Pulling Strings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulling Strings Reviews

July 9, 2016
Just looking at Jamie Camil was Good Enough for me. Eye Candyð???
May 30, 2016
Not even my crush on Jaime Camil could really save this one, though that's not to say it was unenjoyable... If you're looking for a romantic comedy with an attractive male lead interested in a woman who at least cares about more than just romance you won't be disappointed at least. Unfortunately everybody but the male lead comes across as pretty flat and emotionless, Rachael could have been interesting but everybody around her is so one dimensional it takes away from her.
Anyhow, I don't know, it's fairly run of the mill if not forgettable. If it had been more romantic or perhaps funnier, or you know what, just less cliche (re: single dad who can't raise a kid on his own without a 'woman's touch,' busy-business woman who can't see anything beyond business, gangster who is owed money, child who is totally content with whatever, hijinks from the bumbling friends, inevitable romance despite shady circumstances...etc), it might have actually shined.
November 22, 2015
Cute, funny, and Jaime Camil is very easy on the eyes!
August 3, 2015
Pulling Strings is a bad comedy film that tries too hard to show heart
½ July 6, 2015
Enjoyable movie, though predictable.
½ April 10, 2015
Nice romantic comedy :)
½ March 1, 2015
Standard rom-com fare, but I did appreciate the bilingual aspect.
September 1, 2014
Pulling Strings is a decent Mexican film that has a lot going for it but never maximizes on its full potential. Jamie Camil gives a great performance but the film never really grabs any heart strings or connects on any type of emotional level with the viewer. A shame as the potential for a great comedy or even a good romance was there.
August 13, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed. Being first generation Mexican American and bilingual, it made it easier to follow and understand cultural references. many funny and touching moments. Might have done better if there was better chemistry between the main characters, but otherwise the cat was great. Ending could have been better executed.
August 13, 2014
The movie is truly funnier if you are a fluent in Spanish and understand the Spanish slang terms.
July 31, 2014
Needed a stronger storyline.
½ July 20, 2014
I'd like to fine a polite and objective way to describe this....there's none.this movie sucked ass...tries too hard.achieves very little.
July 17, 2014
Saw it and loved the music
July 3, 2014
Despite what the critics say, this was an entertaining and funny movie. I can't believe the critics give a better rating to "THIS IS 40" or dumb films like that. This is way better!!! Good job Ybarra!
½ June 27, 2014
Jaime Camil siempre me ha caído bien y los papeles que ha hecho de Galán región 4 le salen muy bien, está muy bien acompañando por Omar Chaparro, esta comedia del Mariachi enamorado de la cónsul gringa esta honestamente divertida y predecible, justo como debe ser una comedia romántica que se precie de serlo.
½ May 31, 2014
good movie!! like it!! :)
½ May 2, 2014
Predictable but watchable. Alejandro, played by Mexican galán Jaime Camil, is turned down for a visa by a pretty diplomat and they are thrown together in various ways. Camil has a beautiful voice, which adds to the appeal of the mariachi scenes. He also is raising a daughter alone, like the comic hero of "Sin devoluciones". Not a great film, but an enjoyable comedy that doesn't tax the mind too much. Good supporting actors, though both Alejandro's sidekick and Rachel's mother overact a bit.
April 30, 2014
This was a great story with wonderful and colorful characters. This will appeal to fans of rom-coms looking for a little variety to mix things up.
April 22, 2014
Excellent! Loved the Spanish/English mix and the music.
½ April 14, 2014
A little dull here and there, it was ok I guess