Octane (Pulse) Reviews

• Mar 03, 2014

Sometimes called Octane or Pulse for some reason, neither of the titles fit this movie one bit. You would expect something interesting and thrilling with either of those titles, instead you get a bumbling slow moving plot which is boring and never interesting. A mother and daughter are driving around and pick up a young woman hitchhiker. Eventually, the daughter gets abducted by a cult and the mother tries to get her back. Also stars Norman Reedus as the tow truck driver who enlists help to get her daughter back. Not worth watching.

• Dec 18, 2013

And what did I just watched...? Anyone?

And what did I just watched...? Anyone?

• Oct 23, 2013

Just kind of weird.....

Just kind of weird.....

• Jan 22, 2013

I don't know what weird David Lynchian film I ended up watching, but it was immensely terrible. Horrible characters, story, directing. It's an art film masquerading as a thriller, but this art is dime store kitsch. I will say that the only scene worthwhile was Mischa Barton getting a navel piercing.

• Dec 01, 2012

omg i luv this movie... the guy is so cute the one that killed the girls father... yal shuld c it... omg its lk the best thing... but there is sorta lk a lot of blood in this movie... <333

• Nov 09, 2012

All in all this is rather dull. Mum tries to rescue her abducted daughter from a blood drinking murdering cult. I get the idea it was supposed to be cool and trendy but, as I've already said, it ended up being rather dull

• Nov 04, 2012

Grade: E This is a pretty awful low budget film; watching this really was a waste of my time. The film is about a mother (Madeleine Stowe) and daughter (Mischa Barton) who are on a long car journey back home. During an argument, the daughter runs away and is lurred away by a vampire like cult obsessed with blood and running people over. Gosh this film makes Twilight look pretty tame. In desperation the mother tries everything to save her daughter. This film is just a paranoid and bleak mess; it was far to strange, dark and menacing for my liking. It's just another low budget horror film with a weak under developed story. It's one of those films where its creepiness just puts you off; I hated the music too, it was overy creepy and annoying. I found the film a bit dull; most of the time the mom is going frantic looking for her daughter and chasing the RV van. I didn't think that there were any major plot developments; it went at the same pace. On a more positive note I though Madeleine Stowe was really good as the mom and gave a good performance and Mischa Barton wasn't too bad, but otherwise the performances weren't that memorable. It's definitely not a film I'd ever want to watch again or would recommend. Some of the parts were far too gory, disgusting and went too far, the nastiest past has to be when the leader of the cult bites off this dude's tongue. Pretty nasty stuff. This is kind of a terrible film, I only watched it because I happened to stumble across this film on bbc iplayer. I decided to watch it because it was a boring Sunday afternoon and I had nothing better to do. Wouldn't recommend this at all.

• Aug 01, 2012

01.08.2012: Started out promising, but gradually turned into something else. It`s like it is missing a whole third act.

• Mar 06, 2012

weeeeiiird movie with psycho people, and Norman is amazing and hot.

weeeeiiird movie with psycho people, and Norman is amazing and hot.

• Dec 19, 2011

Oh, a Mischance classic. Had to see it as I was a fan. Creepy movie with some familiar faces. Might stomach it once, but I've had my fill.