Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins (Rafferty and the Highway Hustlers) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins (Rafferty and the Highway Hustlers) Reviews

July 5, 2017
Not everyone's cup of tea, perhaps, but a brilliant and touching film for those who can catch it's groove. To appreciate it you need to accept: A. This is a totally 1970s movie. Life sucks (in the 70s) nobody even tries to change that because everyone understands that that is just the way its always going to be. B. This is a movie about losers. I don't think anyone apears on screen during the entire course of the film who is not a loser. They are losers when the film starts and they're still losers when the credits roll at the end. But if you're ok with that, the relationships that develop among the 3 primary losers are truly touching. It's never dull. It's well written and extremely well acted. And, as usual MacKenzie phillips steals the show. I loved it.
September 19, 2015
Drab road comedy sad sack driving instructor Alan Arkin is kidnapped by two free spirited women, Sally Kellerman, Mackenzie Phillips, who make him take them from California to New Orleans at gunpoint. Arvin loosens up as the film progresses and willingly helps the wacky ladies. I'm a huge fan of Arkin and I also like Kellerman quite a bit, but this road comedy isn't all that funny or interesting and is only saved by the strong cast, which also includes Alex Rocco, Charles Martin Smith and Harry Dean Stanton.
August 25, 2015
Fun movie about finding purpose in a hard world.
November 17, 2014