Pups - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pups Reviews

½ January 2, 2015
Hyperkinetic, perceptive though derivative examination of contemporary youth violence and American gun culture.
July 25, 2011
It's nice to see Mischa Barton flourish but this puppy version of a bank robbery is hardly a psycho thriller. The screaming was much, but there's Mischa!
May 17, 2011
Cool watching kids rob a bank, but I didn't feel there was a point to it.
February 17, 2011
The most underrated movie of all time.
January 15, 2011
watched it on the movie network a few times when it first came out.
very intense movie
February 2, 2010
the best ever!!!!!!!
Pups !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ January 24, 2010
Puppy Day Afternoon! Pretty intense.
ElCochran90
September 14, 2009
Puppy Day Afternoon in its most amateurish version possible. A very powerful story, but awfully developed and not realistic at all.

42/100
½ July 22, 2009
'Pups' is about very emotive subjects (gun crime and gun ownership in the US, the loss of innocence and nihilism of younger generations) that manages raise them without ever turning to didacticism.

It is the sort of film Michael Moore wishes he had the intelligence to produce. It is political without wearing a badge on its sleeve, rather than spending the entire film hammering home an anti-gun message it treats us as adults.

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about because the political message is of secondary importance. Foremost this film is a very very dark comedy that is playful with convention and whilst not perfect (it lacks pace at points, Rockie can be annoying) it is beautifully crafted and well worth anyone's time.
½ February 4, 2009
I remember seeing this on TV a long time ago. The ending was very sad. Good movie.
½ September 21, 2008
pretty good but sad. I't like Bonnie and Clyde but children.
September 17, 2008
This is a good movie to watch with someone special.
August 7, 2008
I enoyed this one. A vulgar kid robs the bank. Simple plot, the movie is in the dialog.
June 15, 2008
The best thing Mischa Barton's done to date.
½ February 1, 2008
Pop-kulttuuria sanomallaan kritisoiva, mutta tyylillään myötäilevä draamathrilleri. Steadycam -kuvaus on taidokasta.
January 13, 2008
A new favorite of mine.
December 27, 2007
So This Is How You Get Your ass on MTV at the age of 13! OC Fans! Its Not Until Years After Watching this the First Time that this Was Mischa Barton's Acting Debut, So Dont Sleep On It!
December 21, 2007
Raw, wild, and rough around the edges, but a mind blowing film on youth and "gun culture". VERY under publicized
December 11, 2007
Decent movie definatley worth watching
October 23, 2007