Princesas (Princesses) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Princesas (Princesses) Reviews

December 8, 2009
Mucho sexo...Exagerado!!
½ December 6, 2009
Toil and trouble for prostitutes in Madrid. It makes some good points about their lives and the problems they face without the subject matter being in your face.
December 1, 2009
a painful punch in the stomach and a beautiful moment of cinema. gritty, beautiful, and blessed with a fantastic cast. oh, and the soundtrack rocks since Manu chao scored the most of it.

in the same genre, pair it with "lilja 4 ever" from Lukas Moodysson for one of your saddest (and greatest) double features of all time!
November 29, 2009
Muy buena mubi... sobre una amistad de unas - pues - putas. Esta era una de las peliculas que tengo desde hace rato y no puedo verlas por el tiempo, pero debo decirles que SI vale la pena. Cuenta la "realidad" de dos prostituta, una española y otra dominicana, que viven su oficia con alegrias y penas, sin dejar a un lado su lado humano, con suenos y esperanzas.

Cinematograficamente muy buena, como toda pelicula espanola... aunque, no se si sere yo o que, pero el audio siempre es malo jaja... las actuaciones muy muy buenas, y el soundtrack con Manu Chao le pegó.

La verdad la recomiendo bastante, un drama muy real para comprender a estas prostitutas, que nunca dejarán de ser mujeres y por eso sonaran que son princesas.
½ November 13, 2009
This was a very deep and real look into a world most people don't see. While it deals with a very private subject, the film does so with a sense of art and class. I was impressed.
½ October 15, 2009
Boring! But well made if you want to know about the trials and tribulations of Spanish hookers.
September 7, 2009
An absolutely, amazing example of good European cinematography. It shows amazingly, the street and dirty side of the luxurious and full of lifestyle Barcelona. A great movie with tremendous performances, my own favorite was Blanca (María Ballesteros) the junkie, she is nothing less than perfect!
You have to see it!
August 6, 2009
Good movie. Fairly realistic, (or appeared to be), portrayal of prostitution. I liked the ending and the sense of hope for the main character instead of the usual, wound up dead or may as well be. The other lead character did not fare quite as well, but that's where the realism comes into it, and at least it wasn't all bleak for her. (Not that I mind bleak as that is how things are, but this was a refreshing change).
½ July 13, 2009
Not very brilliant, a bit too teary sometimes, still quite good movie and definitely recommended if you want to take a break from all the h(b)(n)ollywood cliches, I was concerned that this movie might be a bit too depressive but it is not.
½ July 11, 2009
La trama parece facil pero tiene mil mensajes que te hacen reflexionar . Muy buena actuacion
½ May 4, 2009
I think the general story of a hooker with a heart of gold is getting old but at least this movie wasn't shit.
½ April 29, 2009
This is a very well written movie based on reality. Actor's performances are great. I like the movie because is a drama of an immigrant whom driven by the bad economic situation of her country, was forced to leave the homeland and work as a prostitute in Madrid Spain. She was promised for a visa to stay legally in the country, but they just used her. She met Caye who is just a prostitute too They understand each other and they create a true friendship until Zulema has to leave the country because her HIV results came back positive. A very human story that is worth to see it.
½ April 18, 2009
Thanks to my roommate so that I can understand this movie. It all play in spanish!!!! ha.... the 1st movie about prostitute I watch! With a heart of gold...ya..i think it's a good movie
½ April 11, 2009
I didn't want to watch it, but my friend insisted. Manu Chao song is played so many times that you end hating it. The story of the prostitute with a gold heart, that's innovation. Boring, human, predectible. Two wasted hours.
March 28, 2009
not what i was expecting but very well done
March 13, 2009
Extraordinary movie.Very good script, perfectly directed, often hilarious and, at times, deeply moving.Candela Peña and Micaela Nevárez did amazing job.Movie is a touching exploration of two women who work in a dark profession, but find light through their friendship with each other. I enjoyed it very much, and will be on the lookout for more from both the director and his lead actresses in the future.
March 4, 2009
"We do Exist Because Someone Recalls Us..."
It has a wonderful script, that shows what we all try to hide. Our incredible hypocrecy. Our loose of sense of humanity. The fractures in our values, principles, confidence. World seen throught the eyes of an incredible character, Caye, a prostitute that has a heart of a poet and sense of commitment as Che Guevara ( and somehow reminds the naifness-purenes of Loach's characters)
February 15, 2009
Um bom filme independente sobre prostituição. A trilha sonora é um pouco cansativa, mas contextualizada. Dá idéia de como são as periferias da Espanha.
February 2, 2009
One of the best movie I've seen in a LOOOOONG time. Amazing acting, great script. Real life stories, without any sugar coating crap. Micaela Nevarez is one of the most beautiful women I've seen and she's spectacular!