The Quick and the Undead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Quick and the Undead Reviews

November 25, 2013
5+++!!! It's damn so great for me. Cheap and simple, it's much more attractive than all that heavily promoted stuff with symphonic soundtracks and typical posters.
June 19, 2013
Plot, character development, acting? Nope.But if you're looking for a brainless movie with plenty of B-grade zombie gore, this... Is still a horrible movie.
March 22, 2012
I love bad movies, they can be lots of fun. Sometimes I like to hate bad movies, this time I couldn't stir up enough feeling to actually hate it, it was just plain bad. The dialogue was lifted almost verbatim from other films and the lead character was a TERRIBLE rip off of Clint Eastwood. Unfortunately, it was done in such poor fashion that it doesn't feel like a homage or even spoof, it's just plain bad. I never understood the premise or sympathized with the characters and, worse yet, discovered I didn't care that I didn't care...so I just stopped watching. In short, you guessed it, it was just plain bad.
½ December 26, 2010
give this film a decent size budget, a director with vision, and i could see a potential remake which would have it all, this film comes off rather dull, dull acting and no flair in its aproach, also the story comes off all wild west post zombie apocolupse but its set in modern times and for some reason people in the affected west are going back to those times in there ways which i dident fully get, so with 2011 summer film cowboys vs alens in mind, there really should be a remake but set it in the 1880s west, it be interesting, but this film inspiration only
½ March 29, 2010
Since there are SO MANY zombie movies out there, I have made up a system by which one might grade said zombie movies.

10 points for every second of female nudity.

50 points for full frontal.

1 point for every zombie killed. This adds up quickly.

The Quick and the Undead (2006) - Much more focused on getting revenge on a betrayer, rather than the zombies themselves. Both men just happen to be zombie hunters. Not enough dead zombies, and 0 hot chicks. F for FAIL!
ScoopOnline
December 15, 2009
If you're not quick, you're the Undead
December 5, 2009
Tout est dans le titre... Oui, c'est un western moderne avec des zombies... voila, voila, voila... Les amateurs apprecieront...
½ December 2, 2009
Ok I saw the cover of this movie and wanted to watch it. But the cover had nothing to do with the story. I really wanted a wild west zombie. The cast was not good at all. Horrible acting. I will give props on the zombies. The make up was pretty good. But the poor story and poor acting made this movie not that enjoyable at all.
½ September 30, 2009
So when you are making a zombie movie, the bar is pretty low. You need to have gritty action, sick special effects, and some scare moments to make your girlfriend jump into your arms for protection. You don't expect Oscar caliber writing and acting, but you'd expect to believe that people are actually afraid... or angry ... or not made of wood.

My wife and I got this movie because the "Writer"/Director was a friend of a friend. I put writer in quotes because the plot, dialogue, and camera shots were lifted from other movies such as, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Gladiator, and others. Personally I was shocked that they did not at least give a nod to the movie whose name they parodied. THAT WOULD HAVE AT LEAST MADE SENSE! Instead we get a contrived story about zombie bounty hunters collecting fingers to get quick cash. Oh yes and the Hero/Producer can't be killed... convenient as his death would have helped my enjoyment.

The special effects are fine. Low budget, but forgivable with less fudges then a SyFy original movie. The actors are bad, poorly cast, and at the same time too good for the movie. (Except the Hero who paid for everything and was just as bad as everything as well.)

I know I might seem like I am being vengeful here, and maybe I am, but this movie stole time from my life, so I'm writing this for YOUR protection. STAY AWAY!
½ August 28, 2009
it's a movie after all! it has cuts, not like some home videos, a hero (who sucks btw), and some story too!
i bought it in tesco for $0.50, definitely worth it :)
½ February 21, 2009
I was hoping for a zombie western; what I got was crap.
½ January 18, 2009
This is supposed to be a zombie western but there was nothing western about it other than the western clothes. The movie is complete shit.
December 18, 2008
September 30, 2008
good story, bad budget, terrible ending
August 8, 2008
Like zombies, hate westerners... this one kinda blew in my opinion.
July 29, 2008
Wow...I have to admit...it got my interest at some point but then it faded.
The movie has a plot that is filled with so many holes.
The actors cannot act for a ball of turd, the effects looked so primitive I ate dinner while watching the zombies eat.
Please do not watch this if you're for a horror. The zombies would not be able to scare a 5yr old.
Avoid this brain drain at all cost!
July 25, 2008
I respect and admire that these folks were able to make a movie, but they didn't manage to make a good one. Although they didn't make an absolutely awful one, either. Which is something. I guess.
July 12, 2008
Zgodan pokusaj kombinacije westerna sa zombi-horor podzanrom.Nije neko remek djelo al da se pogledat
July 4, 2008
Well, at least the guy was kinda cute.
June 23, 2008
Zombies are awesome. To quote my friend:
"The best zombie western I've ever seen, also the only zombie western I've ever seen."