Raiders of the Lost Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raiders of the Lost Ark Reviews

February 17, 2018
The greatest adventure film ever crafted and a benchmark for modern film literacy.
February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 10, 2018
One of the best action/adventure movies of all time, Raiders of the Lost Ark has it all - great action, great humor, Steven Spielberg in the director's chair, Harrison Ford's charming and charismatic lead performance, one of the best opening scenes in any movie, and an Oscar-worthy musical score. The cinematography and script are both top notch, and best of all, the film introduced one of the most iconic characters in cinematic history - Indiana Jones.
February 10, 2018
The greatest movie of all time.
February 5, 2018
Absolutely timeless. Never ceases to fully capture my mind.
February 4, 2018
Excellent action & adventure movie
½ January 20, 2018
This movie is (no sponsorship) Grrrrrrreat
January 16, 2018
I've seen this so many times, but it's still so much fun, and it never gets boring. Steven Spielberg's tribute to old adventure serials hasn't lost any of it's fascination, thanks to timeless action sequences, memorable set pieces, a fantastic score by John Williams and an immensly charismatic Harrison Ford.
The effects, the humour, the writing, the directing, it all holds up.
January 13, 2018
Great adventure! Fun watching Indy travel the world and fight Nazis. There's a lot of charm about exploring the world in that time period. Funny thing is the bad guys would've met the same fate with or without the interference of Indiana Jones (Actually I think most Indiana Jones movies don't actually need his participation to thwart the bad guys. Weird).
January 12, 2018
One of Spielberg's best. Nothing more to say about it.
January 11, 2018
Classic, one of the best movies I had chance to see....
January 10, 2018
George Lucas' detailed story, Steven Spielberg's airy direction, and Harrison Ford's charming act add up to an expansive, fun, and sometimes visually jumpy adventure that introduced many tropes we now take for granted.
January 9, 2018
It's impossible to not love this film. Impossible.
January 8, 2018
The story is great, the adventure is exciting, and Harrison Ford is fantastic.
½ January 7, 2018
Everyone has that movie that traumatized them as a child but didn't really affect anyone else. For me, that was Raiders of the Lost Ark (and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but that's another story). It's the snakes really that did it, and godamn that snake scene near the end is still difficult for me to watch. Beyond that though, it's a shame it took me so long to give this film another look, because it's really a perfect adventure film. Not an action film (though there is action in it) but an adventure film. That's a genre we don't really see a lot anymore, and it's a real shame. There is such a spirit of fun and adventure to this whole movie that, besides the snakes, it's a real joy to watch. It's also got a great sense of tension. During the opening scene with Indy's famous escape from the temple and the giant boulder, I was genuinely tensed up and worried for him. Think about that, that's crazy. I've seen this movie before and know he survives, it's only 15 minutes in the movie so logically he'd have to survive, and he's got sequels with an older Indy so he must survive. There's no reason why I should be tense and worried, but I was so caught up in the moment that I genuinely was. It's moments like that which show why Spielberg is a masterful director. Other than the snakes, my gripes with the film are minor. I didn't love the female lead, and despite many scenes of her being tough and confident there were still some damsel and distress scenes that were kind of annoying, but that's really a nitpick and kind of fits with the overall tone and style the movie was going for. So despite my childhood trauma, it's really a great film, practically perfect. But those snakes...I just can't get past them.
½ January 4, 2018
This is one of the most iconic films ever made. It's a super fun movie to watch with the whole family. This movie also is very important to me because it made me even more fascinated with history as a kid so this movie influenced me a lot. Overall I would say that this is one movie that everyone needs to see.
December 27, 2017
This was an extremely fun movie. Great performances, great humor, great action, and one of the best intros I've ever seen. Definitely a great movie.
December 25, 2017
M-F-O

9.0

[Steven Spielberg]
½ December 21, 2017
Almost a perfect movie. This movie has held up really well over the years as an awesome action movie. Only the ending is showing it's 80's age with the cheesy face melting scenes.
December 19, 2017
ingenious action sequences and a story and action star you can really get behind.