Reviews

• Feb 29, 2020

It’s enjoyable but it’s basically a trailer for her conference.

It’s enjoyable but it’s basically a trailer for her conference.

• Jan 03, 2019

i've never read any of her books, but i went to this with friends who do -- it was quite inspirational. i left the theater ready to make goals & take the steps to achieve them. her & her family seem genuine & are super cute. but apparently the conference that this doc is capturing costs anywhere from $300-$1800 per ticket to attend & the movie itself was $15 (instead of the normal $8) which seems a little steep for a motivational talk. kinda took away from some of the words she said about caring more about women being the best they can be & not about the fans/followers, etc. anyways. it was good & i'm glad i went; the actual conference does seem like it would be pretty life altering & was probably spectacular to attend, but i'm good with books & internet vids for free.

• Aug 14, 2018

I was able to see this with a friend last night after my local theater added a second showing because the first was sold out. I'm so glad I took the time to go see this in theaters. I follow Rachel online and had an idea of what I would experience, but I was very moved watching the behind the scenes of her RISE event, as well as highlights from the event itself. This movie called to mind the Tony Robbins documentary from Netflix, but with Made for More, in addition to being amazed at the amount of work that goes into an event like this, I walked out of the theater ready to make necessary changes in my own life.

• Aug 04, 2018

Do not waste your money. This "movie" is just one big infomercial for her seminars and books. She is a self-aggrandizing, millennial who thinks she can help us reach our goals and "be like her" because she's been through therapy and has listened to a lot of podcasts. Total pop pysch diva. I really wanted to leave 15 minutes in. And, I want my money back. By the way, she has no college degree nor a degree in psychology. You would be FAR better off watching Jordan Peterson's youtube videos, or better yet, doing his self-authoring course to set your goals and relive/get past your past. His course is incredibly cheap at $29:50; and oh yeah, he actually knows what he's talking about and has researched these topics heavily as well as treated hundreds of people through his therapy practice. It is sad how many women are so weak that they allow people like Rachel Hollis to prey upon their frailties. And the finale of her seminar--cringe--how narcissistic can you be?

• Aug 03, 2018

I really enjoyed it. I feel like it was exactly what it was pitched to be. A snapshot of both attending her Made For Conference as a participant, and what it's like for her to lead the conference. Plus a look at why she does what she does. It was inspirational without being fluffy and coddling. It was motivational without feeling cult-ish.