Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Reviews

April 21, 2019
The best thing about this Movie is Jakes English accent .
½ March 8, 2019
Nice b-movie honestly
½ February 16, 2019
The pacing's a little off at times, it deviates from the source material and some of the casting is a bit eyebrow-raising, not helped by the apparent use of brownface but as far as video game movies go, Prince of Persia is still a fun video game movie. The performances are decent, the action sequences are fun and the humour definitely has that Pirates of the Caribbean influence. It doesn't bring anything new to the table but The Sands Of Time isn't really that bad.
½ February 11, 2019
This movie provides a well built action thriller for the whole family
September 16, 2018
Prince of Persia is a mostly generic video game adaptation. Gyllenhall and Kingsley definitely add some solid performances but they are outweighed majorly by a generic plot and bad pacing. The film also lacks substance and depth. It just trods long at snail's pace with generic action scenes and dull moments. If I had something to say about it, I'd give it credit for being accessible and family-friendly, something too many production companies avoid these days. There's nothing wrong with family-friendly entertainment with mature theming, as long as its done well. Here, it's just not. (2/5)
July 28, 2018
1 to 1 and a half, is this even a movie? Jake Gyllenhaal has done better then this.
July 26, 2018
the baddest video game movie ever, so far away to be a good movie
June 14, 2018
Good cast and Super storyline.
michael e.
½ March 29, 2018
a visual treat with great action, gripping suspense, and great effects, and its one of the movies that is acceptable in the gaming world
½ March 28, 2018
Hideously made and terribly performed. "Prince of Persia" is possibly the worst Disney film ever made.
½ March 28, 2018
This film is a step in the right direction for the video game adaptation genre of film. It's story isn't really interesting but it's coherent enough so that the film's excellent action sequences, production design, and performances led by Jake Gyllenhaal keep one attentive. Overall, though, it isn't the most memorable film but it is a solid 2 hours worth of entertainment.that is satisfyingly engaging.
½ March 21, 2018
It only followed a few details of the story in the video game, but however a movie that is based of a game should be close to or exactly like the game. And this movie failed hard on doing so, bottom line they just mashup everything from Prince Of Persia 1,2,3 and made a whole new boring story, off topic, and Disney sugar coated.
½ March 20, 2018
An enjoyable adventure movie headed by its talented cast. Nothing to write home about, but good fun if you have a couple hours of free time.
½ December 27, 2017
Wow the critics did a number on this movie. It's definitely better than what the critics had to say. Also you must judge it based on was it is and within context. First of all, it's based on a Video Game... so by its peers standards, this is a masterpiece compared to what we've seen so far. Also, many of the over-the-top acrobatics are an almost necessary tribute to the video game... so what can you do?
Also... it's not meant to be much more than an entertaining fantasy adventure with a decent plot. And by that standard, it does the job well.
It was funny to see Gemma Arterton in a very similar role to hers in Clash of the Titans, and also with a very similar romantic plot. It felt like Sam Worthington should be in the movie as well... Maybe if they make a sequel, he could be in it. :)
jamrcla
½ December 11, 2017
Having never played the game I didn't know much about what the plot was about but the games were big hits and popular enough to make a live action movie so I eventually gave it a watch and was very surprised, The story is very loyal to the games from what I seen in the games, Some nice action scenes and good effects, I didn't like the choice of actors but they did ok, As far as game to movies go it's probably one of the better ones, Even if it won't stand the test of time (No pun intended) I think maybe it could of been better if it wasn't made by Disney as they like to tone films down so much that if you're over the age of 11 it's not as enjoyable, But it could of been much worse so I can't complain too much, A good family film that is easy to watch even if you haven't played any of the games.
½ December 4, 2017
While better than most video game adaptations, this movie still suffers from the typical modern action movie issues. It's big, loud, dumb and covered from head to toe in unconvincing CGI.
August 25, 2017
Wow! Seen it on Saturday 9/18 with my family and it truly surpassed our expectations. This movie was way better then what I thought it was going to be. I mean, I knew it was going to be good but I didn't know it was going to be that good. It being in Blue-Ray just pushed it through the roof. I'm satisfied with my new purchase. Buy it, you won't regret it.
August 6, 2017
After general heresay and some bad reviews...I didnt expect much from this film. Yet I found that I really enjoyed it. Jake Gyllenhaal does an excellent job as the main protagonist, absolutely nailing an English accent. So well, that you'd swear he was.
His central performance definitely holds the film together..and he is supported by a great British cast, Ben Kingsly and Toby Kebbell among them. Richard Coyle also does well. A favourite actor of mine, and it is nice to see him with meaty role in a blockbuster. Alfred Molina hams it up once again, and while it fits in this film...it would be nice to have a bit more depth from him these days.The oh-so-important time effects are done well and Dastan's Freerunning stunts and set action pieces are fantastic. The filmmakers have done very well to bring a game such as this (with little in terms of story) to the big screen and keep it watchable. Fun and enjoyable stuff.
July 25, 2017
The Tomatometer has become a rather poor source of reference. Perhaps it reflects the group of people who watch movies for a living and need something off beat to rouse their calloused opinions. Sands of Time was very enjoyable. I need to disregard this system. Sorry but evaluation goes both ways.
July 4, 2017
Excellent Epic. Love and betrayal. Very well done.