Caos Calmo (Quiet Chaos) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caos Calmo (Quiet Chaos) Reviews

April 6, 2010
Eyxaristo (tropos tou legein) ergaki apo italia meria.
½ March 18, 2010
Muy similar a La habitación del hijo, pues tiene el toque inconfundible del actor principal, pero a mi parecer es una peli que se queda en nada, arranca bien pero no se entiende muy bien en que termina o cual es el cambio que experimenta el personaje en todo ese tiempo.
De todos modos, es agradable de ver, para los que les gusta el cine tranquilo.
½ March 9, 2010
Prima o poi, tutti perdiamo qualcuno importante, ed ognuno di Noi lo afronta in modo diverso, Pietro si ferma sulla panchina di una piazza? e la vita continua a scorrere. Film delicato, profondo e coinvolgente. (Si sbilancia un po?? con la scena di sesso). Consigliato.
February 12, 2010
quite absorbing; great acting and music but only for patient audience!
½ January 15, 2010
A very subtle, though powerful portrait of a middle-aged man coping with loss and grief. Though it is not directed by Moretti, it certainly does have the look and feel of one of his own films (like the great film, "The Son's Room"). You can most clearly see though that the screenplay is mostly his. I love watching Moretti. He is quiet, dignified, charismatic, intelligent, complex. He reminds me of a young Robert DeNiro in "Godfather II" (yes, when DeNiro wasn't in it for the check). Here, he has lost his wife and struggles to maintain a healthy liefstyle with his little girl. Instead of reporting to his job every day (he works as a film executive), he decides to take his daughter to school each day and wait outside in the park until class is dismissed. He does his work, meets new and interesting people, eats at a nearby cafe, has some run-ins with his sister-in-law (played wonderfully by Valeria Golino -- remember her from "Rain Man"? Glad to see she is getting some choice roles still). He becomes familiar with all the strangers around him and we enjoy sitting on the park bench with him. In addition to a surprising cameo by Roman Polanski, there are some magical little moments throughout. The scene near the very end where the little girl tells Moretti what she most wants for a present just breaks your heart. An uplifting, sweet, intimate, smart film that does not attempt to tie every loose end - rather, it lets the viewer think about it.
½ January 15, 2010
Excellent movie, telling several different stories about grief, joy and life - at the same time depending on how you want to think about it.
½ January 11, 2010
tons of cuteness in this one. i quite liked this thing where the father sits still in front of his daughter's school everyday, after his wife's death, and all the troubles of his out life reach him, in the middle of this square. and there are beautiful MILF's surrounding him :D and a great cameo at the end.
January 10, 2010
Based on a best-selling novel (Sandro Veronesi's Caos Calmo), Quiet Chaos stars Nanni Moretti as successful businessman Pietro Paladini. One day, Pietro saves the life of a beautiful drowning woman (Isabella Ferrari as Eleonora) at the beach only to discover, when he returns home, that his wife has suddenly died and their 10-year-old daughter Claudia (Blu Yoshimi) is distraught.

On Claudia's first day back at school after the funeral, Pietro impulsively decides not to leave but simply to sit in the park opposite the school and wait for her. He then repeats this process every day and gradually, his work colleagues (Charles Berling and Hippolyte Girardot) and various family members (Valeria Golino as his sister-in-law; Alessandro Gassman as his brother) all come to visit him, as does Eleonora, who's seeking to make amends for not having thanked him after he saved her life.
January 9, 2010
A very reserved but intriguing Italian drama on bereavement.
December 6, 2009
What I love most of good Italian movies its their capacity to bring you in a deep emotional journey from a simple everyday life situation. Quiet Chaos is a touching and rational movie which will hit your heart as well as your mind.
November 17, 2009
中譯???????你??????????????帶????????親????人??巨浪?????...(中??簡?就???????)???主??人??????天????!
½ November 15, 2009
About twenty minutes into this film, I had a really bad feeling.... maybe it was the soundtrack that was a constant (annoyance) throughout. Maybe it was the fact that twenty minutes into the movie, I already knew the ending... or maybe it was the fact that at the twenty minute mark I was already dreading the fact that there was still an hour and a half to go...

I can see this movie doing very well as a mainstream wide release, for it is definately a movie that is mainstream material, and the audience I was in clapped at the end, so it was avious I was probably in the minority with my dislike of this film, but for me (and this will sound totally pretensious ... but who cares), when I spend my money on an expensive pass to a film festival, I hope to see movie that challenge me, make me look at something a different way, or at the very least plays with my mind and perceptions of things.... This movie did none of these, unless you could my eyes playing in my head at the constant rolling they did as each cliched scene passed by.....
November 6, 2009
Buon film, ma non buono come mi aspettavo Pro: Grande regia, ottima qualità
½ October 21, 2009
Slatko! Jedan od ne bas brojnih filmova cije trajanje bih mogao trpjeti (i vise nego trpjeti) barem jos sat vremena. Bas nekako skroz okej film. Uz neke manje nespretnosti.
October 18, 2009
Grand in its portrayal. Intimate in its essence. It may be hard to understand at times, but it never loses its humane touch.
½ September 5, 2009
Good story, good acting (Nanni Moretti) but many times hard on the edge of being boring
½ August 10, 2009
Davvero un buon film. Mi aspettavo qualcosa di diverso, più scuro, più complicato. Molto semplice, tranquillo... beh calmo ;) positivo; che fortunatamente evitato facile sentimentalismo. Nanni Moretti - assolutamente grande, se la (in) famosa scena di sesso tra lui e Isabella Ferrari un po inutilia per me.

E anche la comparsa di Roman Polanski e'stata una bella sorpresa, perché ho pensato che l'unico aspetto polacco sarebbe Kasia Smutniak camminando con il suo cane xD
August 6, 2009
Te gwiazdki to za klimat.
July 30, 2009
not really reliable but that's not the point..slow, delicate and thoughtfull.. for lovers of nanni moretti and italian cinema.
½ July 10, 2009
What is the deal with Nanni Moretti and exploring that death of family member theme? And he should definitely stick to one aspect of movie production - multitasking doesen't seem to be his thing. But that's it for criticism, and except for just a few boring bits, this is quite an original and disturbing drama. Plenty of elements which make you wonder simply 'why' in reference to various situations. All in all, quite decent , a lot easier to take in than The Son's Room.