Reinas (Queens) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reinas (Queens) Reviews

February 11, 2013
Una comedia divertida, medio pavada!!
Para pasar el tiempo!
December 7, 2012
Could be worthwhile, will see.
½ August 26, 2012
We love the settings. Housing stock in South America is superb as are the restaurants and other places of activity. Why can't North America get their act together with these posh gay weddings? Sex on the train scene was a highlight, the hot mamas in another Latin cultural trend that North America needs to embrace. Jury is still out on the blond twink, that bitch left the dog! Overall, lots of drama, basically a long glorified soap opera. Needs more gay on gay action with cutes.
August 21, 2012
With lots of familiar Latino faces, this farcical romance faithfully recalls the pleasure and joy of early Almod¤?var films. A must see!
March 14, 2012
I hadn't heard of this film, but I'm intrigued and wanna see it.
November 28, 2011
a fun movie one of the character really make sme feel good about my own self
September 14, 2011
me aburri un poco y me dormi
June 19, 2011
Una pelicula sobre los primeros casamientos homosexuales en Espa├▒a. Dentro de todo es entretenida, aunq no es la gran pelicula.
March 13, 2011
Le casting est d├ (C)tonnant avec de nombreuses actrices qui ont fait leur preuves dans les films d'Almodovar. Les acteurs ne sont pas mal non plus. Les personnages sont sur le point de se marier mais tout ne va pas se passer comme pr├ (C)vu. On vit les quelques jours, voire m├¬me les quelques heures qui pr├ (C)c├Ędent en ayant ├á chaque fois un point de vue diff├ (C)rent. Le film est tr├Ęs r├ (C)ussi.
½ February 24, 2011
Hard to follow story that was mediocre at best. A few plot twists, but not enough time was spent on resolution. Some serious issues got resolved in just a few seconds and we didn't get to see how. Some slapstick comedy that wasn't funny. I guess I was hoping for a unique viewpoint on sexuality in Spanish cinema, but it seemed very Americanized. I disagree with the R rating for the U.S. release. Common sense rating for anyone who's not a neo-conservative would be PG-13.
½ February 20, 2011
It sounds like Almodovar, it tastes like Muriel's wedding, it smells like a movie I enjoyed to see!
February 17, 2011
Defently on of My Favourite Movies!!! Such a Funny, Charming and Entertaing Comedy!!! Im a totally Fan of the Spanish Humour and this is a Prime Example of it!!! Also Love the Soundtrack!!!
June 23, 2010
Who will win on June 30?
April 8, 2010
hilarious, entertaining and gay... ;)
½ March 29, 2010
The first gay weddings in Spain and mothers are on the loose. The confrontations between mothers and sons are just hilarious. And keep in mind: the sons may be better looking but the mothers are much more fun than their boring kids. Enjoy the laughs
February 14, 2010
No s├ę que dicer... Muy espa├▒ola :D
½ February 11, 2010
Brilliant comedy from leading spanish actors/actresses....Betiana, Carmen and Marisa just do what they do best....they entertain you well......have to agree that the movie is silly but I had the best laugh for ages
January 27, 2010
Not quite the movie for me.
½ September 7, 2009
Interesting Spanish ensemble comedy revolving around the lives of five mothers (the queens) and their gay sons. Each of the characters' stories intertwine and eventually meet up at the finale, a mass gay wedding to celebrate Spain's new marriage laws. There are surfeit characters to follow and it's often difficult to remember who is who, but overall it's a fine comedy without the usual cliches and exaggerated acting.
½ July 28, 2009
Drenched in telenovela but enjoyable and silly.