Prometheus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prometheus Reviews

July 24, 2016
One of the greatest movies ever made!
July 24, 2016
What was that black goo? Was he some kind of secret asshole? Is he a secret on things that never ever happened? Did he have a malfunction in his robot brain? What if the mission involved a gang-bang? What's Prometheus? WHYYY?
½ July 22, 2016
An ambitious movie not only in its outstanding visuals but also in ideas, though the existentialist debate never goes beyond the most obvious, and even if supported by a gripping mystery, this is a frustrating effort that only cares about coming up with more and more questions than ever bothering to answer them.
½ July 17, 2016
Insultingly daft scientists act like 12-year-olds. Noomi Rapace and Charlize Theron cope with a horrendous script and constant gay-oral-rape references.
½ July 11, 2016
Two scientists discover a clue that hints at the origin of mankind and leads them to head a space expedition to find their makers. When they arrive, they learn things that they were not prepared for and must face unexpected terrors. Prometheus is a visually stunning and terrific Science fiction film that is very underrated in my opinion.
½ July 11, 2016
Prometheus is a stunning sci-fi film with a unique story line. This film has beautiful special effects and compelling performances. If you are expecting a full on Alien film you will be disappointed but if you open up to new things you will love this film.
July 10, 2016
I thought this was a great prequel, and great science fiction!
July 10, 2016
Interesting sci-fi flick. I wish they would have resolved/explained more.
July 8, 2016
The ending was weird, the characters' arcs and dialogue often didn't make sense, and I was definitely baffled by the lack of finesse in the story telling. But I still had fun. There was suspense, aliens and psychopaths, so I got what I came for.
½ July 4, 2016
Highly disappointed. Alien ish with the whole film relying on the last few minutes to make any sense.
½ June 26, 2016
Ridley Scott fez bem ao dirigir Prometheus,com um alto Sci-Fi,Mas,Como Prequel de Alien,ele fracassou em seus objetivos e referencias ao Alien não se encaixam,mesmo aparecendo o xenomorphis no final.
June 26, 2016
The Wikipedia summary is wayyyy better than how the film was executed. So much potential.
June 25, 2016
Pretty well scripted and developed. Excellent film, as I expected from Ridley Scott.
June 23, 2016
After watching it several more times I've eased up on it. Still full of plot holes but visually perfect.
June 22, 2016
Basura a cubos algo entretenida y bien hecha.
June 21, 2016
Visualy stunning. First act absolutely engaging. Second act brings questionable choices and final act seems to be poorly constructed to satisfy movie's rationale existence.
June 20, 2016
Prometheus is NOT the prequel of 'Alien'.... John Carpenter's 'Dark Star' is the genuine prequel with Dan O'Bannon that has the first Alien portrayed.
½ June 18, 2016
Prometheus is a beautiful sci-fi epic that ultimately raises far too many questions than it cares to answer. Fassbender gives a creepy performance, while Rapace caries the emotional weight of the film. Connections to the Alien franchise are not great or necessary, but the rest of the story keeps you interested.
½ June 15, 2016
it was pretty good the ending was better
June 14, 2016
Prometheus, the what? 7th entry in the series if you include the two Alien vs. Predator films. Should we count those, good or bad? Maybe not, because crossover films always screw up the timelines. Prometheus explains a lot and leaves a lot of questions.

Man, there needs to be a sequel and it's already overdue. My problem is barely understanding anything, and yes, I for the most part remember the plot of Alien 1. To link together a 2010+ film to one made just about 30+ years before it is rough for a number of reasons. The '70s cult hit created a lot to live up to and link to, and in general, this did a good job.

I'd say that there is some awkward or weak or unneeded character development and that would be one of the worst parts about the film, other than that, this film is just great.