Raggedy Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raggedy Man Reviews

½ March 11, 2015
No, I guess this isn't what I thought it should be. It could've been more. Instead, we get a mix of awkward romance and a quick glance at action. I wanted more Raggedy Man as a character, dammit!
½ May 23, 2013
January 8, 2013
The emotionally gripping performances and a compelling story are more than enough to surpass a slow beginning.
April 5, 2012
A divorced mom of two kids in a small town Texas during WW2 is a telephone operator who hooks up with Eric Roberts on leave from the war. They share an easy bond and the kids like him, but danger still lurks.
½ November 1, 2011
No, I guess this isn't that I thought it should be. It could've been more. Instead, we get a mix of awkward romance and a quick glance at action. I wanted more Raggedy Man as a character, dammit!
½ October 30, 2011
Suspenseful and well acted.
July 29, 2011
great cast makes this period piece set in the 1940's go.
September 1, 2009
Håpløs film,bra casting,tidkolloritten og kullisene er upåklagelige,men som å se i ett "glossy" ineriør magasin,uspennende og til tider kvalmende.Manus er fraværende.Kan sikkert vises på venterommet hos tannlegen!!!
½ February 27, 2009
I loved this movie! Great classic movie, and I fell in love with Eric Roberts when I first saw him in this awesome movie. :)
August 22, 2008
I first saw this movie when I was 11 years old, and was totally blown away. It is based in the 1940's around the time of WWII. Spacek plays the part of the town's telephone operator who works out of her home. She is single (her husband was supposedly killed in the war) and has to put up with a lot of crap from townspeople and strangers alike. One night, two strangers come calling, and all hell breaks loose.
½ May 26, 2008
This movie is an old favorite of mine. Right up there with my favorite Sissy Spacek movies. An excellent screen-play, beautifully filmed and a great cast of characters. The story of a divorced telephone operator in Texas during WWII raising two boys on her own. The story is of sacrifice and redemption. Very sweet story that has an exciting ending and though any surprises may not come as any great surprise they are still enjoyable. The score, how it is cinematically shot and the story itself & how it unfolds has the feel of To Kill a Mockingbird to it - another favorite of mine. I highly recommend this to most anyone. Henry Thomas of ET fame made his debut in this film. Also stars Eric Roberts and features Sam Shepard as the "Raggedy Man".
April 1, 2008
Great movie! the sailor was sooo hot! thought she did a great job raising her kids! in the movie!
½ March 23, 2008
The movie was made with a lot of love and startingly fresh memories of the early 1940s, and reminds us once again that Spacek is a treasure.
½ January 11, 2008
This movie has Eric Roberts and Sissy Spasek.
½ November 30, 2007
check this out on dvd. a good one about being a single mom and ppl judging youl
November 9, 2007
I think this is my favorite Spacek film. An incredible story with even better cinematography.
½ October 25, 2007
There is just not enough said about this one! I think it is a really good movie that should not be ignored. Saw this movie in 1981 and thought it was really good...watched it again, more recently...and I still think it is really good. A sad but very interesting movie...you will definitely feel for the characters....if you can get this movie at the video store...rent it. Note....it's not horrifying...or scary...but it is good.
August 16, 2007