P.S. I Love You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

P.S. I Love You Reviews

½ January 2, 2016
Simply a great film that will pull on your heart strings.
January 2, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ November 23, 2015
The acting is solid, but the overall premise is kind of creepy and morbid and the script was odd and unbelievable. Hilary Swank is Holly Kennedy, whose husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) dies of a brain tumour in the first 10 or so minutes. It turns out, however, that Gerry composed and arranged to have sent to Holly after his death several letters and even at least one tape recording. In theory, these messages are supposed to help Holly move on and find new love, but really, they seem to hold her back, re-living her time with Gerry as he reminisces about their first meeting (which gives a chance for Butler to show up in a few flashbacks). Meanwhile, a bartender (Harry Connick Jr.) in Holly's mother's bar starts hitting on the widow almost from the end of Gerry's wake. It's not clear whether this character is of low intelligence, is mentally challenged, or just plain rude. What is clear is that he's thoroughly bizarre, and although Connick Jr. tries gamely to make him likeable, he's just badly written. There is also a pointless sub-plot in which one of Holly's friends uses a 20-questions approach to find a mate. I was going to give the movie credit for avoiding the obvious ending, but then it went and fell right into the second-most obvious ending. It might be an okay date movie, if you haven't just had a death in the family. Otherwise, you're not missing anything by giving it a pass.
October 6, 2015
Si ce n'est pas le plus beau film d'amour qui existe jusqu'à pr (C)sent, c'est facilement dans le top 3. Le sc (C)nario est parfait et que dire de la trame sonore ; incroyable !
August 18, 2015
how does this get bad reviews? its amazing
August 13, 2015
P.S I love you is quite simply the best film ever!
½ June 21, 2015
Ihana leffa, ylltti positiivisesti! <3
½ May 27, 2015
77%
Saw this on 27/5/15
Hilary Swank gives a stale and unbearable performance as the romantic lead, but thanks to it's fine cinematography, good music and scenery, PS I Love you is worth the watch despite the number of cliches in it. Gerard Butler is at times really annoying, but better than Swank. However Kathy Bates, Lisa Kudrow and Harry Connick Jr gives better performances. The film is also a bit long for a romantic film, 1hr 30 mins should have been fairly sufficient.
January 21, 2015
I cry every time I watch this movie. a must see date movie.
½ January 18, 2015
Critics hate it, audiances love it. I think i must agree with critics right now.
January 18, 2015
Muy larga , poco convincente en algunos aspectos , no se explica como y por q el marido le escribe las cartas , lo rescatable la pareja protagonica , los secundarios sobran , excepto Katy Bates.
January 7, 2015
fuck yourself rotten tomatoes...hilary swank rocks in the movie and she is perfect to play Holly Kennedy.
January 3, 2015
I will only see this movie if Gerard Butler kicks Hilary Swank in the chest and yells, "This is Sparta!"
January 3, 2015
December 4, 2014
Hilary Swank is wildly miscast, and everyone else looks uncomfortable in this romantic comedy with strong Irish overtones. One very awkward chic flick.
½ December 1, 2014
Warm and genuinely touching moments that made the whole film worthwhile!
October 12, 2014
I don't think i have ever cried so much while watching such a simple movie. It is so sweet and hopeful!
October 10, 2014
The type of romance that lives on the silver screen. Lovely and beautiful while it is still raw and truthful. I want to be someone's Jerry or even better someone's Holly..... & P.S.......Please grab me a tissue & enjoy! =)
September 25, 2014
OMG!!! I love this movie!!!! Gerard Butler is amazing in this.
September 22, 2014
Not as moving as I presume but still worth a watch. I really thought that William is Javier Bardem!