Radio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Radio Reviews

April 3, 2015
This is a great movie with cuba making a wonderful performance, i dont know what the critics are saying
March 19, 2015
A tear jerker. A masterpiece. Cuba Gooding, Jr. so should have received an Oscar.
January 29, 2015
Sweet, feel-good movie.
January 2, 2015
As a kid with Asperger's, this movie truly meant a lot to me. With me and a lot of other people like Radio of how growing up differently was hard and frustrating. But when Coach Jones took Radio under his wing, that reminded me of how very few people accepted me for my disability. I believe this movie revolves around acceptance and understanding. Just like how Radio's mom and Coach Jones accepted and understood him, more and more people did too; just like what happened to me, so this movie really stuck out to me.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Good movie with Cuba playing Radio which hasnt an easy life. He like to watch football and one day the coach let him join and learn to live the life more. Its a drama and true story.
December 27, 2014
This is a great movie but is sad the way that they treated those with mental disabilities
December 20, 2014
This kind-hearted drama, a melodrama with power, only relies on its uplifting spirit and performances, especially Gooding Jr.'s. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
December 7, 2014
Really good movie, one of my favorites
November 5, 2014
this was really good! an amazing story
October 22, 2014
Once again, this is a movie that's got terrific ambition but falls flat. Cuba Gooding Jr. turns in a great performance and Ed Harris did well, but the film didn't connect to anything. The plot elements didn't add up, and there was no major turning point of the film.
September 21, 2014
An encouraging movie that shows how we should all treat other people, regardless of who they are or what challenges they have.
Although, even if this film was set in a time when it was more difficult to be accepting of others, I really don't feel we need to make movies about these things, since it just highlights how prejudiced and hateful our past was.
September 20, 2014
Cuba did a really good job with this. A good feel good flick
September 15, 2014
one of the best movies of all time
½ August 29, 2014
Pleasant feel good movie emphasizing power of kindness towards fellow man through usage of mentally handicapped. Even though the premise has been used over and over, the heart of the movie is portrayed well.
½ August 29, 2014
Originally I guess I gave this 8/10. I'm knocking off a star as I must have been over-sentimental. That said, the success of the movie relies on Cuba Gooding Jr.'s performance. But Ed Harris steals the show.

Harris can be great. Harris as Jackson Pollock is damn brilliant. He's very good in this and probably, as one critic said, saves the movie. He's not as good as McConaughey in We are Marshall, but c'mon, who is?

Gooding really had the opportunity to make or break this movie. He's been good and he's been bad. Though it's a lovable and real character he plays, I think he breaks it more than makes it. It is at times distractingly bad and awful.

But the story is great. It's a story of kindness and friendship and doing the right thing. In that regard, it could be a hell of a movie. It's just difficult because you had a mentally disabled person and they chose a well-known actress to play it. Sometimes, that works well (Billy Bob was tops in Sling Blade and Sean Penn was good in I am Sam to name a couple). But Gooding probably does the movie a disservice. And that's unfortunate because Harris and the story both set it up for greatness.
August 21, 2014
Really sad movie will make u cry
½ August 16, 2014
Great movie. I appreciate the moral that is taught that people are more important than the fun things we like to do.
August 2, 2014
A very good movie, based in a true story or not we can learn a lesson. A simple production, but good acting and how an act of love and not prejudice can change lives forever.
July 29, 2014
I like this movie a lot I would listen to it all day long if had the changes to do that.
½ July 24, 2014
Criminally underrated. Full review up later.