Punk's Not Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Punk's Not Dead Reviews

February 22, 2013
When guitars and drums weren't replaced by machines and synthetic beats. When lyrics had more emotion, realism and good messages instead of just promoting hedonism and other negative influences. When artists could compose whatever they wanted instead of conforming to 'mainstream' stuff. Watch if you still appreciate real music. Otherwise, kick yourselves back to the club and bleed your ears to your own bad taste!!!

From a techno-hater and rock-god worshipper
October 13, 2012
overall the best punk documentary in my opinion
August 3, 2012
Brill I love it an totally agree with most the young punks when they say quite rightly Good Chalotte an bloody sum 41 are so not punk! its great to see that new young bands are around too to real punk bands not just commercial copies, with a pop sound
July 4, 2012
(Watched Wed 23 May 2012) Yet another punk documentary that deifies the British bands we've all heard about (yeah yeah Clash Sex Pistols whatever) and completely glosses over the US (and even UK) punk underground. And when it does turn stateside it treats the likes of Rancid (I mean, really?) with far more reverence than they ever deserve. Try American Hardcore for the real story.
May 15, 2012
Long Live Punk Rock. This is a great overview what it's all about and what happened to it. I liked all the bands shown in this film except Social Distorion (I don't think they were signifcant to this film they aren't really punks). Great movie I expect to see more like these.
January 16, 2012
as a documentaries this movie is outstanding i'm a huge fan of the genre and this movie does justice that punk isn't dead its just getting started and there are a lot of punk icons that are interview in this movie so if your looking for a movie to watch then try this one.
October 2, 2011
A lot of interesting history but it touches upon questions, topics and even some bands to briefly for a historical account of 'the genre'. Then again, how long would that have to be! Interesting special features particularly about early iconic venues.
July 20, 2011
I had a blast watching this doc. If you've ever argued about whether or not any post-punk bands are truly punk, you should check this out. One glaring oversight: no mention of The Misfits.
May 29, 2011
Awesome, finally saw it
May 28, 2011
Covers a lot that was missed by American Hardcore.
August 26, 2010
Rather than questioning "Who's the godfather of punk, is it The Ramones or Sex Pistols?" (who fucking care anyway?), this documentary offers a keen analysis of sociopolitical and contradictions issues within the punk community itself. A neatly narratorless film about the enduring lifestyle of basement shows, crust-punk houses, and aging rebels than the music and the history of punk itself. It surely makes UK/DK looks like an boring episode of Sesame Street. Never mind the bollocks - here's punk rock! Recommend!
Yea This Movie Rocks Has All Punk Sach As GREEN DAY My Favit Band Of All Times
August 26, 2010
I want to buy it at Hot Topic...
ehh. . . . no thanks
½ August 26, 2010
La première partie qui décrit la genèse du punk aux USA est très intéressante mais la suite, qui est une sorte de témoignage avec qq expériences personnelles est plus anecdotique. Mitigé donc ...
Sssssoooooo awsome!!!!!!!!
August 26, 2010
green day sucks but the rest are awsome
August 26, 2010
A well constructed doc of the state of punk then and now.
August 26, 2010
woooooo green day....wooooo ramones....wooo bad religion!!!
really good