P.S. Your Cat Is Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

P.S. Your Cat Is Dead Reviews

July 6, 2014
Having read the late James Kirkwood's play and having seen a production of it, I wanted to like this movie. The acting and direction are good enough. Alterations Gutenberg made to Kirkwoods story are the problem. The twist in Kirkwood's play is that the burglar is gay and makes Jimmy question his own sexuality before the night ends. This part of the story was removed from the film. The ending a straight guy and his gay burglar becoming buddies is just plain silly. Perhaps playing gay was too much for Gutenberg. If so, he should never have taken on the part.
December 2, 2012
Guttenberg can't really act...he just smiles a lot.
December 2, 2012
Guttenberg can't really act...he just smiles a lot.
March 14, 2012
Probably a big pile of poo... But one I wanna check out..
May 28, 2011
Garbage - complete waste of time. Guttenberg is very disappointing and the writing is just horrendous. I understand this was a play before a movie - hopefully the play was better.
March 3, 2011
Randomly funny movie but not quite funny or sharp enough.
April 2, 2009
The book is absolutely much more better than the movie! It is hard to call the movie as a dark comedy though the book is.
At the end I waited him to say that this was the book he wrote but he didn't...
½ August 30, 2008
Loved it. This guy who's having a horrible day/life catches a cat bugler and is able to take out some frustration.
August 17, 2008
That was weird. I really like Guttenberg and thought I would love him in a dark comedy, but this was weirder than I thought possible. Guttenberg lacked the enthusiasm of some of the other characters and was unconvincing as an unemployed actor/writer. It didn't seem like everyone was acting in the same film overall it lacked a cohesive element in storytelling.
July 17, 2008
An implausible attempt at psychological exploration of characters, Guttenberg is the worst link in the bunch, sorely in need of a thesaurus.
May 16, 2008
where have you been Steve?
½ April 18, 2008
It`s SO sad. Cried all the times.
½ November 28, 2007
No storyline, some funny scenes.
November 17, 2007
This looked SO GOOD! But it's not. It really is very bad. Lame, dumb dialogue, dumb storyline. I just like the part where he finds out his cat is dead. It's so sad. But the rest sucks.
October 25, 2007
Really REALLY a bad movie. The cat was lucky. Guttenberg does not pass for 38 (as he is supposed to be in the movie) and it's just twisted (and not in a comical way) and boring and he is neither pathetic or likable. Just a very UNlikeable person living off his Auntie's income and whining about unfullfilled dreams - like he's the only one huh? And goes mad because he can't have what he wants in life (ohhh boo-hoo - it's a mad world of people MOST of whom do not) and decides it's okay to torture his burgler and strip him butt naked tied down on his kitchen counter because of it. Funny huh? Not.
½ October 19, 2007
Not very good. It loses momentum quickly and then just drags on.
September 17, 2007
Random, funny movie. The plot is a little thin and the main character a little pathetic, but it has some humorous scenes.
August 24, 2007
book was somewhat amazing but guttenberg as the main character? NOPE!
½ July 15, 2007
Probably the best thing Steve Guttenberg has done.
July 11, 2007
I don't have to see this to know that if it STARS Steve Guttenberg and it was DIRECTED by him that it'll be over 90 minutes of hell.