Queer Duck: The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Queer Duck: The Movie Reviews

November 18, 2014
Simpsons producer Mike Reiss's feature length tale of Queer Duck and his friends Openly Gator, Oscar Wildcat and Bi-polar Bear.
A gag reel of a film that will have you chuckling a plenty. Not all the jokes hit home and sometimes the silliness is just a bit too silly. Still the laughter out stripped the head shaking and the Family Guy-esque sight jokes are gold. Packet of Quentin Crisps anyone?
July 29, 2012
This works far better as a short than as a feature-length film. The animation is a little sloppy, although that's probably a reflection of its origin as a web cartoon. After a while the humour may be get somewhat cliche and one-dimensional, but it's full of catty one-liners. Amazingly, the cast members include Mark Hamill, Billy West (whose golden chords have given life to many animations like Futurama) and David Duchovny in a cameo role.
June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
½ April 10, 2012
this film version of the classic QTV cartoon sends up spoof and zany satire on todays gay culture. a must see for fans of gay cinema and controversial animated shows
½ June 12, 2011
I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd have been on magic mushrooms. Although gotta love a movie that starts with a character called Genital Warthog & has Queer Duck being turned gay again by a touch of Barbra Streisand's nose. It was OK, but could have been so much better. They should have got KY Jellyfish from the shorts involved!
½ June 12, 2011
½ January 28, 2011
Ironiaa, sanomaa ja hulvatonta huumoria. Paljon vakavia teemoja pienessä camp-piirretyssä.
January 10, 2011
I enjoyed this thoroughly. It's crass. It's inappropriate. And it's hilarious. I could watch this over and over.
December 24, 2010
Granted, I may have been buzzed, but this was very funny lol
April 13, 2010
It had it's moments.
½ February 8, 2010
A hillarious Animated Comedy about a Queer Duck who get morphed into a Straight Duck and his crazy Friends
½ February 22, 2009
Arriving about a decade and a half too late, Mike Reiss' "Queer Duck" movie banks most of its humor on the not-particularly-startling novelty of having most of its animal characters being gay. Broadway showtunes, crossdressing, homosexual panic, and nudge-nudge-wink-wink innuendo might have been more of a novelty in, say, the 1980s, but in this day and age simply hauling the old cliches out of the closet and parading them around like you've never seen them before makes for some pretty lazy humor. The overall storyline, which has self-absorbed hero Queer Duck being turned heterosexual via some questionable brainwashing techniques, has some bright moments but largely feels like a squandered opportunity for what could have been a genuinely biting satire. While it may not be particularly hilarious, "Queer Duck" does feature some pleasantly affable characters, and it centers on a sweet-natured message about tolerance that's pretty hard to take issue with.
February 2, 2009
it is a good movie so the shows be for and the are good movies
½ December 15, 2008
Queer Duck is pretty much 75 minutes of one gay joke after another that misses more than it hits, which is a shame because of all of the popular voice actors that pop up here and there within the film. Also, the animation is akin to a short video you'd see online somewhere, maybe youtube. I don't know it tries to do the intentionally bad animation like South Park is famous for, but if I did, it may have gone too far. Queer Duck had its moments, but it's mostly a bore. The most amusing parts were cameos b Conan O'Brien and David Duchovny.
½ November 13, 2008
This movie has some pretty hilarious gay jokes, but not much else. If that is all you are looking for then you should enjoy it. If you don't like gay jokes, then never watch this movie ever. I did like the cameos of David Duchovny and Conan O'Brien.
October 29, 2008
Fantastically vulgar and wonderfully campy, though I could've done without Conan O'Brien.
September 18, 2008
Hilarious piece of groundbreaking animation. But it's not groundbreaking because of the animation tecniques per se as it's actually a pretty crappy Flash-like animation but because its funny-to-the-bone, acid, colorful, extremely gay, hilarious screenplay. The characters are so well built as are the plot and the songs. An hilarious film for everyone... also the "gayest" movie ever since "Shark Tale"... *laughs*
August 8, 2008
seen it! it was kinda funny
August 7, 2008
full of cheap laughs. nothing earthshatteringly witty, but bitchily funny.