The Producers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Producers Reviews

December 29, 2015
One of my favourite musicals!
October 27, 2015
A remake of 1968 film. For those Broadway musicals lovers would certainly be crazy about it. But I just find it a bit too loud. Good choreography though.
October 27, 2015
"The Producers" is a serviceable remake that should please fans of the original and newcomers alike.
½ October 7, 2015
It's quirky, and that's kinda cool.
½ September 29, 2015
Not the best movie ever. It got boring after awhile and the starting scene seemed to go on forever. Also, the blond chick lost her "accent" whenever she sang.
Some random things happened in the movie that were just odd and stupid.
The only time I laughed was when Will Ferrell was on. If it wasn't for will Ferrell I would have turned the movie off in the first 10 minutes. He kept the movie alive.
Also, the songs can get really annoying especially when they all sound the same. The movie dragged on for WAY TOO LONG.
2 hours and 15 minutes is ridiculous for a movie like this. Only interesting movies like avatar should go for that long. I turned it off with 10 minutes to go anyway.
This is not a movie I would be in a hurry too watch again.
Overall, the movie was alright in a way, the only reason I gave it a star was because of will Ferrell. Thank god for him.
½ September 14, 2015
This is not a movie that lends itself to the musical format for one thing. The other problem is that the acting is not very good. Matthew Lane and his fellow performers appear to be trying to act like Zerp Mostel et all. They use the same hair styles and the same costumes and attempt the same grimaces but it just does not work. Uma Thurman is good as the receptionist but she is the only good permance. Nobody can imitate Gene Wilders hysteria or Zero Mostel's gestures general cynicism. His offices are too clean. The ending which has the trip to Reno with Thurman uses up a lot of time and doesn't add anything. The 1968 version is one of my favourite movies but this one just doesn't work.
September 10, 2015
I laughed sooooo hard
August 29, 2015
This movie was some type of reward. I've got no interest in watching it.
August 22, 2015
Not in the class of the original(not even close}it's easy to see why this version made a better musical theater production than it did on the big screen.
August 7, 2015
Ugh, this is what I'm talking about! Next to Chicago, this is one of the best modern musicals that has come out in a very long time. A classic remake of a brilliant comedy. But what makes it better: MUSIC! The music in this movie, God, it was just so hilariously written and hilariously portrayed. This movie is just a great, silly musical and it should please Mel Brook's fans all around the world. Lane, Broderick, and Ferrell have broughten more stage light to their world, finally, because they deserve all the attention in this movie, for they we're all outstandingly funny in this.
July 25, 2015
Yes, I'll prefer Mel Brooks film version of The Producers than this one any day, but this version is still a very entertaining adaption of an already excellent broadway musical (thats adapted from Mel Brooks comedy). Lets just say, I appreciate this film on it's own terms.
June 25, 2015
A funny well done musical with an exciting cast that you can't keep your eyes off.
½ June 9, 2015
This has songs called
Keep it Gay
Springtime for Hitler and
When You've Got It, Flaunt It

You've been warned
½ May 26, 2015
It's funny here and there but mostly a flop.
½ May 24, 2015
Two producers (Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane) decide to make a major Broadway flop in the Producers. They choose an offensive and poorly written play that praises Hitler. They hire the worst director they can think of and before they know it... the show is a huge hit. The producers has a funnier concept than it was a a movie. The movie is a straight up production of a musical on Broadway and does not splice together any story in between such as a movie like Chicago. The film itself is just not the best media and this belongs more on the stage. Despite that it had it a few moments, but is not worth watching unless you are already a huge fan of the musical play.
May 16, 2015
A very funny and entertaining musical based on Mel Brook's hit show. Lane and Broderick are terrific. Lots of memorable classic performances and adult humor. Great musical as well as a great comedy.
½ May 5, 2015
I enjoyed the remake more than the original up until the third act where this film took it further than need be. Will Ferrell perhaps stills the show and outshines Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane who have too much clumsy material to go through. Still I'd rather watch just the best of pieces from this movie, then the whole thing.
April 19, 2015
it was ok, not the best from mel brooks
February 22, 2015
It's fun! And (occasionally) very funny! The original is legendary of course, but this deserves a bit more credit for keeping most of the original snark and humor alive.
½ February 7, 2015
A disastrous playwriter and a naive accountant ally so that they can planify a great scam: they will produce the worst play ever, the one that will scandalize all kinds of viewers and will surely fail in every single aspect. They have the worst director, the worst actors, and the worst play, but in the end... it is a critically-acclaimed success.

Mel Brooks produces this Musical Comedy, which includes names such as Matthew Broderick and Uma Thurman between the main cast. The main play "Springstime For Hitler" is beautifully executed, and the story, though dull and slow in the beginning, finally evolves into an adorable comedy.