Quiet Cool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quiet Cool Reviews

½ May 30, 2016
For it's time, this movie is Good, another one hard to find on DVD
½ January 1, 2016
NY cop travels to the Northwest to assist ex-girlfriend against a ring of pot growers protecting their interests. Plays out like an old western, right down to the final shootout in the centre of town. A rare lead and good-guy role for James Remar.
½ April 24, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014

(1986) Quiet Cool
ACTION DRAMA

Quite tame direct to rental movie flashed with some stunts centering on a tough cop Joe (James Remar) from NYC asked by an old flame to do a quick check up on her brother who lives in another part of town with a much smaller population. Upon going over there, he's then pursued by a small group of guys trying to protect their secret grow up operation hidden deep into the forest. This town doesn't appear to have any kind of law authority either except for the town's lone security man who seems to be allies with the bad guys too.

While I always liked to see action sequences that doesn't require any special effects, I can't get over the fact that this is another one of those convoluted movies where after some of the bad guys are killed by hand made weapons or by a hand gun, the good guys don't pick up the bad guys much more powerful AR guns. Whenever I see that in movies, kills the credibility for the rest of the film.

1 star out of 4
½ October 27, 2012
City cop goes to small town to help ex-flame find missing brother who was killed by wilderness marijuana grow op protectors. A bit over the top at some points for my liking. Western style showdown ending did lift matters at the end.
April 19, 2012
Some of the worst acting and worst stunts ever to grace the big screen
March 10, 2011
Jamer Remar vs evil pot-growing, motorcycle-riding, machine gun-toting bad guys of the Pacific Northwest in this unintentionally funny slice of 80s cheeze. There are worse ways to kill 80 minutes.
½ September 7, 2010
February 3, 2010
Another misplaced 80's action classic, Quiet Cool features an inventive story, some great action scenes and a strong performance by James Remar in the lead. Remar has always been one of my favourite actors and he really got the chance to shine here. An unpredictable story higlighted by some deaths that you really don't see coming and a funny little twist at the end as well are some of the stronger points of this film.
November 20, 2009
(* 1/2): Thumbs Down

A really bad film but it does have some unintentionally hilarious moments.
November 12, 2009
This one falls into the "so bad, it's good" category. James Remar is a woefully underused actor, but this movie is a complete joke. Imagine "Next of Kin", but even more ridiculous (I actually kind of liked "Next of Kin"). The hairstyles alone make this movie unintentionally hilarious. And I'm baffled why this was shown on the Independent Film Channel. I thought they only showed snooty art films, not trashy 80s action films. Maybe they'll start showing Andy Sidaris films sometime soon.
October 31, 2009
I love that movie. The best scene ever "F*@k you, F*@k you BANG."
½ May 10, 2009
I need to catch the end of this. The music was good and it was overall very 80s. But it had some ok action scenes, even if the acting got too far over the top.
I couldn't recommend it (unless maybe you are nostaligic for the mid-Eighties,) but I woudl watch it again.
½ February 9, 2009
A small town in California, a boys parents killed, a friend helps out...great movie
½ December 28, 2008
I saw this on IFC and loved it, a great example of 80s hardcore action filmmaking.
July 31, 2008
Really good action film. The Movie is only 81 minutes and alot of action is crammed into that. James Remar is the man.
July 23, 2008
Under rated 80's action film.
July 1, 2008
Everyone screams when they get shot, and practically everyone gets shot (and dies). If you "love the eighties" you'll love this grindhouse gem.
½ June 4, 2008
A possible contender for the "Road House" title of most mullet-headed hilarity on film.
½ February 15, 2008
How in the hell did this get 4 stars on Flxister? This film is PAINFUL. Sure, sure, sure, it's so bad it's good at times. And you laugh a lot at it. With some great buddies, you can really make fun of this until the cows come home. But you know what? It's still a horrible movie. And it still hurts. :(
February 8, 2008
You talk about Classic Totally 80's Movies, then You must include Quiet Cool in that conversation, It has it all, the explosions, gun fire, the leather jacket wearing tough city cop who's in way over his head, and of course the rockin' theme song with the title of the movie in the lyrics. If you are in dire need of a big 80's fix then Quiet Cool is the movie for you