Pulp Fiction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulp Fiction Reviews

April 20, 2017
Easily Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece. The dialogue and acting are genius. Love this movie
½ April 16, 2017
Probably the best screenwriting I have ever seen and ironically the most confusing/random.
April 13, 2017
One of the most quotable films of all time. And also one of the greatest. My favorite scene is in the car when they're discussing food and hash in Europe, it sounds like a conversation i'd have with one of my friends. A insanely clever and humorous neo-noir mix up.
½ April 10, 2017
All time classic with fantastic acting and a great story line
April 9, 2017
It's probably the most noticeable cult movie since these days. Tarantino's direction was perfect to make this unique movie. Just perfect.
April 8, 2017
The epitome of the genius of Tarantino's scripts.
½ April 7, 2017
Poor Vincent... but I liked Bruce Willis's episode most. All the songs from the first episode fascinate me, the rest of it as well. Now I understand why people keep talking about Mia & Vincent date scene. It does romantic.
April 5, 2017
Some of the best and most quotable dialogue in any film. When humor is used, it hits perfectly. When violence is necessary, it's glorious. By the end the stories blend together in a strange and very satisfying way, and leaves you wanting to know more about the remaining character's futures.
½ April 4, 2017
Going into this for the first time, I knew this would be a good movie and I would enjoy it. However, I had no idea that it would be this good. It practically blew me away.

This movie follows how 6 people's lives are all intertwined in an action packed tale of gun violence, drug-use, and murder.

What this film is most famous for is its twisted timeline which is never too confusing but also very impressive. When I first saw the beginning, I didn't think much of it and as the film progressed, I forgot about it. But when it comes back at the ending, I knew I was in for a treat. The movie has several of these surprises which will knock you out cold and they are made brilliant by its twisting plot. I was in awe when the credits first started to roll.

Also, this movie has an outstanding soundtrack which is actually pretty recognizable and iconic. It is also very well-done too. I honestly feel that it perfectly fits the movie. Like Jaws, when I think of this movie, the soundtrack which played during the end credits instantly plays in my head. It may not be as iconic as Jaws's music but it definitely is of equal quality.

Also, the acting couldn't be much better. In my opinion, John Travolta, Samuel Jackson, and Bruce Willis all gave perfect performances. They are all able to convey so many moods at once with their facial expressions and they couldn't do any better.

This movie also has very great repeat watchability to it. The first viewing of this masterpiece is unforgettable. But just like Fight Club, this movie gets better and better every time you watch it. Mainly because the fact that you know what's going to happen and that you know all of its surprises, makes several scenes even more engaging. Also, this movie has so many iconic lines and scenes. It's super rare for a film to have 2 iconic scenes but this movie has several of them which have been retold and parodied so many times in pop culture.

So in conclusion, this movie is in fact a masterpiece because of many reasons. It has changed cinema so much and it has shown the test of time for over 20 years. I think that this film is going to be remembered for many more decades also. I think that this is Tarantino's best film and I also think that it is one of the best movies ever made. I recommend this to everyone who enjoys action and complex plot structures to movies.
April 4, 2017
Not the best Tarantino and, in retrospect, quite racist. The bad guy is, evidently, a black drug dealer and gang mogul. Samuel L. Jackson again plays up a caricature of black gangster to the delight of white audiences. Rape is also invoked for a cheap laugh. I am disappointed, a shame.
½ April 3, 2017
great characters great stories great acting must watch
½ March 26, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Tonally, few films embody the vision of their respective creators as much as 'Pulp Fiction' does, but this thing just bleeds Tarantino through every single goddamn element. Yes for a start, it's an unsurprisingly bold and self-assured piece of film, but in the same breath it's also a whittingly self-aware one that has an awful lot of fun with itself. That kind of satyrical ego may well be Tarantino's staple, but for me that shines most strongly here as Pulp Fiction establishes its underlying confidence more than most of his other works. That comes from a combination of its genious narrative structure, the confidence of its themes and the work on its characters, but all in all it means that the film is then able to have further fun with itself because the foundations are so well laid. It does this throughout with its genious scenarios and whitt, and the result is a film that will have you grinning from ear-to-ear, yet hooked by the scruff of your neck at the same time.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: That overall confidence may well leave some a little uneasy, and even its greatest admirers can see that the whole thing loves itself just a little too much under the surface.
VERDICT: The very embodiment of Tarantino; 'Pulp Fiction' is sheer, unquestioning genious that enjoys taking one step back to mock its own self-confidence, even if that's still in the knowledge that it's very, very good indeed.
½ March 22, 2017
Amazing, acting and story was incredible.
March 20, 2017
Brilliant mish-mash of odd-ball characters brought to life by an ensemble cast on top form.
March 19, 2017
This is my favourite movie of all time and I think everyone should watch this movie.
½ March 13, 2017
4.5 stars. This film was a lot different than what I was expecting, and some things in the beginning were a little confusing, but everything came full circle by the end. The humor, violence, and just decisions characters made really surprised me. I can see why this film is loved so much now because it definitely is something else.
March 12, 2017
Classic Tarantino. Out of order, caricatures, humour, violent. That's Zed.
March 10, 2017
Full on Force of Nature
March 5, 2017
Perhaps the great American film.
March 5, 2017
A bit long and boring, mostly in the beginning.