Purple People Eater - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Purple People Eater Reviews

November 3, 2015
Strictly for the kiddies though Shelley Winters and Ned Beatty manage to give it some dignity. Interesting to see Neil Patrick Harris at such a young age. Terrific soundtrack for fans of 50's pop.
October 6, 2013
I love this movie home and remember those days when I was younger
August 28, 2013
I both loved and hated this movie. On one hand, we have a great message for both kids and adults to get involved with their families and communities to make a difference in each others lives for the good of all, and to have fun in life. But on the other hand, this was completely corny and cheesy, and the purple monster was stupid and annoying. I'd recommend having your kids watch it, but it'll be hard to watch it with them.
March 6, 2013
Seen it already wanna see it agin
April 12, 2012
My kids loved this movie now wanting the grandchildren to enjoy it just as much
½ January 27, 2012
"El Devorador de Gente P├║rpura"
November 17, 2011
i remember loving this movie when i was a kid. cheesy and fun
May 14, 2011
A mini Neil Patrick Harris pals with a purple cyclops that spouts music from its crazy horn.
½ January 23, 2011
I managed to locate this movie the other day after years of looking for it. It stars a very young Neil Patrick Harris and Dustin Diamond. I can remember watching it over and over and over as a child, so I had to find it for my own child. She loved it just as much as I always did. It's got great music, and appearances by Little Richard and Chubby Checker :) If you remember this movie from when you were a kid you'll understand why I like it so much.
March 24, 2010
stupid just awful corny why this silly stupid corny film just retarded and very dull just stupid no sense just well stupid
March 14, 2010
This was one of my favorite movies when i was younger
February 27, 2010
I remember this was the coolest movie when I was little... they really need to remake it
on DVD!!! =}
November 10, 2009
Class, i watched this back in the day so much!
½ October 6, 2009
HaHa! 1988, I was just a pip sqeek. Gotta see movie. Love the song, love the movie!!!
August 12, 2009
elijah favorite song
½ June 16, 2009
It wasn't drew Barrymore ... It's a young Thora Birch I love her and I used to love that that movie when I was a wee-one!
June 8, 2009
I just downloaded this and watched it for the first time since I was little. This was one of my favorite movies (and songs) when I was a kid! I don't remember Neil Patrick Harris being in it but he's aweosme :D It has such a great cast (including Screech from Saved By The Bell!), I can't believe this hasn't been released on DVD or something. It's a classic!
May 15, 2009
could have gotten a higher rating if it ate the children instead of befriending them.
March 10, 2009
I loved it when I was little, but haven't been able to see it in years! I think a little Drew Barrymore is in it.