Prey for Rock & Roll Reviews

• Sep 03, 2012

Un filme descafeinado con romances forzados, musica intrascendente, personajes encasillados... y de entre la bruma surge la figura eterea de Gina Gershon, ya madurita, pero energizada y muy sexosa. No me gusta hablar de lugares comunes, pero por ejemplo, I Wanna Be Your Dog de Iggy Pop ha fungido como soundtrack en al menos 13 ocasiones desde 1986, casi en el mismo contexto.

• Apr 02, 2012

Gina Gershon. Enough said.

Gina Gershon. Enough said.

• Mar 14, 2012

This is easily my favorite movie. It gets depressing, but if you stick with it, the ending is well worth the ride. Plus you have the bonus of an excellent soundtrack!

• Dec 23, 2011

I get the impression this movie was written by a jaded wannabe rock star much like the one depicted in the film. There's so much negativity and so many pretentious, depressed characters that there's no possible way I could enjoy it. The only character I found remotely realistic or likeable was Animal, and he was not enough to save the rest of it. Waste of time.

• Dec 22, 2011

I absolutely loved this movie. I always recommend this movie to the local bands I book and promote for. If you want to see what it truly means to be a musician, then this movie shows it.

• Marcus W Super Reviewer
    Jun 21, 2011

And this is why I don't like "indies". Are the people who write them incapable of happy endings? Or even a positive ending? I'd settle for a hopeful ending. But no. And it's a shame, because a film like this, that details an endless struggle, NEEDS an upbeat ending.

• Anastasia B Super Reviewer
    Nov 04, 2010

This is supposed to be some dyke must-see, however, the only thing it's got going for it, is exactly that. The women look super-sexy on stage (Gina Gherson, Drea De Matteo and Lori Petty are not only fit but believably bad-ass) yet the film itself is poorely scripted and awfully lit, and if it didn't have Hedwig's Steven Trask taking care of the music, I think it would have sucked big time. If you want to spend some time feasting your eyes on the leads, then this movie is for you. If, however, you expect something deeper, you will have to feel content with the "I heart Music that's why I am still 40 and play it" over-riding theme, which may in itself not be so bad, yet it hardly gives us any additional insight into life as such.

• Aug 10, 2010

Tattoos, rock, ça aurait pu être top, mais ça manque de mecs ! Malgré le beau Marc Blucas, qui ne pose pas assez son tee-shirt à mon goût... ;o)

• Jul 25, 2010

It has a bunch of cliches that most movies about musicians have. The story was good though, but it was very evident the lack of commitment from most actors in the movie.

• Jun 20, 2010

Allright. It's realistic, in comparison to other movies like this one, but that makes it a little less fun to watch.