Province 77

Critics Consensus

No consensus yet.

Tomatometer
Not Yet Available

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: N/A

Audience Score

Ratings: Not yet available
User image

Province 77 Photos

Movie Info

Province 77 concerns a Thai family who has come to America. The title refers to a Thai-filled section of Los Angeles that is given the title moniker in honor of Thailand's 76 provinces. The film depicts how the sons and daughters in the family are affected by the street culture that surrounds them.

Cast

Critic Reviews for Province 77

There are no critic reviews yet for Province 77. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Province 77

  • Oct 22, 2007
    A Thai movie that takes place in Los Angeles. 60% of the dialogue is in English while the other 40% is in Thai. Basically what this movie feels like is a really low budgeted Fast and the Furious without the concept of cars. You even have an actor by the name of Jeremy Thana that looks like a smaller Vin Diesel. Go figure.

    The first 30 minutes or so of this film is rubbish. The editing is pretty bad and you are trying to figure out what the point of the story is. Luckily, the story tends to smooth itself out and unfold the farther you get into this picture. Along with the bad editing there is a ton of hip hop beats playing in the background, making a lot of this film feel like some sort of music video. Not good.

    The acting in here is OK for a b-movie, which I would assume this is, but for a mainstream Hollywood film it is bad. The dialogue for the characters, although somewhat realistic with all the swearing, seemed a little silly and over the top at times. One of the only positives about the acting is seeing WWE Diva Candice Michelle in multiple sex scenes with shots of her hooters. Beautiful.

    Some people may be fooled into thinking there is a ton of action in this film, but there isn't. There is actually one scene with some decent martial arts choreography but it seems so out of place from the rest of the film.

    Take it from me and leave this film alone. The only memorable things are Candice Michelle and, maybe, the decent ending.

    JY S Super Reviewer

Province 77 Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

News & Features