Quarantine 2: Terminal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quarantine 2: Terminal Reviews

December 16, 2016
Very good very scary
September 28, 2016
A surprisingly VERY GOOD sequel to "Quarantine." I was amazed. I went into it skeptical, because if I've learned anything about being a horror movie fan, it's that the sequel is never better than the original. Sometimes it's much worse. Not here. While the connections to the original are not evident immediately, the theme of human devastation in the face of unparalleled disaster reigns even stronger here. Good performances from a largely unknown cast. Intelligent scripting and writing. And of course, some great scares. Far more effort than one gets in the normal run of the mill assembly line horror sequel. Highly recommended to fans of the 1st film
August 14, 2016
- We open to two stewardesses dressing in the back of a cab. Good start.
- Oh damn. That pilot don't look so hot. Actually, he's hot as hell...WITH FEVER!
- Oh damn. He sneezed and then pressed all manner of controls.
- Since when could a crate of hamsters be brought on board a plane?
- OH SNAP A HAMSTER JUST BIT A GUY. IT'S ON NOW!
- "Oh ma'am, you're going to need to put your cat back in the bag." What?
- Goddamn dude, use a kleenex.
- Update on HamsterBite: Not doing so good. Horked on the stewardess.
- The word 'stewardess' is really, really hard to type out.
- Everything just gets more gross with every passing second.
- HamsterBite is down. I repeat, he is down. Also, his name is Ralph Bundt. He's 400 lbs and it took like 5 guys to take his frothing ass down.
- No, wait...HamsterBite is back up, but now the plane is going down. He also sorta kinda bit the now-less-than-cute stewardess' nose off.
- Best line so far: "This is not okay," as they discover they are locked inside a now-abandoned airport. Also, SWAT is outside.
- If you're keeping score, the mute paraplegic is doing the best so far. Not a scratch on him.
- So many people touching so many things...my goosebumps have the heebie-jeebies.
- Aw man, the mute paraplegic, trying to warn folks of the rat about to drop on his head, got a rat dropped on his head. And promptly got bit.
- This just in...the "hamsters" are actually lab rats.
- Hamster/ratBite's back! No, wait...he's subdued again. That's his 3rd takedown.
- Oh damn. That's unfortunate.
- Also that.
- We're down to 4 people: a bioterrorist, 13yo boy, Army nurse, and the stewardess (the one with intact nose).
- Ewwwwwww.
- And the 13yo lives to tell the tale. As well as the infected cat & hamster/rats.
½ January 24, 2016
I don't get when they say cheesy acting, I saw them doing a really good job. The movie did scare me
December 8, 2015
Stop comparing it with Rec. A film should stand on its own, and this movie did that quite well. It may be a bit generic in terms of plot lines, but it is in no way a bad plot or a bad film. I really enjoyed this more than any of the haunting, ghost, exorcism, or zombie movies that came out in recent years.
September 26, 2015
better then the first one
August 7, 2015
In my opinion,the movie is quite solid. Although not as good and trilling as the first movie,it does gives a fresher perspective by dropping the found footage element.

It does has it fair of scares,but overall it is nothing new on the plate. Not as trilling as the first Quarantine because it is somewhat predictable at times.
Halfway through the movie it isnt scary anymore,and I'm serious.

I really hate the side-cast(the other passengers of the plane) for being very annoying with their excessive nagging and yelling. Repetitive scares and the same wild chases.

Overall,its a decent sequel of Quarantine that managed to answer our questions about the 1st movie. It could have been better with more effort.
July 6, 2015
This is the reason why I hate airplanes, not just because of the shitty food but mostly my fear of it crashing or anything bad that could happen. But zombies!.

Quarantine 2 to my surprise is better then the first one as I had more fun in a guilty pleasure way. The movie isn't good but it's laughable and also enjoyable in a way that makes it better then the first when it comes to enjoyment, because the first movie wasn't that good at all; just watch Rec it's much better.
March 23, 2015
This is one of the funniest movies I've seen that's not meant to be
½ March 11, 2015
Every bit as good as the first movie with new characters, new location, and a nice bridge to this movie!
January 29, 2015
Pretty good, better then most modern horror movies today.
January 14, 2015
I'm shell shocked that this sequel is actually legitimate!
January 3, 2015
The first movie was a pretty good horror film and the second one follows the same story only at airport. Sequels are hard to make better but this one does a good job. Worth watching.
½ December 20, 2014
Not as good as the first one, but as a fan it's still worth it to dig in.
November 10, 2014
Very slow stationif movie, the last half hour had the most action. Cool, how they tied in the first one with this one. The acting was B list, but not too horrible. If your into horror/zombie flicks, then this is right up your alleyway.
November 4, 2014
Playing on air passengers' greatest fear, Quarantine 2: Terminal delivers zombies on a plane. Breaking from the found footage style of the original, this time a traditional narrative is used to follow an airliner that gets grounded when one of its passengers begins to exhibit a rage virus; but the situation only get worse when the plane is quarantined by the CDC at an abandoned airport terminal. There's an attempt to link the story to the first film and explain the origins of the virus, but it's all convoluted and hackneyed stuff. Additionally, most of the characters are one-note and uninteresting (just zombie fodder really). There are some scares and a few intense moments in Quarantine 2: Terminal, but by and large it's an unambitious B horror film.
November 2, 2014
We only forged through 30 minutes of this direct-to-video Quarantine sequel before forfeiting the fruitless exercise. We skipped ahead to the final 10 minutes and moved on with our lives. Director/writer John Pogue was screaming through the screen, his scenes a beautiful checklist of tropes and plot details. Look, viewer, that guy sneezed! That guy got bit! That guy's dog is behaving strangely. The pilot is under the weather! One of these things will lead to a mutated strain of rabies, but we'll have to find out which! If an alien with little knowledge of the human race made a movie, it would be Quarantine 2. There is even a rotund white passenger with a polo and golf tee wedged behind his ear, who proceeds to open "Golf Weekly" and is referred to as "Golf guy" by the flight attendants. You can't make that stuff up! If you're in the game for that kind of entertainment, Quarantine 2 is packed with all the fun you need.
½ October 21, 2014
has some good scares
September 29, 2014
As a sequel, this film was okay, but it definitely suffered from the lack of a strong story line that made its Spanish version so much better. There is a tedious connection made between the first film and why this plane is now infected; the culprit of the whole thing is also just thrown into the film like an afterthought. And perhaps the biggest let-down is how the 'culprit' for the people turning into zombies is a virus. Please! Like that's original.
½ September 12, 2014
Its difficult to discern whether or not this film is a comedy or severely poor attempt at horror. Either way, everything about this film is despicable and everyone who had a hand in making this atrocity should never work in Hollywood for the rest of their days.