Puppet Master: Axis of Evil Reviews

• Apr 15, 2020

While not much happened til the climax it was still a decent movie with likable leads and Puppets killing Nazis

• Apr 06, 2020

I only seen this movie once and once is enough. More Natzi's and the puppets side with the good side yet again. I remembered a saying the other day "Things are not as good as you remember them", that for this movie poor acting. nobody actors. Poor story not much to say besides don't waste your time with these movies sorry Puppet Master 1/2 star.

• Jan 02, 2019

Even worse acting than we've seen yet. It is painful to watch these.

Even worse acting than we've seen yet. It is painful to watch these.

• Aug 28, 2016

Andre Toulan's sentient and deadly puppets help a young man fight a German/Japanese conspiracy that's unfolding in WWII San Francisco Chinatown. I really liked the look of this film with the period Chinatown setting. Like most Puppet Master films, there isn't a huge budget, but the neon lit Chinatown looks really cool, even if that may not have been all that historically accurate. Directed by series regular David DeCoteau, I think DeCoteau get's a lot of the credit for this film's slick look. The film is also greatly helped by featuring the little puppets a great dead, rather than spending too much time on the people, because really, we just want to see the little deadly puppets in action. Probably the best entry in the series since number three.

• Nov 29, 2014

Seen it now loved it a great film.

Seen it now loved it a great film.

• Nov 12, 2014

How disappointing can this get?? The 6th one only worked with bad F/X because the spotlight was on people, but this crappy movie tries to show off its awful F/X like a child bringing a chewed up action figure in for show and tell. That's pretty much what this movie is, I mean Retro PM was better! 16/100

• Sep 17, 2014

I think it goes without saying, but I don't think this series needed to last this long. So when the puppets are recovered by a young man (Levi Fiehler) moments after Toulon pulled the trigger, he inherits the position of puppet master. He also has dreams of joining the war effort, but cannot do so due to an injury, but the war might just come to him... The biggest thing I have difficulty believing is the year this was released in: 2010. That's this decade. There have been so many developments in technology, and this still looks like it was shot maybe a year after the original. For one thing, they are still recycling footage from previous movies; honestly, I thought I had accidentally queued up Puppet Master 1 by mistake, because it literally uses the same exact opening sequence, like Puppet Master 8 wasn't brazen enough (it's hard to tell your movies apart when they feature so much of your other movies in them). There's really not a whole lot to be said about these films that I haven't already stated previously. The most memorable thing about this is that this features a Japanese woman who is Shatnering all over the place, which is at least unintentionally entertaining. I feel like with this series, the latest movie keeps one-upping the previous one with how bad the acting is, and I think 7-9 were made to make you look back on 6 with fondness. On top of it all, this has a very awkward sense of humor, and it does a number of racial things that really don't feel cool given the year this was released in. I feel like I keep coming back to this, but what do you want to see from a movie about killer puppets? Maybe to have them actually kill things? The first puppet death in this movie is 65 minutes in, and as per usual with this series, it saves everything you're interested in seeing for the last 15 minutes. Why is it so impossible not to just go hog wild and have these puppets go on a killing spree? Introduce a cast of 15 in the first 20 minutes, and then spend the rest of the movie having the puppets systematically eliminating them, it's what all the fans want. I honestly believe I could make a better Puppet Master movie than these later sequels, it doesn't seem that complicated.

• Jul 25, 2014

Just terrible. Nothing being offered to the table. Even the puppets are underwhelming.

• Apr 09, 2014

With a bigger budget, this 9th Puppet Master film returns to the WWII origin of the Toulan puppets. Not a great film by any means, Axis of Evil manages to be an enjoyable B-movie with plenty of gore and weirdness.

• Nov 03, 2013

I liked puppet master as a kid and have seen all of them. Didnt like all of them because i felt the sequels were not needed at all. All i have to say about puppet master axis of evil is that its the worst puppet master movie ever made.