Pure Country 2: The Gift - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pure Country 2: The Gift Reviews

½ June 16, 2014
Not the worst movie but the music in the movie is a five star rating. I would give it four stars if the angels weren't in the movie.
June 14, 2014
The Cains did a dumb thing in this movie: for autistic children they cast Downs Syndrome children. The two types do not look alike.
April 22, 2014
The wife and I liked it but if you are against a movie with a moral back story, a terrific singer and movie you can enjoy with the kids then SAW is probably more up your alley anyway...
February 2, 2014
this movie is awesome
½ August 8, 2013
One of the corniest, worst movies I've ever seen in my life! :(
June 11, 2013
Great movie,loved it definitely would recommend it to others.
January 25, 2013
This is a great movie to say the least. It's the best biographical movie that I've ever seen, and one of the best period. It tells the story of the best country singer, George Strait. George Strait is a great actor in this movie. Yes, you'll actually see him get upset for once while he acts out the highs and lows of his career in this movie.
This movie made me respect George Strait more for what he had to go through to become the superstar that he is and there couldn't be a better ending to a great movie. Along with the great music that you'll hear in this movie, this is one of the top ten movies of all time in my opinion. If you're a George Strait fan or even if you're not, this is a GREAT movie and deserves to be ordered by anyone. NOTE: This was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I've seen this film several times since then and still love it, not only because I'm a big George Strait music fan, but it's a great movie to watch in itself, and even non-country music fans should watch!
September 10, 2012
its ok to watch once not sure why its called pure country 2 other than using the fame of the original to get people to watch this movie because it is not a sequal at all in no ways does it connect to the original George Strait plays himself in this movie and not dusty wyatt also there angels. in this one this is a ABC. family movie not pure country
July 14, 2012
a CRAP movie george straitt is only in the movie for overall 3 minutes a disaster compared to the first one total let down.
July 1, 2012
this a very good movie
½ June 22, 2012
One of the best unintentional comedies I've seen in a while. Definitely check this one out.
June 13, 2012
Michael McKean, Bronson Pinchot, and Cheech Marin to start the film. GOLD!!! Lol. This is like a good ABC Family movie before they started showing shows about teenage whores.
March 29, 2012
2 hours I won't ever get back. The angel stuff was cheesy! Could of been good. But it's a disgrace to carry the Pure Country name.
January 31, 2012
I loved the story and the voice.
½ August 27, 2011
other than seeing George himself this movie was a bomb..
May 16, 2011
This movie was not only heart warming but had a really powerful and amazing message too. The acting was perfect and was just great. Everyone needs to see this movie at least once.
May 4, 2011
This is one of the lamest, cheesiest, most unrealistic movies I've ever seen in my life. The acting is wooden and I'm pretty sure a high school drama class could have done better. The music is empty and repetitive. And I felt as though everyone involved in the making of the film assumed their entire audience was either 4 years old, or completely stupid. This was so fluffy and dumbed down I could actually feel my IQ diminishing as I watched. Also, don't watch this expecting to see a sequel to the original film, because this has nothing to do with it whatsoever and features none of the original actors.
April 19, 2011
Songs are fun. Story could have worked without the angel part which was really stupid. The rules are retarded too since her lie was small, business isn't fair cause she could do the right thing and fail with the band and she can't get mad at her dad for bad mouthing her dead mom...lol. Guess this is good moral movie for kids under ten.
April 9, 2011
I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies. It's a "feel good" kind of movie.
½ April 3, 2011
very slow. predictable. acting not so much. did shed a little tear at the end. Wouldnt recommend - it wasnt horrible - but i guess its a good feel good story?