The Prime Gig Reviews

KevinTheMovieManiac
November 17, 2008
If you are a Vince Vaughn fan like I'am,then its worth a look, otherwise, avoid this movie.
½ February 13, 2008
I miss this vince vaughan, I'd do anything to have him back...

But to be honest, the story of a small time con-man and his attempt to make it big wouldn't have been interesting without him, seeing none of the other characters are developed at all.

I can only recommend this to fans of Vaughan.
August 29, 2007
This was entertaining, but there really isn't a lot going on in it. Or at least there is not alot of interesting or original stuff going on.

Vaughn is in the fast talk mode that made him famous. Ed Harris is completely wasted as a once mysterious character who shows up and doesn't do a whole lot.

It's kind of like Glengarry Glenross (in fact, I've heard people call this a rip off, but I disagree) and that appealed to me, but the characters are not as funny and the dialogue does not even compare to it.

It's worth a watch, but don't dwell on it. i found it to be a wannabe thought provoking con game, but it just can't live up to it. But everything does make sense in the end and that is saying something these days. There is one great scene (upon reflection) that features Harris giving a speech about wealth. It doesn't really mean much when he says it, but by the end the real meaning is there.
½ December 31, 2006
i thought this would be like glengarry glen ross. but this is more about the guys life. you can kindof tell where its going. hes a really proud guy. and julia ormond is good here. the ending is the best.
February 15, 2013
Great movie - completely encompasses the telemarketing environment - from sights, sounds, feel - perfect.
May 14, 2012
Get your balls out of your wife's purse and write me a fucking check!

Prime Gig (2000) R- An okay flick that is entertaining for one reason...it takes a good look into the telemarketing business. Always interesting to see how the salespeople try to close in on deals that nobody ever really needs and most despise having to receive such intrusive and insipid calls. Ed Harris plays it straight as the telemarketing guru just out of jail and hot on another dream job that our low-end wheeler and dealer, Vince Vaughn mailing in a typical Vaughn-like performance, falls into. It's a decent scam operation but unfortunately the movie falls prey to one too many cliches and you leave feeling nothing was accomplished. It's a difficult genre to successfully infiltrate and while it's not a total waste of time for some but for those who love film noir will see the twists and turns coming a mile away with nothing new popping up to keep you interested. It's basically second-hand film noir. Whatever.
November 3, 2010
It's been a while since I've seen this movie, I'll have to watch it again to really write a real review. This is a great film, better than Boiler Room not as good as Glengarry Glen Ross. There is a scene with Vince Vaughn conning an old lady out of her savings that's classic. The scene is haunting, you seen the pain and anguish in Vince's face but he still goes through with it because he knows and the audience knows, he is compelled to do so. Ed Harris is great, Julia Ormand is great, the ending is great. Don't listen to Rotten Tomatoes, they don't always get it right...
½ May 26, 2008
:rotten: This movie had a great cast. So I thought "Wow, this is going to be a great movie." I was wrong! The story was dry and boring and to make matters much worst I stuck it out till the end of the movie to see one of the worst endings I have ever seen. Don't waste your time with this movie. RIIIV