Rafiki Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

Looks terrible. Like two drunk monkeys flinging poo

Looks terrible. Like two drunk monkeys flinging poo

• Aug 20, 2019

Set in Kenya, two young women fall in love and begin a lesbian relationship. However in that country, any type of gay relationship is not only forbidden but it's also illegal. Things will take a very dark turn when the women's families and the local townspeople find out about what's going on. I thought this film was filled with rich and real characters. Plus, the cinematography and vivid colors on screen were exceptional. I will look forward to the next movie of director and co-writer Wanuri Kahiu.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Oct 01, 2018

The intentions are definitely noble, especially considering that the film was made in a country where homosexuality means a death sentence, but unfortunately the love story is developed in an extremely corny way and the ending is a dishonest cop-out that frustrates for its naiveté.

• Sep 27, 2018

Best kenyan movie after Nairobi half life. The romance is dope. Gives you goose bumps every time. I'd watch it again. Its an 8/10 for me. God bless kenya