Pure Country 2: The Gift - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pure Country 2: The Gift Reviews

March 26, 2011
I love this movie. It was just as good as the first Pure Country. Pure Country 2: The Gift was amazing and it inspires me even more than any movie ever has.
March 25, 2011
The movie wasn't too good... at all. It was boring and you knew from the first ten seconds of the movie exactly what was gonna happen. Very cheesy. BUT I did enjoy two parts... one, I <3 cowboys and damn Travis Fimmel made a cute one... and two, the children were the most adorable kids I have EVER seen! Bonus point just for them!
March 25, 2011
great family movie with
valuable life lessons ! keep your promises and never lie !
½ March 20, 2011
Very well acted! Some good parts by George himself! Katrina does a good job in this movie and has an awesome voice! Its a good movie the whole family will enjoy!
½ March 15, 2011
Wow where do I start...was looking forward to this-we really liked the 1992 original starring George Strait. This isn't even set in the same universe...as Strait only appears for a couple moments (and as HIMSELF, not the Dusty character he portrayed in the original). Lead Katrina Elam is gorgeous & talented, and may well become a country music star...but the story here is horrible. Note, co-written by Dean Cain...LOL what does that tell you...not exactly a well known movie scribe...
½ March 14, 2011
Dahahahhahah omfg I gave it a half a star just for the hilarity of the part
Of George straight punching some drunk out in slow mo dahahahhaahaah
½ March 10, 2011
this is a good it is a must see if you have a hart at all you will love it
March 9, 2011
The whole "God has given you a gift" aspect of it was a complete turn off and there was no connection with the first movie, except that George Strait was in it. And btw, Strait plays himself and not the original character. It shouldn't have even been titled Pure Country 2.
November 1, 2010
A great family film. Finally one with morals, no sex,music you can understand the words to, great acting and just a wonderful story, well actually its two stories in one. It's a must see movie for sure.
October 18, 2010
Had NOTHING to do with the first...
George Strait was in it a total of like 4 scenes, but for MAYBE 2 or 3 minutes. None of his music was even in it! The acting sucked and it was a MAJOR disappointment.
½ October 15, 2010
I'm a Nashville-based musician and songwriter and enjoyed seeing local scenes in the movie, and also enjoyed the lead's wonderful singing voice, but as a movie it was pretty amateurish and obvious. Often plot movement was telegraphed by cliché movie images. It had its emotional moments, but I found the bit with the angels and the overall plot essentially ridiculous.
October 10, 2010