Prozac Nation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prozac Nation Reviews

October 31, 2016
A story about a spoiled brat. Plain and simple.
½ July 7, 2016
Girl out of control, as anyone else she has to find herself, though the paths goes stumbling over everyone close to her, with high sharp heels. Self-centered female extravaganza.
½ May 19, 2016
The strong performances from Ricci and Lange elevate this depressing drama and prevent us from fully hating a troubled character who can't stop hurting everyone around her, and it is very sad how it shows the tragic effects of depression on a person and on those who love her.
December 6, 2015
Not that there should even be a movie about Elizabeth Wurtzel to begin with though...
July 13, 2015
Too much like an after school special.
½ June 13, 2015
Christina Ricci and Jessica Lange are stupendous, but it's just so hard to like Prozac Nation when the lead is such a BITCH. The movie truthfully depicts manic depression and makes for a dreary, ugly experience.
½ May 6, 2015
Besides a nude Christina Ricci and a great performance (as always) by Jessica Lange, I thought this movie was pretty forgettable. It's dare say boring at times.
½ March 10, 2015
Christina is good, but this is hardly a story worth telling.
February 3, 2015
a movie on depression didn't care much about it
September 27, 2014
this wasn't very good, even though i watched it 'til the end.
September 23, 2014
A real eye-opener. Completely relatable.
September 19, 2014
Most of these people critiquing the movie don't know anything about what this movie is even getting at. Jessica Lange is the perfect "mother" character and each scene with her is just exploding with emotions. I cried several times watching the struggle that Lizzy internalized when she realized how she was being self destructive but couldn't stop. I don't know how you people thought this was boring, it was incredibly engaging.
½ June 23, 2014
I watched the whole thing.
May 29, 2014
Christina Ricci gives another outstanding performance.
April 25, 2014
Been wanting to see this for years. It's a difficult film most of the time to watch. Critics and viewers that gave this movie low ratings must have never suffered from depression. An accurate account of the ebbs and flows of the clinical depressed mind. Christina Ricci and Jessica Lange both act the hell out of their roles. Glad I finally watched this film.
March 30, 2014
One of Christine's best movies. Such a great exploration into the world of mental illness.
March 16, 2014
ganz schön anstrengend
½ February 25, 2014
I thought it was really good, but definitely not for everyone.
½ February 15, 2014
The book this movie is based on might have been a bestseller, but it didn't translate well into a movie. I liked the cinematic style, but as far as the substance is concerned, the viewer essentially is subjected to 90 min of ramblings of a mentally unstable teenager who is also a drama queen. The entire point of the story and hence the title (depression and the excessive use of medication to teat it) was completely lost.
½ January 28, 2014
I would have had more respect for this movie if it actually acknowledged how much of much of a manipulative, self-centered, narcissistic psychopath the main character was.