The Private Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Private Eyes Reviews

½ April 2, 2017
Hilarious clean comedy that I have watched with my family multiple times.
December 1, 2016
very good movie I enjoyed it
November 27, 2016
best movie I've ever seen very well made
November 23, 2016
very mysterious and very funny indeed one of the finest movie's from Tim Conway and the late Don knotts
September 25, 2016
- Just got this one Blu-ray so watched it yet again. It's a silly comedy I watched as a kid so I have fond memories of it. There was a period in the 80's where there were these murder-mystery/horror/comedies set in massive mansions; this, "Haunted Honeymoon", and "Clue". I enjoyed them all. Don Knotts may have the best facial expressions ever of any actor, so many times he doesn't say anything, he just contorts his face, but it says volumes. He and Tim Conway also had outstanding chemistry together having done so many films with each other, it was just fun watching them together. I have a soft spot for this one as it's from my youth so not sure what I would think if I saw it for the first time today, but I do enjoy it.

- Watched it again even though I had seen it recently...just fun, mindless entertainment, really amusing watching Tim Conway and Don Knotts play off each other.

- Stupid fun, watched several times as a kid and just rewatched it...
½ February 5, 2016
I love Don Knotts but that was a trainwreck. So terrible.
April 10, 2015
Like peanut butter and chocolate these two just go perfect together.I'm a big fan of both these comedians so indulge me in my guilty pleasure.
October 27, 2014
One of my all time favourite films. I has a lot of nostalgia with me. I can remember being very young and seeing it on television with my dad.

It took me many, many years after that to finally locate a copy on DVD. If you like Tim Conway and Don Knotts then I believe this to be a classic that should not be missed.
December 24, 2013
Love this movie, absolute classic. The 2 stars make this movie what is is. They are a fantastic pair when it comes to comedy tv and film.
April 20, 2013
I love this movie one of my favorite movies
April 12, 2013
A classic, great movie!
March 11, 2013
Great Movie! Don was Awsome!
March 10, 2013
It's got Tim Conway and Don Knotts in it...I mean its got to be awesome!
February 26, 2013
I have liked this movie since i was a kid, its good old comedy!! ya can't beat Knotts and Conway!
January 18, 2013
A comedy delight for fans of Knotts and Conway. No great leaps in humor here but plenty of reliable laughs.
½ December 11, 2012
Pleasant nonsense--Elementary, Don and Tim!!
December 6, 2012
A ridiculous little mystery comedy staring two master of ridiculous movies. If you enjoy their humor you'll like this more than I did, but if not, skip it. The movie is incredibly cliched. I knew who dun it when they got their first clue.
October 22, 2012
a great movie to get some genuine laughs
September 8, 2012
Banana peel comedy that has its moments. Trisha Noble is such a beautiful woman. Nice location.
½ August 2, 2012
This weak spoof material is way below the talents of Knotts and Conway.