Pulp Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulp Fiction Reviews

September 7, 2017
Quentin Tarantino's visionary neo-noir treat is sure to appeal to a broad array of film fans. With an explosive cast including John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, Uma Thurman, and Harvey Keitel it helped pave the way for underground films making it big. Tarantino weaves a differentiated timeline that proves that paying attention can be quite rewarding when it comes to the film experience. Full of vibrant characters and a thoughtful, funny, dare I say pulpy, screenplay that puts the dialogue on par with the plot. A must see film for anyone who truly revels in the art of movie making.
September 5, 2017
With a great story, characters and direction, Tarantino made a masterpiece.
September 3, 2017
Not surprised by the quality of tarentino's directing. People say this movie was awesome, and it was downright brilliant. Expertly crafted scenes with perfect performances from the entire cast. Samuel Steals the show here, amazing in every scene he is in. The humor is also brilliant as well, i would be able to quote this movie many times with the memorable saying this has to offer. The only minor complaint i have is the scene where Walken gives Willis the watch. This scene is small however, and is overshadowed by the overall brilliance this film has to offer. Must watch!
August 27, 2017
This Has A Lot Of Swearing And Graphic Violence.
August 26, 2017
Quentin is such a genius in story-telling. Totally love his idiosyncratic pitch-black humor. In his movie a man could live like a boss and then die in the next second in the dumbest way with no more shot spared for him. I am left dumbfounded but this feels super cool! Besides, every women in this movie is sooooooo charming considering their outstanding acting skill.
August 24, 2017
The yard stick for which all movies should be measured,could watch this over and over.
August 21, 2017
Stylish, furious, and chocked full of detail, Pulp Fiction is a fantastic film, and a testament to Quentin Tarantino's genius
August 18, 2017
One of the best movies of all time, Pulp Fiction is easily Tarantino's best film to date, although others have come close. I could go on and on, but this film doesn't need me to defend it. Simply put, Pulp Fiction is the best blend of the things Tarantino does best; intelligent dialogue, brutal violence, fast-paced action, dark humor, and non-linear storytelling.
August 14, 2017
Straight up hot steming trash
August 13, 2017
najbolji film svih vremena
August 11, 2017
So good, even on repeat viewing the film is brilliant in particular the first half with Vincent and Mia, the Walken cameo and the Cafe conclusion. So many great characters and lines that will live with you for a life-time. Yes the protracted scenes with Fabienne and Butch are toe-curling but apart from that this is pretty much flawless. One of the best films of the 20th Century and one that has probably over-shadowed the reminder of Tarantino's career.
½ August 4, 2017
One of the most quotable films of all time. And also one of the greatest. My favorite scene is in the car when they're discussing food and hash in Europe, it sounds like a conversation i'd have with one of my friends. A insanely clever and humorous neo-noir mix up.
½ August 2, 2017
Tarantino's trademark film, splashing of genius is a sublime work of bluff, guiding significantly major cinematic works of the following years - that is - in the privileging of style over substance (which is, if not problematic, the reason which keeps me from giving it the perfect rating). However, it's the most stylish, pulpy and sexy piece of bluff I've seen, an innovative movie taking its sources in Tarantino's fascinating culture. The cast is inventive, the storyline dazzling and the images make it a gem. 'Pulp Fiction' is the kind of movie containing 3 of them.
July 24, 2017
Greatest movie ever made. Completely flawless. tremendous acting and written to perfection. Through the chaotic story and the first of its kind done. Makes you appreciate great film. ð'¯ð'?ð'?
July 23, 2017
Amazing plus Awesome!!
½ July 21, 2017
Captures an essence only Tarantino could, even if his screenplay might get carried away at times. A cornerstone of modern cinema and pop culture.
July 21, 2017
Pulp Fiction é esporadicamente eficaz, na verdade uma antologia de histórias sobre diversão gangster e atitudes sangrentas. Tarantino torna um grande evento tudo o que faz um escritor talentoso cujo trabalho pode ser impressionante (geralmente não é). Mas, apesar de toda a atenção do mundo, ele levou nada a lugar nenhum, não merece toda essa veneração.
July 20, 2017
No sell to this one. Just watch it.
July 13, 2017
Combine snappy, witty dialogue with fantastic performances from pretty much every single actor in this gem and you have what I consider to be one of the greatest movies of the 1990's and quite possibly all time. Truly unforgettable and unmissable.
July 13, 2017
Revolutionary film that practically spawned the 1990s and 2000 era of storytelling. Not only reminded the stuffy movie industry not to take itself so seriously, but also combined absurdist comedy with crime drama, and deep literature with cheese.

In the year 1994, Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction was a trailblazing film, a fiercely independent and pulpy sponge of a motion picture that dared to be different in an industry dominated by clearly defined genre pictures. It's a film that's easy to take for granted now that we have so many postmodern art films of the new age that are conforming to the "unpredictable masterpiece" formula. The fact that Tarantino was underfinanced was God's gift to cinema-in the 1990s, by all logic, this movie should have been cleaned up and turned into a god awful Godfather knock-off or a campy Jim Carrey vehicle so that mainstream audiences could understand it. Pulp Fiction showed us, the audience starved for unpredictable plots, that mainstream movies didn't have to take themselves too seriously and yet they could still tell dramatic story arcs with cheekiness and a wink of self-awareness. Many people misunderstand Pulp Fiction...it's not a thoroughly original masterpiece. It owes much of its style to David Lynch and the Coen Brothers. What makes it amazing and the definitive 1990s films, is that it's a collage of movie genres that don't belong together, and yet are neatly packaged in a pulp noir collection that combines the best and worst fashion of every decade since the 1940s. In every single frame, it has an homage to another motion picture that preceded it. It was an underground comic book come to life and one that somehow snuck to mainstream attention with far too many famous faces to seem real. To me, Pulp Fiction was the celebration of independent filmmaking finally triumphing over studio-created schlock. Miramax backed it and ushered in the age of independent "hits." It was an uncompromised vision brought to the screen, which finally proved the artist more powerful than the studio suits. If Orson Welles had lived to see it, he would obsessively applauded by the end credits, ala his great scene in Citizen Kane.

What I Learned: Definitely helped with the postmodern dramedy format. I was relieved to see the world as Quentin saw it, as I wanted it to be, with an unpredictable narrative, and a very bawdy and audacious sense of humor-even when there were moments of silence. He really helped me to see that no matter what you write, it doesn't have to be dishonest, and yet it doesn't have to conform to set rules. He really helped the Independent Artist to reach a point where he could tell a story without compromising the vision.