Queer as Folk - The Complete First Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Queer as Folk - The Complete First Season Reviews

September 8, 2008
jáime globalement la serie que jávais vu dábord trop saucissonee a la tv francaise
les personnages sont bien sur un peu trop naturels ,comme les heteros quoi ,mais ca se laisse voir qd meme
½ September 25, 2005
A very great start to a very great show.
April 27, 2005
So I had a lot of crazy dreams last night. I had a dream that Carl Johns came into town and played a show. He was sporting his crazy moustache and a flanel shirt. FUN! Then Jers showed up also sporting a crazy moustache but he looked like a weirdo old-timey cartoon character. It was pretty sweet. I thought he'd like that.

Then, I remember all these people from the 'lerd that I was fearing I'd run into (I'm at home for a couple of days visiting my family) and that my folks were moving somewhere but I wasn't sure where.

In other news...nothing. I'm pretty boring. I've become addicted to Queer as Folk, though. What a fucking great show. I'm sure anyone who sees me regularly is sick of me talking about it. I'm only half-way through the second season. The second season is soooooo much better. The gay guys are hot, the lesbians are hot...hot hot hot. Good music, good stories, real issues. It's a pretty damn good show and I can't wait to finish out the series.

God I can't wait to get back home.
½ January 1, 2005
Starring: Hal Sparks, Gale Harold, Sharon Gless, Thea Gill, Robert Gant, Michelle Clunie, Chris Potter, Peter Paige, and Scott Lowell.
Series created by Russell T. Davies.
For mature audiences only (contains graphic sexuality, language and nudity).

This is a wonderful show, a bit melodramatic at times, but it definitely works. The characters are wonderfully drawn, and the direction is always brilliant. I was so very amused and entertained by every episode, wondering constantly how things would turn out, and I was never disappointed. I wish I had seen it when it was on Showtime, but the DVDs are perfect. [b]***1/2 (out of ****) A-[/b]
January 21, 2004
At the behest of my wife, last night I went out and got a pedicure. Apparently, my feet were very nasty so she and I went to this nail place and they worked on my toenails, put lotion on my tootsies, and then took a cheese-grater thing to the hunks of dead skin hanging on the sides of my feet. I can't say I enjoyed that... the cheese grater thing really freaked me out and now my feet are so sensitive that even the movement of the sock inside my show makes me cringe but, hey... it was a new experience even if it did make me feel a little gay.

And, speaking of a little gay... This got me thinking about Queer as Folk on Showtime.

According to this show, gay people leap from bed to bed and do nothing but think about sex. I know several gay people... and that's not at all true.

I'm not a huge fan of this show, since it seems to be like the other Minstrel Shows... Uh, I mean gay shows on the air like Will & Grace and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. If you think these shows are bringing society one step closer to acceptance of gay culture, you're an idiot. These shows make us laugh at gays, not with them.

Anytime I hear someone say that the gay scene in the movies and TV are a step foreward on the gay liberation front, I just want to smack them in the face for being stupid. Only one TV show ever understood this too... South Park where all the men became Metrosexuals, but freaked out when they thought their sons were really turning gay.