Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

acabé con los puppets
½ August 19, 2015
Nope!!! PEOPLE PLEASE STOPPPPPPP
March 12, 2015
I am done with the puppets.
November 15, 2013
Why puppet master, why
½ June 21, 2013
I don't understand why the dude has to shit all over these movies. Let me read one of your scripts and then well see if your qualified to judge a movie. Everyone I know enjoys these movies. Compared to movies out today there is no contest.
½ April 23, 2013
Boring. With an idea like this why not go all out? The phrase 'rumble in the toybox' sounds more exciting than it is.
½ January 16, 2013
This is painstakingly awful. The special effects are horrifying (And not in the intended context), sound effects are of 'Troll 2' proportions and the set/costume designers vouch in first place for such careless indecent efforts.

I couldn't make it past the venture that was Corey Feldman's unforgettably poor, cringe-inducing garbage reeking performance. This one can go to the dogs. Infact I believe it already has.
November 19, 2012
Feels like the made for cable jumble it is.
November 9, 2012
totaly stupid and fun cross over of two bad horror franchises .with all the budget and art directicon on new adventures of superman but some how it works . i can only recommended thus on so bad its good but it knows that and dosnt take it self seriously pluss kory felman
½ October 27, 2012
Pretty embarrassing half serious effort on the part of the Sci-Fi Channel that will come off as a joke to fans of the early Puppet Masters. Obviously these franchises are best left in the hands of Charles Band and Full Moon.
July 14, 2012
The first and only film which has nothing to do with Charles Band! thusly it has been said to not be cannon within the franchise.

You can see the difference with this film straight away with the production values clearly a lot higher. There is an obvious glossy shine to this which is well above the usual low budget look. This doesn't mean its any good though, sure its not a bad film and it is better than some of the earlier Band films but there is nothing special here.

Corey Feldman is the great grand nephew of 'Toulon' ('Robert Toulon') in this which is a neat bit of casting but why on earth they dyed his hair greyish and introduced a daughter that's clearly the same age as him I don't know. I realise this isn't a serious film but but at least be somewhat sensible.

Vanessa Angel is the villain who is after the secret of 'Toulon' and the puppets which serve his great grand nephew. She also has to please a demon called 'Bael' who she has made a deal with to make all toys come to life and be evil in exchange for 'Robert Toulon's' life and soul. Oh and she has the Demonic Toys on her side also.

The plot is quite well thought out and does cover a lot more which I can't be bothered to mention here, but it does of course conflict with the Puppet Master franchise from Band I believe.

Its not bloody or gory and of course not very scary, more an off the wall 'Tales from the Crypt' type film. Some reasonable effects and makeup but nothing outstanding and some fun colourful puppet vs toys battles which look cheesy, all part of the charm. One thing I noticed and that was the puppets of 'Puppet Master' didn't look quite as good as usual. Clearly a minor difference in quality seeing as this wasn't anything to do with Band so the puppets weren't the originals or made by the same people. The Demonic Toys looked pretty good though.
½ June 1, 2012
Very silly and corny, it felt like much of it might of been intended. Most the jokes are pretty juvenile while the rest of if is likely meant to be funny. The film felt like a little kid's movie but with adult themes. The puppets and toys themselves didn't look like they did in the Full Moon films, nor did they interact with each other enough. The plot is stupid and the characters are extremely corny. Overall, one can enjoy as long as they don't look at it seriously.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ May 20, 2012
A crossover made TV film with the Puppetmaster characters and Demonic Toys might be a somewhat bizarre, yet interesting affair if it would have been done right. However, like with every other sequel in this mess of a series, Puppetmaster VS Demonic Toys is one of the most awful films in horror. I've seen a lot of films, but this one is bad, stupid with poor ideas on-screen. This might have worked if there would have been an interesting angle on the subject, unfortunately this feels like the scriptwriters just didn't care about the end result, and it clearly shows on-screen. Everything about the film suffers, from the cast, to the story to the directing, everything is poorly done and this film ends up like every other sequel in the series, an awful mess that isn't worth watching. The poorly written script is one of many bad things going wrong for this film. I hated the film, thought it was a waste of time. As a horror film, it fails, if this is supposed to be funny, sort of like a comedy horror film, well it isn't. I found it appalling at how bad this film was. The film should never have been made and there's nothing to enjoy about the film. There was potential in the film, and if they would have done it in the series early years, when the sequels weren't as bad as they became in subsequent years, then maybe this film would have turned out good. Unfortunately this is yet a film that misses the mark, and isn't worth watching.
½ April 18, 2012
More puppets less people.
It could have been better.
½ March 25, 2012
Full Moon's bread winning series came together for this rather bizarre set of events. The biggest disappointment for me was the actual appearance of the Puppets, they looked really off compared to the old days. Overall though the film was moderately entertaining and the perfect "so bad its good" kind of film that can perk up a saturday night!
February 6, 2012
I shouldn't even be mentioning this one, because it's not even a real puppet master movie. Basically, the puppet fight against the demonic toys, another full moon franchise. The puppets in this movie look nothing like their supposed to. Blade's face looks strange, pinhead's jacket is bright red, and his head is too big, jester always smiles and has an orange hat, and six shooter looks like melted cheese.
November 23, 2011
i didn't care for this film. loved the denomic toys films. they were great. still love the puppet master films, but this movie was just not great
½ November 20, 2011
When Robert Toulon finds a way to reanimate the puppets, he soon discovers that there are other people that will stop at nothing to gain his secret.

OK, so this not recognized as an official part of the Puppet Master franchise as it was not made by Full Moon. But it still has some of the puppets in, so I thought it would be worth a review. As a movie, this is not the greatest, but is marginally better than a couple of the previous entries. All the horrific elements have all but disappeared and the movie now reminds me more of tongue in cheek, kids Xmas Troma movie. The storyline is very cheesy, and the actors ham it up to the max. The puppets really dont have a lot to do until the end, and it is all over too quickly. All in all , as a standalone movie this is a bit of harmless trash, but all ties to any of the 'Puppet Master' univers have been severed and this entry writes all it's own history.
July 13, 2011
watched the first 10 minutes, I'm never going to get those 10 minutes back...
½ June 11, 2011
This is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.The acting was horrible and nothing made any sense at all!The demonic toys weren't demonic and definitely not strong or scary.The demon of this movie was rather funny than scary and the actors were just bad!I wish I had never seen this movie.Two hours of my life got lost for nothing!