Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Reviews

April 26, 2017
This is a very good entertaining movie that you can go back to several times and still enjoy. This movie plonks you right into the middle of a whirlwind story and action straight from the start. The movie then carries on seemlessly from there with a fast, steady pace of thrills, suspense, action and fantasy.
April 23, 2017
Loved the movie and wish there was another one. I've watched it several times and enjoy the action and Jacks humor. He was awesome and Gemma was great too. Perfect for the family and if u ever played the game you would know that it's just like it was in the movie. I give Jack and the director props for making is as fun as it was for me and my family. Again I wish they had part 2!!!
April 21, 2017
The movie has good actors and is fun to watch.
January 26, 2017
Jake Gyllenhaal es el príncipe Dastan, un huérfano que crece adoptado por el rey de Persia, junto a sus dos hermanos, hijos legítimos del monarca. Al invadir una ciudad sagrada, se verá obligado a unirse a la princesa Tamina (Gemma Arterton), juntos se enfrentarán a un grupo de villanos con el fin de proteger una daga sagrada que contiene la arena del tiempo y es capaz de revertir el tiempo. El príncipe será víctima de una traición y con la ayuda de la princesa procurará proteger la daga sagrada y demostrar su inocencia, a la vez que deberá salvar al mundo mientras tanto. Bastante pasable, en la onda de Piratas del Caribe, pero sin llegar a crear el mismo fenómeno mediático
January 17, 2017
Though fairly violent by Disney standards, Prince of Persia is nonetheless an agreeable fantasy adventure, recommended for families with older children and teenagers. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, who also brought us the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Prince of Persia is not as good as the first film in that series, but superior to its sequels. It strikes a similar tone of comedy, romance, action, and supernatural fantasy, with Jake Gyllenhaal providing a dash of charm to go with his muscles and Gemma Arteron proving herself both lovely and graceful as a princess. Alfred Molina (Spiderman 2, Maverick, Raiders of the Lost Ark) is the best thing about the movie, stealing every scene he's in as an opportunistic sheik. Think Aladdin meets Indiana Jones and you'll get an idea of the movie's tone. The action scenes are fantastic, the sets and clothing are exquisite. The story is...a typically middle-of-the road summer movie story, but it never bores. As for potentially objectionable content, this film is roughly comparable to the first Pirates movie, so one can use that as a gauge.
January 13, 2017
Sadly it seems that whenever Sir Ben Kingsley pops up in a movie, he's playing a pantomime baddie and the movie itself is a turkey. Add to this that this is a movie based on a video game and I guess the writing was on the wall for the Prince of Persia. It looks good and glossy. There's plenty of action but the plot is thin and in places confused while the characters are poorly fleshed out. What we have is a flashy, gimmicky bit of nonsense that, though entertaining in parts, is actually as dry as the Arabian sands.
½ January 7, 2017
Film tie-in to the rather good games of the same series (which are, incidentally, the fifth iteration of the Prince of Persia games), starring a buffed-up Jake Gyllenhaal and a perma-tanned Gemma Arterton who looks like she has just been Tango'd.

While 2003's "Sands of Time" re-launched the game franchise, with 3 successive sequels ("Warrior Within", "The Two Thrones" and most recently, "The Forgotten Sands"), I'm not so sure the film adaptation will have the same impact. It's pretty obvious right from the outset who the main villain of the piece is/will become, and it also provides an Alladin-alike back-story to the Prince (that I don't recall ever being in the games) while doing away with the sand demons that populated those games.

In short: I'm glad I've seen it, but won't be rushing back for seconds.
January 5, 2017
This movie is far from good, it has a lot of problems, like the predictable story-line, half empty characters, weak dialogues, but it still hits home with me. The setting is beautiful, the lead actors do a great job, the pace is just right for me. Despite it's obvious flaws, it was a great watch.
½ January 1, 2017
Great cast. But didn't really understand the film, or the ending.
December 31, 2016
You can easily watch this movie and have drinking games with it.
December 30, 2016
Not a good movie to watch
½ November 27, 2016
11/26/2016: Just an ok movie. Nothing great or memorable enough to want to watch again.
November 26, 2016
Prince of Persia is one of Jake Gyllenhall's best movie ever! I absolutely love this movie!
November 23, 2016
first of all its not like the game it does have the elements but the story is just a little different i absolutely loved every second this movie had to offer and the cast was great i liked the guy that kept on complaining about taxes anf government conspiracy's
½ November 16, 2016
As a video game movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is actually one of the better ones even though it might not be the greatest movie of all time.
November 14, 2016
Para mi la pelicula era aceptable considerando que hubo peores peliculas basadas en videojuegos
October 16, 2016
I can see why this site is called rottentomatoes . The comment section is full of them.. You can safely ignore all the over critical people who think they are Ebert. The movie is at least a solid 7/10 for the average viewer. Plenty of action, a good story, emotional ups and downs, and a satisfying ending. If the game is anything like the movie, I'm sure I'd enjoy it.
½ September 22, 2016
How did I even imagine it possible to watch this movie over again a second time?
September 5, 2016
Really bad action film
½ September 4, 2016
With a lot of clichés, a silly sense of humor and empty, ridiculous characters, this harmless swashbuckler is predictable from the first scene to the last and doesn't even realize that the warn-out love/hate relationship between the main couple gets irritating really really fast.