Private Resort - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Private Resort Reviews

½ May 14, 2016
Well, Johnny Depp did well to recover from this didn't he? This is a very poor attempt at smutty comedy which basically involves Depp and his mate being chased through hotel corridors by various unfunny goons for most of the film.
April 29, 2016
Yes, Johnny Depp's worst movie. 80s 'comedy', and I use that word lightly. There are lots of bikinis and silly unhumorous slapstick. Although a diamond thief is part of the plot, it doesn't seem legitimate. Pretty boring, besides the scenery. Rating 4 / 10
March 25, 2016
johnny depp mostly nude? why not? and the obligatory boobs from the '80's!
November 15, 2015
This was real good comedy. not the garbage they play todays days.
August 28, 2015
8/24/2015: Horrible movie. Pretty weak plot and not very funny.
June 26, 2015
Both Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow were so embarrassed by the film that they swore a pact to track down and destroy every copy. After watching this film, I can see why. An 80s sex comedy, it's a pretty bottom of the barrel affair. The film could generously be called a bedroom farce, but it's really it's a crass excuse for lots of nudity. Besides Depp and Morrow, Hector Elizondo also finds himself slumming it in this garbage as a jewel theif called "The Maestro." I will say the film at least doesn't really have any pretense to it and the opening credit sequence perfectly captures the tone of this entire film; which had lots of boobs, butts, and horny teens and hits to the groin. Ace cinematographer Adam Greenberg ("Terminator 2," "Near Dark," "Ghost") also slummed it in this dreck. One star for the novelty of seeing huge star power in utterly crass garbage.
½ January 3, 2015
Putrid, slapstick-heavy sex comedy from the 1980s that's plotless, charmless, and laugh free. Notable only for the fact that it stars Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow as two guys trying to get laid.
November 9, 2014
I will admit, it's a dumb movie. But at the same time, it's ingenius and something that's just plain fun to watch. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm still glad that I saw it. I'm slightly disappointed with Johnny Depp's acting in this movie, however, because this movie is immediately following Nightmare on Elm Street, which is a cinemographic masterpiece. I give it 3 out of 5 because it's funny movie, but not something that should be watched more than once if given the choice.
March 29, 2013
Hilário,Muito Divertido E Ousado Coisas De Jovens
½ March 12, 2013
A young Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow really show some acting chops with a typical 80s script that offers very little in the way of actual plot and substance. The cast is surprisingly strong for the style of film with Depp and Morrow surrounded by the likes of Hector Elizonodo. Private Resort is better than the plethora of films dealing with the same subject matter but would have been better with an original plot and some actual substance.
½ January 22, 2013
Rerating: This was one of the first nudie coms I ever saw, but rewatching it with a better appreciation for screwball comedies, this isn't all that terrible. But still, Depp is wasted given his talents even at this age. But I guess every 14 year old boy should probably watch this movie.

Barf! Things got better for Depp from here. (1 1/2 stars)
January 16, 2013
Do you know what Rodney Eckrich likes? 80's T and A movies especially if it has the big boobed woman from Police Academy in it. Aside from beach babes this also features John Depp and Robby Morrow in early roles and there is even some Andy Dice Clay for some hickory dickory dock comedy. I liked this and it is definitely better than Hardbodies and stuff like that.
October 12, 2012
Tits, ass and more tits
October 5, 2012
Don't know why, but I liked it!
½ September 3, 2012
It could do without all the bare chests, but i did enjoy the comedic plot& johnny depps ass!
July 23, 2012
One of the most dumbest movies Johnny Depp has ever made but I still love the man!
½ June 15, 2012
hilarious, J.D is hott!!
May 29, 2012
Don't know why, but I liked it!
April 19, 2012
This was an alright sex comedy from the 80's starring Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow.
It had enough nudity for the type of movie it was trying to be.
The humour was really over the top, with most of it feeling slapsticky.
Lots of attractive women in bikinis and some decent jokes helped keep you interested to the end.
April 1, 2012
Typical 80s comedy romp starring a young Johnny Depp in what I believe is his first or second starring role in a movie. I didn't particularly like it, but I also didn't hate it. Overall it was just mediocre with a lot of slap stick mixed with sex humor