Quill: The Life of a Guide Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quill: The Life of a Guide Dog Reviews

July 9, 2012
this is going to be a good movie...
July 9, 2012
Tender, realistic film that is for all ages. Even if you are not a dog lover you can't help bur be moved by the relationships of people to people and people to dogs.
July 8, 2012
Dogs are true friends...
July 8, 2012
Six Kleenex. This brought back every sickening feeling and every ache I went through with each and every pet during that most precious and aweful time in life. Powerful movie.
½ June 24, 2012
There's a lot of competition for the best dog movie ever, but Quill is definitely in the running.
May 20, 2012
Looks like a beautiful movie. My guide-dog raising relatives will really appreciate it.
May 20, 2012
What can I say...I am a sucker for dogs.
May 14, 2012
This movie looks touching and sweet.
May 13, 2012
seems cute.. i want to see it.
May 9, 2012
This a realistic bittersweet narrative of a seeing eye dog who is loving trained but who faces many hardships in service. The human are portrayed as mainly flawed - but dog loving audience that this film is geared to probably won't care.
May 8, 2012
I teared and it's just the trailer. Oh no...
May 8, 2012
I want to see this very much. My grandson who is 5 years old is blind. I love that it is based on a true story and also in Japan. My heart has already be won to go see this movie. I wait until a movie is on DVD, but this one is special, and I will go to the theaters for this one.
May 5, 2012
ths looks like a wonderful film. but i only give it three and half stars, because i know this is japanese film but my dads girlfriend is blind and also has a seeing eye dog. how can you have a movie about guide dogs only in subtitles. what if a blind person whats to see this???other than that can't wait to see it
May 4, 2012
This sounds cute and sweet I would love to see it because I love dogs.
April 27, 2012
Looks like its gonna be a good one!!!!
April 16, 2012
A story worth watching!
April 16, 2012
I cried like 2 hours, and remember nothing after the movie. (still a teen at the time)
½ November 13, 2011
A must for dog lovers. A Japanese movie that follows the life of a Seeing Eye-Dog. Iggy liked it.
June 6, 2011
4/5 - Possibly among the best of movies about dogs, this is a poignant and yet simple story of the life of a guide dog. Keep the Kleenex nearby. This is a film that will make even the most hardened viewer cry (or at least hold it with great effort), but it never comes across as cheap melodrama. It's an extremely sincere movie, with extremely endearing performances from the dogs, specially the ones which play Quill in different stages of his life. They never seem to skip a beat. Lovely music score. Highly recommended.
May 24, 2011
Can never understand how some rated this movie average. Quill is centered around a labrador retreiver's journey through life as a seeing eye dog.

Yet many movie critiques (so called professional ones, at least highlighted here in Rotten Tomatoes) didn't like Quill big time.

I guess if you're expecting a fun "Cats and Dog" or "Lassie", or FUN movie, then you may not like it at all. Quill deals with a very touching story, from birth til death of an inspirational dog's life, not the FUN, dogs running after balls, adventure through the woods stuff. Deals with how an obedient and inspired animal can change some people's life. And it's definitely NOT a documentary despite it being based on real life story of a dog and the life of the people revolving around Quill's life.

It's a touching but inspired story and movie. Be warned, this movie will touch you. If not, than you're made of very hard stuff like stones.

Watch it, if you have the opportunity, bring something to wipe tears....