Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge Reviews

½ August 26, 2016
The biggest budgeted of any of the Puppet Master films is probably the best. Based on a story idea by producer and series creator Charles Band, the story here takes place in World War II Germany, the puppeteer behind the living puppets attracts the attention of Nazi German high command, who want to use the puppets for the war effort. Besides some better production values, including shooting on the Universal backlot, there are actually a couple actors you've heard of in the is film. Not big stars, but you do have Richard Lynch and Michelle Bauer. This film also introduces the cool looking six-armed cowboy puppet, six shooter. Nothing brilliant, but a pretty fun time. Directed by the prolific David DeCoteau and music by the underrated Richard Band.
June 12, 2016
I Love This Film But I Hated The Russian Army & Soldiers
½ May 18, 2016
Prequel takes us back to WWII where Toulon is pursued by Nazis for his life-giving animation secrets for use in creating a zombie army for the Germans. We welcome back the legendary Richard Lynch to the Full Moon fold playing another villian.
January 22, 2016
Forget it so need to rewatch
June 2, 2015
I love the Puppet Master Franchise (except for Axis Rising...), and I think Full Moon did a fantastic job on this film! Puppet Master 3 is by far my favorite movie in the series!
½ April 1, 2015
The novelty wore off but I do like these puppets.
November 12, 2014
Surprisingly decent. The plot is fun, and filled with interesting ideas. 56/100
September 9, 2014
It's like the director of this read my reviews of the first two movies and knew exactly what changes to make. Taking it back to 1941 Germany, this is an origins story for Toulon (Guy Rolfe), and how he was hunted by the Nazis for the elixir that brings his puppets to life. This is a big step up from the first two movies, and it is because there is an actual story featured here. The previous films consist of wandering around a hotel until the majority of the cast gets killed by puppets at the end, while here, you actually have plot development and characters that move the story along. Also, as we have all learned from Indiana Jones, Nazis make for better villains, and this movie has a full blown case of the Nazis. Unlike most prequels, the backstory of Toulon and how all these puppets came to be is way more interesting than any of the previous stories. The only confusing bit is the title itself (minor spoilers for Puppet Master II, I guess (like you care)); given the way that the second movie ends and the way this movie is titled, you would think that this would be a sequel instead of a prequel, as you assume that Toulon would be seeking vengeance on the puppets that wronged him in the second movie. I wholly believe that the only reason why they titled the movie the way that they did is because the word "revenge" sounds cool; there is light retaliation at the very most. All of the stuff that works in the first movie is present, and this featured the return of the lady leech puppet which still tickles my gag reflex whenever she's shown doing her thing. Although there is a noticeable lull between the second and third acts, so much about this gels together better than anything this series has brought to the table, and that is all because there is so much less filler than there was previously. One thing that I couldn't determine was if the breathy sound effects the puppets are continuously making were creepy or funny, so while I didn't know what to make out of them, they definitely kept me engaged. Puppet Master III is one of those rare instances where the third movie is significantly better than the first two... of course, being the best Puppet Master may be the equivalent to being the tallest midget, but that is neither here nor there.
September 9, 2014
Surpasses the Original with a better script and actors that can actually act!
½ August 26, 2014
Best of the Puppet Master movies Highly recommended
June 22, 2014
I did enjoy this movie but it gets a bit cheesy, I just thought that this movie could had been improved more.
½ June 13, 2014
A great improvement from the boring number 2
June 12, 2014
Another great puppet master movie. I loved the setting and how it gave you the origins of it all. This seems to be a fan favorite and I can see why. It was so cool seeing blade at the end and the new puppet in this "Six-Shooter" is awesome. It's a great revenge movie. It's kinda like Inglorious B******s with the puppets. It's a lot of fun.
March 14, 2014
Probably the best in the series (of the five I have seen anyway), this film takes us back to the origin of Toulon's puppets during the Nazi occupation of Europe. A dark revenge fantasy, Toulon's Revenge turns the puppets into the "good guys" or at least antiheroes who help Toulon exact revenge on the Nazis who killed his wife. More intelligent and heartfelt than the other films (and really than anything else Full Moon has ever released) Puppet Master III is a must-watch for cult horror fans even if you never watch the other films.
January 9, 2014
I had all puppet master movies, and now I cant find them, Very sad right now.
½ October 19, 2013
Though it is inaccurate with the timeline and the acting is no better. It still proves better then the first two and has more action involved. Plus the new plot where the puppets are good seem to make it more fun for the audience when the puppets go on a killing spree.
September 29, 2013
For the third time I went into a Puppet Master movie thinking this could be an interesting concept for a movie and for the third time I was disappointed. This movie perhaps is a little better than the first two in that it really focuses on the "scientific" origin of the puppets' powers. Set it Nazi Germany, that only should add to the evil feeling of the movie, but for me it never takes off. I believe this time setting is somewhat off in the chronology of the previous film, but frankly this movie can't be taken seriously enough to care.The one commendable part of the movie goes to Richard Band for composing the creepy carnival like theme song. I can't figure out why these movies don't do it for me. Maybe it's because the puppets don't talk? I find the wisecracking slasher villain is more entertaining. Freddy Krueger is more fun to watch (in his later movies anyway) than Jason and Mike Meyers who silently maim their victims. If you want a slasher film with a puppet that comes to life and kills people go with the Child's Play movies. There again, Chucky is quite the comedian. For now I guess I'll let some time go by, and go into "Puppet Master 4" (1993) with similar hopes of improvement. I'm a completionist and there are a lot of these films. It's going to be a long road.
September 17, 2013
Coming off of the disappointing Puppet Master 2, I was pleasantly surprised by this sequel, which I consider to be the best in the long-lived series.
September 6, 2013
Best in the series without competition. You've got killer puppets pitting off against asshole nazis in a battle of not good vs bad, but bad vs worse. Plus, its gory with a signficiant bodycount and a healthy budget. I recommend watching this one with a group of friends because it is such a fun and sickly enjoyable little crowd pleaser. We're talk'n the ultimate revenge tale that never gets bogged down by story or logic. Nevermind the ambitiously vibrant setting of Nazi occupied Paris circa WW2. Granted I'm not a history buff, but I am a horror buff, and let's just say that there are more than enough casualties in this war to satisfy even the hungriest of gore hounds.
June 24, 2013
A bland movie. the most annoying part of the franchise is how they constantly seem to re-write the history of Andre Toulon, never more so than in this movie that is set in Nazi Germany. But my biggest complaint about this movie is the origin story of Blade, it makes no sense, Toulon is going to turn a hated enemy into a puppet after confessing in the movie that he only makes his friends into immortal puppets, that makes no sense and then when that falls apart he turns a surprising ally he had known for less than a day into his most recognizable puppet.