Racing Stripes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Racing Stripes Reviews

April 8, 2014
A pretty average children's flick that's not so bad.
April 5, 2014
luv it my favorite movie
½ April 2, 2014
Racing Stripes is a family film you'll enjoy as a kid, but as an adult it'll mean less and less to you.

Nolan Walsh (Bruce Greenwood) is a farmer who once earned his living training racehorses before his wife was killed in an accident while riding, which led him to leave the racing game. Nolan tends to his farm and looks after his daughter Channing (Hayden Panettiere) and a large flock of animals, who speak to one another but not to humans. After a traveling circus passes through town, a zebra pony is left behind; Nolan takes in the animal, intending to return it to the circus, but at Channing's insistence they keep the zebra, naming him Stripes (voiced by Frankie Muniz). Channing loves Stripes, and the zebra is welcomed by the other critters on the farm, including grumpy Shetland pony Tucker (voiced by Dustin Hoffman), slow-moving hound dog Lightning (voiced by Snoop Dogg), a New Jersey-born pelican named Goose (voiced by Joe Pantoliano), skinny-brained rooster Reggie (voiced by Jeff Foxworthy), and deep-thinking goat Franny (voiced by Whoopi Goldberg). Channing discovers that Stripes can outrun nearly any horse around, and Woodzie (M. Emmett Walsh), a local character who has spent years handicapping the ponies, is convinced the zebra would be shoo-in in the Kentucky Open, a prestigious race held at the estate of champion horse breeder Clara Dalrymple (Wendie Malick). Channing believes Stripes can win, but he'll need the help of Nolan, who isn't so sure he's ready to start training again; meanwhile, Stripes gets plenty of advice from the other farm animals about his big step onto the race track.

The plot is inspiration and heartfelt, but it feels like we've seen that story 100 times before right? e.g. Babe and Rocky.
March 5, 2014
A baby zebra that's gets left behind by the circus and found by a farmer on a stormy night. It grows up and becomes a race horse and it wins a big horse race! I loved it!
½ February 17, 2014
Um...okay...a zebra races in the Kentucky Derby...right...
½ February 8, 2014
Friday pizza and movie night featured Racing Stripes! Fun, fun, fun family movie! Nate gave it two thumbs up! It's worth watching just for the flies!
November 22, 2013
Not as bad as people say it is... but it's quite forgettable
½ October 5, 2013
Why did someone feel the need to give me the dvd of this shit?
August 24, 2013
It has a hot woman in it so I'm happy
½ July 7, 2013
Racing Stripes is a decent film. It is about an abandoned zebra who grows up believing he is a racehorse, and, with the help of his barnyard friends and a teenage girl, sets out to achieve his dream of racing with thoroughbreds. Hayden Panettiere and Bruce Greenwood give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Fredrik Du Chau did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and drama.
June 11, 2013
Good movie about a horse. I should watch this again.
½ May 21, 2013
This movie is bad, but in a odd way. I say that because it has an identity crises. It doesn't know whether it wants to be a crappy kids movie about talking a talking zebra that wants to race or a crappy drama about a teenage girl wanting to be a jockey by riding a zebra. It tries to please both crowds but it pleases no one.
½ May 13, 2013
not terrible but cant rise above average kid fare
½ May 11, 2013
Súper cliché, pero tolerable (y algo entretenida).
½ May 1, 2013
Despite its buoyancy and energetic nature, it still traps itself within the typical bland and generic racing movie boundaries making it too safe and silly.
½ April 24, 2013
Very fun animal movie.
April 12, 2013
It wasn't bad, but it really could have been better if more clever laughs were inserted when needed.
March 31, 2013
I know I'll love it.....
February 6, 2013
Caught the start of this on TV and from the 10 minutes I saw I knew it wasn't for me.
January 22, 2013
Who keeps making things like this?