A Pyromaniac's Love Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Pyromaniac's Love Story Reviews

March 31, 2014
Sorry, but I gotta defend this. It was kinda cute for its time. Seems like the entire cast had some quirk or other and it was fun putting all the pieces together. It was not the wasted effort the rating seems to indicate.
June 5, 2013
Funny from start to finish.
September 4, 2012
it's. a fucking. bad ass movie
½ April 5, 2011
A PYROMANIAC'S LOVE STORY, what appears to be a Made-for-TV presentation, is a weird experience. I should have been forewarned when I heard the goofy music. Generally, for me, goofy music means goofy movie! Plus, in this one, the story combines romance and arson, not a customary twosome. And although Sergio, played by John Leguizamo, tries very hard to be lovable and significant, I just didn't get it. Bottom line: a bakery burns to the ground and six silly characters confess to the crime. The dumbest confession was the bakery owner's wife, played by Joan Plowright, who confessed because she wanted to do something to show her husband how much she loved him. Seems like there might be better ways of doing that than causing a 3-alarm fire! And then there's just one stupid situation after another - so much so, I fast-forwarded at times. I couldn't stand it. This one is complete with pratfalls, racing here and there, misunderstandings, and overblown, overplayed and ridiculous characters (some of whom were played by William Baldwin, Sadie Frost, Richard Crenna, and Michael Lerner.) I kept watching thinking one of these characters might eventually appeal to me. But it was a lost cause. The ending was predictable and I was glad when the goofy music began playing during the ending credits.
½ September 4, 2010
So, this kind of movie... Funny...
March 30, 2010
Not a bad movie at all save for William Baldwin's over acting.
February 24, 2010
hahaha he forgot to breathe
½ September 12, 2008
I want to be obsessed with John Leguizamo in every sense but I can't deny that this movie stinks something awful. The acting is pretty terrible and the script is horrendous...

but uh, Leguizamo is supercute and young in it!
July 19, 2008
Funny movie where the opposite of what you expect to happen is sure to happen...
½ July 6, 2008
The insanity of being in love...and pyromania! It's a stitch.
May 16, 2008
I liked this quirky romance. An odd, yet funny movie. Sweet and strange. John Leguizamo(?) makes this film.
½ April 17, 2008
a silly b-rate movie
½ March 21, 2008
This movie is ok. Nothing that spectacular though.
January 13, 2008
This Is An All Around Weird Movie
December 6, 2007
La mejor historia de un loco amor!!!
November 28, 2007
"You gotta love somebody. And if a miracle happens and they fall in love with you, the sky opens up and the stars come pouring down...but sometimes life isn't so simple."
November 20, 2007
Laugh laugh laugh...quirky humor I love it
November 14, 2007
my favourite!!! weird.. favourite.. weird.. good.. great!!
August 4, 2007
OK this was a wierd experience. Romance and arson, not the best bedfellows. Maybe because I'm not a Shakespeare fanatic but I just didn't get the romantic antics.
July 25, 2007
Great movie. Garret makes it all worthwhile.
"I belong in a maximum security prison for men! Augh!"