The Prince of Pennsylvania - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Pennsylvania Reviews

½ October 31, 2011
One of the engaging Keanu Reeves classics!
½ December 2, 2009
There is not much to say about Keanu Reeves acting when he was younger. Well you could say it sucked a bit. He had that surfer guy voice and attitude which was in most of his movies in the 80s. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. In this movie it did not. The haircut he had was just strange. I couldn't stop looking at it. The title of the movie makes no sense until the end of the film when he says one line. The end of the film wasn't even that good either. The whole movie was just off pudding and there were a few parts that made you watch. The movie had no swearing, but a nude scene that made it rated R. Great thinking when writing this film. The rest of the cast was ok. The best performance was probably by Fred Ward who played the father.
July 26, 2009
½ July 17, 2009
Great story. gets a little weird towards the end. like a pre-cursor to American Beauty.
the tragedy of growing up in a small town where you just don't fit in...
May 2, 2009
Un film pas fameux mais je l'ai tant regarde!!!
February 11, 2009
A lesser-seen Keanu film. While I'm not a big fan, this is probably my favorite thing he's done besides 'Point Break.' That, and it has one of my favorite actors, Fred Ward. I remember there was a summer when I must have watched this every day back in high school.
January 22, 2009
hehehe i liek it too
December 16, 2008
good stuff great cast
½ October 10, 2008
i wasnt feeling this movie. keanu reeves is cute but his hair was weird. idk i just didnt like the plot.
October 10, 2008
I love this movie. Rupert is smart and stupid at the same time. I think it's adorable. But he hair looked so weird. I hated Carla to start off, but then I got a quick liking to her. BUt the movie ended messed up. I had no idea if he hooked up with the motorcycle chick. Or where he went. Or if anyone comes looking for him. But I don't know it it was supossed to be funny, but it had some good moments.
½ August 16, 2008
Boy kidnaps his father and supposedly make money off the redneck in a low income community.
August 6, 2008
I am amazed I actually watched this, having previous knowledge of who is in it and what it is about. awful
½ June 26, 2008
Well for never having heard of this movie before it was surprisingly good. I also am not a fan of Keanu, but he surprised me. All in all it was pretty good. A little strange and morally skewed... and I could've sworn they were going to make Keanu's character gay :/ ... yeah you'll see... but I'd def recommend it if you have a spare afternoon.
June 8, 2008
Pennsylvania... Coal Mines... A young Keanu with a punk ass hair cut... what more could you want?! I'm getting that haircut.
April 18, 2008
I saw some of it and I like what I saw! I really need to see the whole movie as soon as. Keanu Reeves was wicked cute when he was young. Loved his wacky hair-do too. The coffee scene was absolutely hilarious.
February 24, 2008
I wanted this haircut for a very long time. :) Early Keanu, back before anyone knew who he was.
½ December 31, 2007
Not bad. I liked this crazy story of a kid, played by Keanu, who is struggling with an older woman that he loves, his crazy father and a mining job that he wants out of. When Keanu gets in trouble with the older woman, played by Amy Madigan, they both think that a simple felony might improve things. The story gets funnier once they attempt to kidnap Keanu's dad, played by Fred Ward. Fred has made me laugh ever since I saw him in "Tremors." He is funny in this one as well.
December 10, 2007
I love this movie. Probably my favorite Keanu movie.
November 4, 2007
want to see this again
September 11, 2007
Some of Keanu Reeves best work, which isn't saying much.