The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

March 3, 2017
Prepare for a milestone...
Story: 10|10
Animation: 10|10
Characters: 10|10
Songs: 10|10
Overall: 10|10 (TEN OUTTA TEN!)
½ February 10, 2017
A nice take on the story of Moses that is inoffensive where it counts.
February 10, 2017
This is one of the most underrated movies of all time and one of my favorites. The voice actors all sound perfect in their roles, most of the songs are actually pretty awesome, and the animation is beautiful. I love, love, love this masterpiece!
February 6, 2017
The Prince of Egypt lives up to it's reputation and will forever be Dreamworks underrated gems of all time. This film had me in chills when I was a kid and I found it scary. So if an animated film would be for kids and adults then the children would be scared and frightened by watching it but hey, it's Dreamworks. You expect them to be thrilled and entertained. I think this is much similar to The Lion King, I mean look at it. The animation is similar and the music is engaging. How similar can it be? So anyways, there are alot of celebrities who really voiced all the characters. There's Val Kilmer as Moses and Ralph Fiennes as Rameses and they are brothers. We also have Michelle Pfeiffer, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Goldblum, Danny Glover who has a really small role just like Patrick Stewart and Helen Mirren and now we have Steve Martin and Martin Short. Damn, there are loads of celebrities that you'll recognise! The songs are by Stephen Schwartz the guy who did The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I feel the same way the Hans Zimmer because the music in this is much similar as I said before, composed this. Okay, the songs are that I love to listen to more often. There's ''Deliver Us'' (which I think my sister heard me sing it recently), ''All I've Ever Wanted'', ''Through Heaven's Eyes'' the song which Steve Martin and Martin Short is ''You're Playing With The Big Boys Now'', my personal favorite ''Let My People Go'' (aka ''The Plagues''), and now the final song that every women is dying to sing is ''When You Believe''. There's actually a theme song who's sung it. It is Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. This movie is fantastic and brilliant on every level. The voice acting is brilliant even from Val Kilmer and Ralph Fiennes, the animation is fantastic and well drawn and well sketched and the visuals are absolutely stunning. This is an enjoyment for every audience in the world especially the girls. At times it gets enjoyable and at times it gets scary. Moses and Rameses have really good chemistry together. if you really wanna a great drama and great fun you better off watching the ones from Disney and Dreamworks, like The Lion King to be exact. With this review, you will do my wonders.
February 5, 2017
A marvelous biblical epic of miracles. (First viewing - Early 1999 in theaters)
½ February 5, 2017
Well Made but emotionally disjointed.
Grade: B-
½ January 16, 2017
Will someone please explain why this movie is underrated? Because The Prince of Egypt deserves a second chance and lot more appreciation for it's animation, songs, visuals and voice-acting.
January 13, 2017
Best DreamWorks films ever made
January 9, 2017
While The Prince of Egypt is not the greatest all-time animated film I've ever seen, it is a very decent film. Not only is the animation fluid and fun, but it's also a mostly-accurate representation of the biblical tale. Of course, it takes liberties with certain facts, but I'm sure the original story did the same thing. History is like a game of telephone-- we translate things in a way that works best for us.

While I wouldn't say this is the best choice for youngsters before they've gotten old enough to understand the grim realities of cruelty and death, not to mention its religious ties, but I still recommend it to children due to how wonderfully it may introduce them to story-driven drama, and what it means to be a "hero", and to see human, sympathetic traits in those meant to be antagonistic. The best villains are those most identifiable.

This is a good watch for people of all ages, and all religions or lack thereof.
½ December 31, 2016
They don't make animation like this anymore, which is a shame because the themes explored here - loss, redemption, stubborness/pride- are great ones to be exposed to in youth. Great soundtrack by Hans Zimmer as well.
December 24, 2016
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (which I already reviewed), except in ancient Egypt as opposed to medieval Paris. Anywho, best DreamWorks movie ever!
November 23, 2016
A lost gem in the glory days of Dreamworks animation
October 19, 2016
This is an awesome masterfull creation of God's number 1 prophet. 1 of the greatest Christian movies ever made!!
October 15, 2016
One of the most underappreciated films of all time in my opinion. The songs are good, the characters are great, the story is great and it's visuals are just beautiful. This is one to check out. Check it out, if you haven't already.
October 14, 2016
Remarkable animation and story. Despite the sensitive issue of religious figure's depiction, as a film, The Prince Of Egypt is pretty damn good and entertaining.
October 6, 2016
One of the best done Bible stories. Easy to share with my children and reinforce our values.
½ September 5, 2016
The best Bible movie ever!
July 18, 2016
Stephen Schwartz's score is one for the ages. Please bring this to the stage NOW.
June 22, 2016
Flat out an amazing movie
June 20, 2016
Good animated film elevated by a powerful third act.