have never experienced deep sea diving. The director tries to build tension at the expense of common sense and this leads to a detachment from the film that is uncomfortable and pushes this film into the lower catagories. Shame as a bit more respect and attention to detail could have made this a far better watch considering the set and location costs must have been low.

• Jun 04, 2018

Trapped in a room movie at its finest. All great acting, writing, directing, cinematography, score, everything made me feel like I was in that pod with those men. I love it.

• Aug 06, 2017

Litt spennende, ikke super kvalitet men okay.

Litt spennende, ikke super kvalitet men okay.

• Oct 26, 2016

It's a drama based on a deep sea diving bell getting stranded half a mile down when their ship sinks in a storm. We have four characters who need to work out how to get out of the sitation. As you'd expect in a one-room jeopardy film such as this it can only work with strong dialog and dramatic episodes, but it just plods from one disasterous attempt to escape to another. We see clips of their life as they dream or ponder their fate, but it does not grab you enough to particularly care. Ho hum film.

• Aug 17, 2016

Trapped underwater in a pod and battling to the survive. I might be a little harsh with my rating on this, but I had my reasons. The film theme was not bad, pretty fresh, but the screenplay was not developed to its full potential. I know it is a low cost film with a limited cast, so I respect the production quality which really was better than what I expected, but the story was way simple and predictable. If it was a more edgy type, would have had best chance to impress the viewers, because there are lots people who take chances on small film like this. It's a 'trapped' concept. You can call it an opposite to 'Gravity'. I mean that story takes place above us and this one below the sea water. I did not anticipate to that level, because I knew it's limit, yet not very convincing. The other reason is there are lots of awesome B movies with innovative ideas I have seen where this film narrowly failed. This is a story of the diver's team who went to fix the damaged underwater pipeline gets trapped in a small pot after losing all the contact with their ship. So the team of four battles to survive in a hostile condition, especially the oxygen is their main concern till someone comes to rescue them. That's the story which reveals what happens to them in its 90 minute narration. The cast and crew's effort must be appreciated, because shooting some 30-40 per cent of the film underwater is really a tough job. At the beginning it looked promising, but later on it did not stay that way, especially the end was a kind of let down. It is a fictional tale, nothing like 'The 33', otherwise even for an ordinary story that inspired by a real event gets our sympathy. I don't think it is worth a watch, unless you got lots of spare time and want to pass it, then it would make a decent timepass film. 4/10

• Jul 23, 2016

Pressure isn't that good, but there still are a few good moments.

Pressure isn't that good, but there still are a few good moments.

• Jan 29, 2016

It tries to build tension but it feels forced at best and not there most of the movie.Not Das Boot for sure.

• Jan 11, 2016

Actually I enjoyed it - it was interesting .. a low budget movie which goes after a major problem with oil industries and problems.. It was well played ...

• Nov 01, 2015

The premise of four divers trapped at the bottom of the sea who have to make their way back to the surface against steep odds is what got me to watch this movie but after it quickly delivered the promised situation I found myself stuck with four characters I couldn't care less about. None of the four main characters are likeable or very interesting which really breaks this film since most of the movie is the interaction between them. The acting isn't even the problem, it's just that the dialogue is super bland and uninteresting and there's a ton of it.The parts of the film where the divers are actually moving around the briny deep in their suites were somewhat suspenseful because the endless void of the jet black ocean was really unsettling but then it would go back to one of the characters giving a super dry speech about their lives back on shore.

• Oct 22, 2015

BRAVO to the cast and crew of this moving, intense, gripping, phenomenal motion picture that left me crying at the end. Yes it moved me to tears and sheds light into what divers do when trying to patch damages hulls, etc. You learn plenty watching this film and their job not only is challenging but VERY RISKY!! I commend those men and the divers that do what they do in the military or the civilian sector. We have a group of divers sent 650 feet below the surface to fix an oil pipeline during a storm. While they are underwater they become separated from their ship and they must stick together to figure out how to rejoin the ship and survive. Some will say the film was predictable but I differ. I always kept HOPE. The last 34 minutes were devastating, tense, gripping as I saw these divers doing the impossible to remain alive. If you don't decompress your body will experience horrible pain. I will not reveal anything else but to all my film aficionados, this is a gem and it is available in HD on Netflix instant streaming. What are you waiting for? WATCH IT!!!