Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge Reviews

June 24, 2013
A bland movie. the most annoying part of the franchise is how they constantly seem to re-write the history of Andre Toulon, never more so than in this movie that is set in Nazi Germany. But my biggest complaint about this movie is the origin story of Blade, it makes no sense, Toulon is going to turn a hated enemy into a puppet after confessing in the movie that he only makes his friends into immortal puppets, that makes no sense and then when that falls apart he turns a surprising ally he had known for less than a day into his most recognizable puppet.
½ April 7, 2013
These films were so stupid. I'd love to see them again with the right audience.
March 7, 2013
Torch was my favorite puppet.
January 22, 2013
By far the BEST film in the series. Guy Rolfe does a great job as Andre Toulon and the puppets are just as enjoyable as they were before. Plus, it's interesting to see the origins of Leech Woman and Blade.
January 13, 2013
The whole series is fun but this one just blows all the others out of the water. Great movie.
½ January 12, 2013
Best one of the series so far as it actually shows how and why he makes the puppets. A pretty good cast too.
November 15, 2012
An improvement over 1 and 2, but still just quite average.
½ October 27, 2012
Prequel shows Toulon using his puppets against the Nazis after they kill his wife while trying to secure his secret to reanimate dead soldiers to fight on the Eastern Front. Gruesome ending. Liked seeing Toulon make puppets from people he knew.
October 22, 2012
This is a great prequel to the original film, and by far, the most polished entry of the series. It's still wacky and nonsensical, but the puppets are awesome, the story is interesting, the kills are awesome, and it still has some humor to go around. If you like cheesy horror films, you'll have fun with this one.
½ October 15, 2012
The best any series of killer toys/dolls/puppets. Sure the continuity of it is pretty bad, but the story, acting, and direction is well done for its budget. The puppets in this one are just as interesting, I mean come on a cowboy with six arms and a gun for each hand is just awesome and the fact that he can climb walls is brilliant. The stop-motion is always fun to look at. Toulon takes on some truly evil Nazis and gets revenge, so you actually feel for the characters this time around instead of the puppets. Check it out for an entertaining movie about killer puppets.
July 18, 2012
Any redeeming qualities you could dig deep for on the first two movies are completely lacking in this low-budget, dull entry. Even including Nazis as part of the plot don't liven it up one bit.
½ July 9, 2012
By far the best of the series, Guy Rolfe adds a believable interaction with his creations to elevate the seriesbeyond its mediocre predecessors.
July 9, 2012
In my opinion the best entry in the series. Guy Rolfe is fantastic and six shooter is a great addition to the puppets.
July 5, 2012
Third film and this time the puppets are up against the Nazi's as we go back into the past in what appears to be a prequel. There is one big problem though and that's the fact Mr Band has screwed up the franchises continuity already by setting this film in 1941 when 'Toulon' died in 1939 according to the original film, oh dear.

OK so we over look that little itchy problem and focus on the film. To be fair this film is much more enjoyable than the first two, we watch and learn how the puppets assist 'Toulon', how and why he creates his 'Leech Woman' puppet and we see what happens to his wife...ergo a prequel.

Again there isn't much blood n gore on show for a horror film but the puppets are quite active in this one which is good plus we get introduced to 'Six Shooter' who is by far one of the better puppets. 'Six Shooter' kills one Nazi trooper with his quick draw six shot fire and it actually looks pretty cool, some well done squib effects there.

Band also reuses some cast from his early films, as he always does, Richard Lynch of 'Trancers II' for this film.

Like the other two films you don't expect decent effects or acting or horror really but the quirky stop motion dolls accompanied by the ever present haunting score all add to the charm. This film also benefits from some reasonable production by the looks of things, a step up the ladder for location and atmosphere.
½ May 26, 2012
Probably the most interesting story in the Puppet Master series yet. There's a decent amount of character development, and a good bit of puppet action. Some parts are a bit slow, but it's still a rather entertaining low budget flick.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ May 20, 2012
Third entry in the Puppet Master series is a terrible waste of time. The idea for the film is interesting, but the film feels too low budget because after all, this series was always a straight to DVD series. The film is poorly made, with a bad script, bad acting and bad directing. There isn't really anything redeeming about this film, except you feel that there is something that could've been done better due to its concept. However that's not to be. The only remotely good Puppet Master film is the first one, and I really don't know why they kept on making sequels to the first. Really by this third entry you can see the filmmakers were struggling to find an angle on what could work for a story, a story that could have been interesting, but it fails due to the lack of talent involved. The Puppet master series lacks anything truly interesting, and his third entry is very bad and is not worth watching if you've seen the first two. This is one sequel to avoid and not bother with. There is nothing really good here and the film is lazy filmmaking even by straight to DVD standards. The film is awful, and I can't recommend any horror fan watching this mess. The ideas for the film fall apart really fast, and there is absolutely nothing salvageable about this third tiresome entry. Skip it. Though very bad, the film did have some potential, but is clearly wasted here. Not a film worth watching. Your time would be better doing something else.
March 31, 2012
And here we come to what I consider the end of the first trilogy of films in the series. Fortunately, the trilogy goes out on a high note. Puppet Master 3: Toulon's Revenge is actually the best sequel, in my opinion. The story is much better and more complete than the those previously seen, even in the original film. For once we're not dealing with ghosts or paranormal activities. We're dealing wtih real people, most of whom are the real monsters: Nazis. The film plays on the sympathies of the puppets and Toulon more prevalently than before. It also contains the most prestigous cast of any of the films in the series. Guy Rolfe takes over beautifully as Toulon, but there's also Ian Abercrombie, Walter Gotell, Sarah Douglas, and the absolutely riveting Richard Lynch. This is actually my favorite film in the series, to be quiet honest. For fans it sort of goes against what came before it, particularly with the characterization of Toulon, but it's the most well-made film. I wonder if they can keep this kind of quality up in the following sequels? I guess we'll soon see.
½ March 28, 2012
78%

"Toulon is an enemy to the riech and the new world order."-Major Kraus (Richard Lynch)

This preqeul should have been the orignal Puppet Master. The best in the series.
February 22, 2012
I had a hell of a time getting into this film and it never really did grab me properly... I think the context and setting of the film were way off for me as WWII type scenarios I find to be very uninteresting! Aside from that the characters and plot had little to be desired and for me the two predecessors definitely outshine this third instalment!