Radio Flyer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Radio Flyer Reviews

March 12, 2016
Just a hair underrated, the boys did well done.
July 27, 2015
A unique family film that is equal parts enchanting and uncomfortable to watch
½ July 13, 2015
This is a great film! It's really sad, but also really magical. I remember this from when I was a kid and it took me away. I watched it again recently and it transported in the same way again.
½ June 13, 2015
Child abuse is a terrible thing and this tale unfortunate events is intriguing and well acted but there is one problem the child did not have to run away from child abuse all he had to do is tell someone and the father would have been sentenced.
½ April 6, 2015
The material is hard to watch while the movie itself is equal that.
March 25, 2015
No stars. This movie is more disgusting than the "Garbage Pail Kids Movie," simply because they took a bad idea and executed it as poorly as possible. Another reviewer called it "the first feel good film about child abuse," and that seems to be what they were aiming for. Elijah Wood sure made some bottom-of-the-barrel dreck as a youngster ("The Good Son," "North") but this one breaks through the bottom of the barrel and into the sewer, where it belongs.
March 5, 2015
For those critics that find this movie appauling, clearly don't undertand what it's like to be a child victim of abuse. The fantasy world is definitely where the child's mind would go when something like this happens. The movie shines on that very well. Whatever Donner did or didn't intend the ending to mean, the point is the movie touched on a subject most people would like to shove away. The kids did a great job portraying brothers, who live in what really is a "normal" family. As sad as that is.
August 28, 2014
Radio Piloto es una buena historia sobre maltrato infantil y la capacidad de resiliencia de los niņos.
July 10, 2014
I enjoyed the movie as a youngster but it seemed to have a creepy message to it.. If your stepdad is abusing your little brother, don't tell mom or the police... No instead build a plane out of a wagon and roll him down a bluff... Smh. Early 90s were a strange but interesting time for family films. Lots of talking dogs and abusive step parents
½ July 8, 2014
one of my favorite movies
June 26, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ April 22, 2014
It got me stuck and I couldn't stop watching.I liked it but I really couldn't understand why I had to watch it after all.
½ October 7, 2013
Saw this movie on TV one day and decided to watch it. I found it very good. It was a wonderful story about love and brotherhood that was absolutely heartbreaking at times. Lorraine Bracco gave an excellent performance. Joseph Mazzello, who was one of the best 90's child stars in my opinion, did an absolutely amazing job on this film. He brought his character to life in a way that I feel most child actors wouldn't be able to. He showed just how talented he is in this film. It was an excellent film.
½ September 14, 2013
This film makes for uncomfortable viewing, since it takes a serious issue like child abuse, and expects the viewer not to feel disapproval for the way it is portrayed here.
½ August 4, 2013
For those who have siblings, this is a must-see.
½ July 8, 2013
great movie i loved it as a kid, just remembered i forgot to ever review it.
½ July 2, 2013
The whole movie was manipulative bullshit and the ending was an atrocity. Wagons do not fly nor will they ever fly. To think that anyone could escape childhood abuse by flying away in a toy wagon is absolutely vile.
June 27, 2013
Bobby (Joseph Mazzello) represents a child-like wonder yet to come to fruition and channels the need of escapism from the desolation of wonders. This film's protagonists, brothers Mike (Elijah Wood) and Bobby, are essentially the heart and soul and the bond they share has proven to be very strong. It almost felt like they are the 1992 version of the Elric brothers. The child-like wonder and awe that the film provides is very enchanting and beautiful to look at. Thank you, Richard Donner.
April 24, 2013
I love Richard Donner and am not opposed to kids' movies, but I did find this a tad sappy. It is noteworthy though for trying to tackle some pretty dark subject matter.
March 13, 2013
Unfortunate to see so many negative reviews especially since the abuse story is effective, the acting good and the tricky convention has been copied in more appreciated films like Life of Pi and Pan's Labyrinth. Kind of reminds me how people like Usual Suspects though its whole premise is ripped off from No Way Out.