Radio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Radio Reviews

December 20, 2014
This kind-hearted drama, a melodrama with power, only relies on its uplifting spirit and performances, especially Gooding Jr.'s. (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
December 7, 2014
Really good movie, one of my favorites
November 5, 2014
this was really good! an amazing story
October 22, 2014
Once again, this is a movie that's got terrific ambition but falls flat. Cuba Gooding Jr. turns in a great performance and Ed Harris did well, but the film didn't connect to anything. The plot elements didn't add up, and there was no major turning point of the film.
September 21, 2014
An encouraging movie that shows how we should all treat other people, regardless of who they are or what challenges they have.
Although, even if this film was set in a time when it was more difficult to be accepting of others, I really don't feel we need to make movies about these things, since it just highlights how prejudiced and hateful our past was.
September 20, 2014
Cuba did a really good job with this. A good feel good flick
September 15, 2014
one of the best movies of all time
½ August 29, 2014
Pleasant feel good movie emphasizing power of kindness towards fellow man through usage of mentally handicapped. Even though the premise has been used over and over, the heart of the movie is portrayed well.
½ August 29, 2014
Originally I guess I gave this 8/10. I'm knocking off a star as I must have been over-sentimental. That said, the success of the movie relies on Cuba Gooding Jr.'s performance. But Ed Harris steals the show.

Harris can be great. Harris as Jackson Pollock is damn brilliant. He's very good in this and probably, as one critic said, saves the movie. He's not as good as McConaughey in We are Marshall, but c'mon, who is?

Gooding really had the opportunity to make or break this movie. He's been good and he's been bad. Though it's a lovable and real character he plays, I think he breaks it more than makes it. It is at times distractingly bad and awful.

But the story is great. It's a story of kindness and friendship and doing the right thing. In that regard, it could be a hell of a movie. It's just difficult because you had a mentally disabled person and they chose a well-known actress to play it. Sometimes, that works well (Billy Bob was tops in Sling Blade and Sean Penn was good in I am Sam to name a couple). But Gooding probably does the movie a disservice. And that's unfortunate because Harris and the story both set it up for greatness.
August 21, 2014
Really sad movie will make u cry
½ August 16, 2014
Great movie. I appreciate the moral that is taught that people are more important than the fun things we like to do.
August 2, 2014
A very good movie, based in a true story or not we can learn a lesson. A simple production, but good acting and how an act of love and not prejudice can change lives forever.
July 29, 2014
I like this movie a lot I would listen to it all day long if had the changes to do that.
½ July 24, 2014
Criminally underrated. Full review up later.
½ July 24, 2014
Criminally underrated. Full review up later.
July 3, 2014
True an amazing movie! Radio is a heart filled story about a mentally slow man with his radio. A simple plot for a simple movie. great performances by Cuba Gooding Jr and Ed Harris
June 18, 2014
Probably on my Top 5 for the most unintentionally hilarious films of all time.

Cuba Gooding, Jr. is a riot.
June 12, 2014
omg! seeing this movie tonight was amazing. ... my heart was soo touched and wish people was still like this... I cried so much.... love & caring as no color...
June 8, 2014
It's often well intended and tries to be a sincerely good film, but this syrupy, sugary and overly manipulative plot makes even Cuba Gooding Jr's performance look a little decent as well as Ed Harris'. Radio fails in sugar coating a true story.
May 31, 2014
True story! Great movie!!!