Princesas (Princesses) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Princesas (Princesses) Reviews

September 11, 2014
Buen drama/comedia de España con subtítulos en inglés, 109 minutos
March 23, 2013
Great performances. Engaging and not sugar coated.
January 12, 2013
Rather dull considering the content. At no point does this film push the boundaries or expose a gritty side.
December 7, 2012
Want to see at some point in the future! A treat !
November 11, 2012
In this film Caye embodies the perfect combination of independence and insecurity. This was a tasteful and elegant depiction of the dangers, struggles and shame-ridden moments which face ladies of the night. The inner conflicts were genuine and were only further illuminated by graceful, and sometimes philosophic dialogue. I wish there were more films of this quality.
May 8, 2012
This is an exceptional film about the world's oldest profession. It is exceptional, not just as an insight into the emptiness of a whore's life but into the richness of a friendship entered into with kindness. The story is small scale with minor villains and fleeting loving. At no point is it salacious, and yet the film does not flinch from its subject matter.
½ November 30, 2011
There is a hint of Almodovar in this defiantly optimistic tale of prostitution and chauvinism and more than a hint of Ken Loach in the brutal realism of the camera work and the complete authenticity of the performances. Their are some terribly harrowing scenes and a sense of approval regarding prostitution which seem ill-advised, but all-in-all, this is a memorable, hilarious, disturbing indictment of anti-multiculturalism in the squalid, inevitable lives of middle-class prostitutes in Spain.
March 12, 2011
I'm not entirely sure how accurate this movie is, but I did enjoy it nonetheless. A story of two women coming together against all odds. Sentimental characters and a touching storyline.
½ September 29, 2010
Watched with English subtitles.

"I have nostalgia for things that haven?t happened yet?then I get sad because they may never happen.?

?Love is to pick me up after work.?

?We exist because there are people thinking of us, not because we are here.?

Terrific Actress: Candela Peña
September 25, 2010
expected it to be a bit shoddy and alot sexy. although micaela nevarez is da bomb it turned out to be really well made. one of the best dramas i've seen in ages! it's up there with volver (the connection being the spanish). it has equal parts serious, funny and imaginative. infact for the last half i desperately needed to take a piss... but i couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen so just waited. if that isn't promotion enough i don't know what is!
September 1, 2010
Film was good...for some prostitutes real life.
August 15, 2010
This movie made me laugh and feel alive but almost cry.
June 14, 2010
Excellent movie!! great way to handle topic.
June 6, 2010
An fascinating look at the lies we tell ourselves to make living life bearable.
½ May 20, 2010
So emotionally contained but internally explosive, A movie that really makes you feel nostalgic about things that never happened...Excellent screenplay and acting.
March 10, 2010
Worth watching. I like the soundtrack a lot.
½ March 6, 2010
Awesome drama about prostitution in Europe. It was good how it showed the reality about the poor Latin American girls who go to Europe to work as prostitutes. The story was really good.
January 3, 2010
emotional, sad, well acted, touching movie...
½ December 28, 2009
so sad and so true! this kind of films can remind us how lucky we are
½ December 20, 2009
Excepte l'escena de la limusina tot està força bé, i en particular el final