Pure Luck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pure Luck Reviews

½ October 19, 2016
Movie that has simply no luck to being watchable or funny.
½ March 5, 2016
Pure Luck is purely fun entertainment with a wackily sensible narrative with impressive delivery of comedic timing between Martin Short and Danny Glover.
February 14, 2016
I saw this in theatres as a kid, so had fond memories of it. Though it's not a great movie, I enjoyed watching it. Martin Short and Danny Glover make a good pair. It struck me while watching that Short hasn't made that many movies, and nothing significant in a couple decades, I wonder why that is because he's really funny. Give this a watch if fans of the actors.
January 16, 2016
this movie is awesome
½ May 21, 2015
Cheezy silliness....ok ­???
April 1, 2015
I laughed my arse off in this low brow but very funny slapstick comedy.
½ February 27, 2015
Anemic adaptation of the well-regarded French farce La Ch├Ęvre. Subjecting poor Martin Short to pratfall after pratfall does not equate to comedy.
November 8, 2014
I thought this movie was pretty cute. Not at all what I was expecting but liked it all the same. :)
October 29, 2014
A funny cute little comedy that i enjoyed :-)
October 13, 2014
Eugene Procter is an accident waiting to happen. He is the unluckiest guy in the world. Then there's his bosses daughter who is very accident prone, and gets kidnapped in New Mexico. With the theory "it takes one to find one" Proctor gets teamed up with detective Raymond Campanella to find the heiress and rescue her. Its one mishap after the other as they set off to find her. Like all Martin Short movies get ready to ─║augh and laugh hard. If there's one person who can pull off a movie like this its Martin Short. This movie is gut busting laughter from beginning to end. This is defiantly one of the greatest comedies to ever live. When you have a comedy with Martin Short you can't lose. And you ain't going to lose when you watch Pure Luck.
½ July 26, 2014
This never makes you belly laugh. It hardly makes you snigger. All the same, it's a nice, entertaining movie without being challenging. Sometimes that's all you need.
January 1, 2014
One of my favorite comedy movies of all time ...right next to liar liar and dumb and dumber....great acting, and just a hilarious movie that will always keep you laughing!
October 14, 2013
A very funny film about an unlucky man used to guide an investigator to find another very unlucky person. The set-up ensures many funny scenes with the awesome Martin Short and the good at being straight man Danny Glover.
June 20, 2013
I loved this movie back in the day and would love to see it again!
May 3, 2013
I may have seen parts of this before, but kind of one of those forgetful comedies. Basically one of those films that whatever can go wrong with our lead, will. Short is pretty amusing as he plays it that he doesn't really get that he has the worst luck ever. Glover is basically Glover, like always.

I found it kind of cool that neither show up in the film until after at least ten minutes has passed. They set it up that Short's boss has a daughter who is also a bad luck charm, and hence why he is picked to find her...so that dumb luck can happen twice and maybe find out what happened to her.

It's harmless fun, but never laugh out loud funny. There really isn't an aspect of bad guys either, which one would expect.

Some cool supporting characters in there. The guy that helps finds the daughter is Scott Wilson of Walking Dead fame, and one of my favorite Friday The 13th girls, Sharlene Martin, turns up as a nurse on one the Short's many times in a hospital.
January 25, 2013
Quite possibly the funniest movie ever made- My favorite comedy of all time for sure.
One of my favorite lines from the movie: "He's been struck by lightning twice, once while in a movie theater."
December 30, 2012
Pure Luck is one of those 90's gems. fun light hearted family friendly adventure comedy. The buddy comedy aspect between Glover and Short doesn't quite peak the way it should but the silly antics are enough for a good time.
½ December 16, 2012
An unlucky film that might be better if it was redone.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
November 6, 2012
it's was the best comedy of the year