Pulse: A Stomp Odyssey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pulse: A Stomp Odyssey Reviews

½ March 14, 2010
Not an anti-semitic movie, but it definitely stood out as a non-semitic movie. No trace of music from the Arab or Jewish world. The latter criticism seems quite odd in the face of the New Yorkness of the Stomp aesthetic- but alas, they're from Brighton. Even the Flamenco roots seemed cleansed. Don't get me wrong, there's some great music (highlight for me being the soulful sounds of the Moremogolo Tswana), but I don't think I'd ever pay money to see Stomp live or pay admission to this film (I have an annual Imax pass).

It's like Bobby McFerrin - great idea, but I'd rather see real folks do it for free on the streets of NYC or London (or *insert any metropolis here*) than at Opera House prices with a bunch of upper middle class twats doing their token cultural experience for the year. At the same time, at least there's this to cater to folks who would otherwise think the extent of culture is Andrew Lloyd Webber - so I'm grateful for that. But anyone with their finger on the real "pulse" knows they can access any of this music in more authentic ways.
March 8, 2010
It was pretty good but there was no narration, and no story. It was just one loooong song!
September 13, 2009
wow the best music movie
May 25, 2008
My son and I went to see this movie at the IMAX theatre in Fair Park. We really enjoyed the music and he sat still through the whole movie...good for a 3year old. The different styles of percussion instruments and rythms make this a great movie for music lovers.
½ May 11, 2008
Love Stomp

So inspiring and the beats are so nice
April 18, 2008
That might be the worst subtitle ever.
March 16, 2008
Enjoyable, Fun music and dancing.
February 7, 2008
So great seeing all the different percussions from around the world. Highly recommend this adventure.
January 20, 2008
October 24, 2007
the best IMAX film ever. i definitely want to buy this on DVD.
September 27, 2007
If like percussions from around the world, this is the one. The Stomp guys go to Brazil, Korea, Spain, India, Africa, among others, to find out the ways different cultures use percussion instruments.
½ September 19, 2007
Shows connectivity of music and strong rhythms across cultures, fine for watching or background conversation piece
September 7, 2007
I love Stomp! Saw them live years ago & would love to again some time...
½ August 22, 2007
mmmmmboy! fingerlickn good. great music, some beautiful landscapes. i like how there isn't any talking.

there are a couple of sequences that really make you feel that we are all one people, all around the world, and with what we have in common, we can [i]be[/i] one people...we all smile, we all drum, we all dance. it felt good.
½ August 12, 2007
This is kinda cool!!!
August 1, 2007
loved it it was scarey
June 22, 2007
Saw this in Imax like 3 times and now I own it. It's amazing and I never get sick of it.
Amazing music, too =]
½ June 13, 2007
Amazngliy well done and great music through out the flim!
June 8, 2007
I saw it at the Imax theatre my senior of high school while I was running away from prom. I promptly bought the soundtrack... and I hope I can buy the movie one day... oh, and audition in New York. I thought this was a great little musical documentary on percussive music in different continents of the world.
June 7, 2007
Amazing. I got to see it at an OmniMax. I'm trying to find a dvd of it but all i could find was a soundtrack which doesn't do much unless you get to see it.