Raiders of the Lost Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raiders of the Lost Ark Reviews

November 28, 2016
This movie was my childhood, and it still holds up.
November 28, 2016
With a main lead anyone can get behind, fantastic action and a thrilling score from our Lord John Williams, Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones truly deserves it's place among the classics.

A+
½ November 26, 2016
Even though Raiders is the least best in the Indiana Jones series, it was still a very good movie. It was also very funny.
November 26, 2016
Rating: 9.1 out of 10.
November 20, 2016
It was a movie of precisely everything Spielberg and Lucas stood for. Using Ford was the best idea the ever had. I can't imagine another actor lashing a whip with his fedora on. It must have felt good. From the beginning where we get a glimpse of what Indy's life is all about. After that, there is nothing you cannot love about this movie. From whip-cracking action to romanticized comedy. You gotta love Harrison Ford.
November 19, 2016
My second favourite action movie ever put on screen.
October 28, 2016
An unforgettable score and arguably Harrison's best role, this is an action/adventure flick that will never be forgotten.
October 19, 2016
Raiders of the Lost Ark is cinematic perfection! That is all.
October 2, 2016
Raiders of the Lost Ark is an epic and entertaining adventure with riveting special effects elevated by Steven Spielberg's assured direction.
September 28, 2016
Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the best films of all time. The iconic first chapter in the legendary Indiana Jones franchise has an amazing script, along with some great set-piece moments. A must-watch!
September 28, 2016
Classic ! I'TS JUST GREAT
½ September 13, 2016
May have been getting distracted through movie...
September 10, 2016
Maybe you had to grow up with it.
Although the production design and musical score is astounding and the action is mildly fun, the utter cheesiness and multitude of coincidences don't hold up.
Come at me.
September 10, 2016
Classic Harrison Ford adventure!
½ September 5, 2016
71% - The film has some pacing issues in some parts of the film. But as a whole, Raiders Of The Lost Ark is a decent action-adventure film with solid humor and fine suspense.
September 5, 2016
Not terrible. Reminds me of Goonies. Very adventurous and exciting and fun.
½ September 5, 2016
Exciting with good action and wry humour, Raiders of the Lost Ark begins not only an entertaining franchise but also the basis of the action hero archetype today.
September 4, 2016
Almost a companion piece to Star Wars, Raiders is both a nostalgia piece and an example of three great filmmakers (Spielberg, Lucas and Kasdan) all working in sync and operating at their peak capacities. One of the greatest examples of classic '80s filmmaking.
August 31, 2016
Yes, yes... we have superman, batman, the x-mans... who ever pops up... But, lets admit it... Indiana Jones is Indiana Jones!
August 29, 2016
Undeniably a classic and never runs short of pure entertainment, at its worst Raiders of the Lost Ark is family fun that's stood the test of time against many others of a similar calibre... And at its best, it's a hands-on action adventure, featuring an excellent Harrison Ford and enough intrigue to keep most audiences entertained.
Verdict: A+