Pterodactyl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pterodactyl Reviews

½ November 12, 2014
Just cheesy and F/X filled to entertain, but not very good, even in a B-movie sense.
½ February 25, 2013
It wouldn't be a stretch to say that this is the most pathetic, under worked, horribly acted, terribly directed, mindlessly written movie I've ever seen. It's not even fun to laugh at.
November 10, 2012
If you like Coolio, dinosaurs, and great acting, you'll love it! Nuff said
May 29, 2012
Coolio en force special.... Mouarfffff
March 20, 2012
The animation isn't too bad but the story isn't all too great, but it's a decent Dinosaur film with a bit of gore and nice scenes, but the characters aren't too good and there's a lot of cheap parts.
August 15, 2011
One of the biggest let downs for me in a long time, when you hear the name of this film you know it could be really good and for a B movie the cast is not that bad at all but the setting the situations they just do not work out that well at all, This film did not have to B movie I'm shocked someone did not male this into a big time film, Overall the Story is not good the Acting is not good but nothing is really terrible about this film except for the setting, another Sci Fi B movie gone wrong With such potential, I do not suggest this
July 27, 2011
Coolio en force special.... Mouarfffff
½ July 24, 2011
Ah. Everything hurts so much.
March 26, 2011
saw half of it, the half I did looked pretty good. Gonna have to watch it again.
½ March 19, 2011
This is of course a terrible film but it is pretty funny.
½ February 18, 2011
Another dumb-as-they-come survival movie with extinct species making unlikely comebacks, only this one is actually somewhat entertaining. The special effects look terrible and the acting and writing is half-hearted at best, but you'd expect as much. Pterodactyl, however, is very aware of what it is. Naming characters after sci-fi writers is a cute move, and the ending - depending on how you look at it - may be the biggest facepalm or the biggest "this is how much we're not being serious"-moment in recent b-movie history.
½ February 1, 2011
"Hey, it IS a PTERODACTYL!! hes comin' right for us!!!!"
January 30, 2011
I hope this movie was intended to be a comedy. I gave it 1 star because I found it pretty funny.
December 20, 2010
WTF? I recorded this because I thought it would be terrible. Guess what; I was right!
December 20, 2010
horrifyingly bad acting, atrocious script writing, terrible camera shots. not one redeeming element to this tragic film.
½ November 28, 2010
Bad idea, bad execution, bad acting.

Great laughs.
August 4, 2010
I just started to watch this movie...and wooooooooow! worst 10 mins of my life so far. that im never getting back..Smoke machine is in use in almost all scences soo far.
and Coolio being the Main Actor is just depressing.

ROTTEN
:ROTTEN:
½ March 6, 2010
You'd think that Dinosaurs plus the Director of Commando would equal an extremely entertaining film which would redeem it of all its other bad qualities. Of course, I didn't know it was by the same guy, Mark L. Lester, until I looked up the film after watching it, and if like me you thought it should have been entertaining, you'd be wrong, dead wrong. What do I always complain about made for TV films like this, their poorly acted, the special effects aren't that good (I know the budget is smaller than most films, but if you're going to over-use a special effect, make sure it looks decent), the story is predictable, it's pretty much what I'm used to with garbage like this. It comes off as trying to be Carnosaur, which granted was a really bad film.
January 7, 2010
Cons: Poor acting, shoddy SFX, unintelligible script!
Pros: Mircea Monroe's fine self, Coolio as a badass Special Ops soldier!

Another Sci-Fi channel classic - more so as it features Pterodactyl piss!
½ December 28, 2009
Pterodactyls' pee + Coolio + bad acting + bad effects. Half star for the good intention to produce a movie.