Privates on Parade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Privates on Parade Reviews

February 12, 2012
You Have it wrong, the film is set during the Malayan emergency, 1948. In WW2 Malaya was occupied by the Japs 1942-1945.
October 16, 2009
Privates on Parade is a little bit of an oddball. It seems to expend all its energy in the first hour before settling for mediocrity in the final stretch. There isnt much of a story to be fair and if it wasnt for Dennis Quigley's inspired turn it would have all been rather flat from the start.
½ August 7, 2009
Curious mix of the tragedy of war, bawdy comedy, drag shows and communist rebels, set in southeast Asia. On the whole it doesn't quite work, but I admire the effort. Good performances. It just pulls the viewer in too many directions, and often abruptly.
June 26, 2009
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that john cleese, simon jones, michael elphick, patrick pearson, dennis quilley play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this action/adventure/drama/comedy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...its a great movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie n its a really enjoyable movie 2 watch
June 25, 2009
It's hard to tell if this is supposed to be a comedy about or just a quirky character study from post-war Malaysia as there is little to laugh about. The actual story is terrible too, not enough to make a song and dance about.
August 9, 2008
The cover said it was comedy, but I liked it as a drama. Brings tears to my eyes.
July 19, 2008
just not funny! this cringe-worthy film has nothing good going for it other than a few good cleese moments
May 11, 2008
Very funny, very British. There's a sex scene, so I couldn't share it with my kids, which was a pity.
½ April 20, 2008
Some funny moments, but a long way from the Python films.
½ February 23, 2008
A fine adaptation of the hit RSC stage play, this preserves Denis Quilley's brilliant performance as the leader of a motley group of army entertainers as they trek around Malay during the Emergency. Cleese is the miscast - he replaces Nigel Hawthorne, who pulled the part off with a great deal more subtlety. The song and dance numbers are fun and the story has some very touching moments.
November 2, 2007
John Cleese !!! And i haven't seen this movie, yet !
½ February 22, 2007