Punk: attitude - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Punk: attitude Reviews

September 10, 2009
Interesting. Enjoied the bits with Henry Rollins the most.
March 21, 2009
This would have been 5 stars, if they hadn't ended the documentary by talking about shit bands like Limp Bizkit. I don't know why they found that necessary. But other than that, this is great.
March 3, 2009
great history of punk rock
½ February 25, 2009
Very good documentary. Flowed well, and it was interesting!
February 21, 2009
I don't care for punk
January 23, 2009
One of my favorite docs ever.
January 15, 2009
Awesome documentary.
December 1, 2008
I liked this movie, but I'm really into punk & especially some of the bands in this film. fyi
October 12, 2008
Pretty thorough and kind of longish but follows the ripped thread of music known as punk from the proto-50's to the commercialized 90s. Dedicated to Joe Strummer.
½ August 30, 2008
decent doc but i wish it would have focused on hardcore more
½ August 5, 2008
Required viewing for aspiring musicians, fans... and for those of us who were there.
½ August 4, 2008
Good but I can't remember any of it.
June 7, 2008
so far, the best documentary I've seen about the rise of punk in the Seventies. david johansen's footage is memorable, if only for his nail polish. this film will make you yearn for the days when you actually did make friends because you were the only kids in bumfuck wherever who liked iggy or the dolls or glam.
½ June 7, 2008
Excellent docu sur les debuts du punk! Ca claque!
½ May 25, 2008
Lots of fun to watch, and really informative.
May 19, 2008
Very insightful! Definitely worth watching if you like history of music.
May 13, 2008
Gives a nice timeline of the "Punk" scene. Great insight into the ideals and desires of the musicians who wanted to simplify structure, remove politics and simply "rock."
April 17, 2008
I have to say that in the first 10 minutes of this documentary I knew I was going to like it because they said something that I thought I was alone in saying "50's rock is Punk Rock". Furthermore they even say that "The Hippies were more punk than us". So the fact that they actually acknowledge those earlier movements. They covered the most on both the States and the European versions and while they start to touch into Hardcore... it's not like say "American Hardcore" but more like the cliff's notes version of "American Hardcore". If you like punk or want to know about the history (and the common misconceptions) then check this up.

Henry Rollins wins for the best quote in it:
"now you see things where people like me are like 'back in my day we would have blown that shit up' and they're going 'shut up grandpa' and i go "oooooh ok'"
March 18, 2008
Wicked old footage of some of my favourite punk bands including The Clash, The Ramones, and MC5. Kick out the Jams.
February 28, 2008
it's so awsome I can't beleve it's so awsome