Raiders of the Lost Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raiders of the Lost Ark Reviews

December 14, 2017
Any film can be a homage to a genre from the past. It takes excellence on every side of the field to create a new entity which is so clearly fresh and enthralling. Mixing their passions for the serial classics which influenced them greatly in their formative years, Steven Spielberg, Philip Kaufman and George Lucas deliver a ceaselessly exciting adventure movie. An undeniable classic, Raiders is good old action/adventure entertainment at a fine crossroads between simple and complex. Trouble and mystery rests wherever Indy goes. From jungle Peru to snow-capped Nepal through the Egyptian sands to the middle of the Aegean Sea. Classic entertainment and cinema.
December 12, 2017
An undeniable adventure classic!

5/5 stars
November 27, 2017
This is a straight up fun adventure movie. Absolutely entertaining. I love watching it as much now as I did when I was a kid and it first came out
November 6, 2017
Fanciful orchestration.
½ October 28, 2017
A great, timeless adventure-fantasy! This is charming, witty, clever, suspenseful, but also full of cliches and old tropes. The result is great escapist entertainment.
½ October 23, 2017
Indiana Jones Raiders Of The Lost Ark: Steven Speilburg's classic masterpeice with some of the best action, music and props to ever grace cinema and cemented Steven Speilburg as a director forever.
October 23, 2017
Beautiful movie. Pity Hollywood hasn't learnt how to make good movies yet by learning from this perfection. Maybe Hollywood will learn in some future millennium and stop spewing out so much junk.
½ October 18, 2017
I think for a lot of people, Raiders is their favourite (x) movie. Be that their favourite adventure movie, favourite '80s movie, favourite Spielberg movie, whatever. None of those ring true for me, but it is my favourite Indiana Jones movie. I was a mad fiend for Temple of Doom as a kid, and I've managed to make multiple teachers put the Last Crusade on in class, so I'm quite a fan of the franchise, but Raiders is the most enjoyable to me... I've never even seen Crystal Skull... So maybe it's dishonest to say I'm a fan of the franchise... I'm a fan of the trilogy!
October 10, 2017
The best action movie out there, Spielberg's best movie! Raiders of the Lost Ark is beyond words, it's just that good.
½ October 7, 2017
A staple in the action/adventure summer blockbuster genre, Raiders of the Lost Ark keeps you thoroughly entertained with its memorable action set pieces, iconic characters and soundtrack.
October 7, 2017
My favorite movie of all time. 10/10
September 30, 2017
My favorite film of all time!
September 25, 2017
Such a classic, even watching in 2017 this movie really kicks ass. The only slight annoyance was the fact that the music was almost identical to Star Wars.
September 20, 2017
Best action movie of all time! A perfect movie and my favorite movie of all time... 10/10
½ September 19, 2017
Extremely well crafted comedy-action-adventure based on mid-20th century archetypes and steretypes.
September 16, 2017
My 5th favorite film of all time.
½ September 10, 2017
5/10
Raiders of the lost ark is not a masterpiece, instead far from it, the acting sucks the green screen effects suck the dialogue suck A LOT SUCK. There is still plentiful creativity and action
September 4, 2017
A true classic - and I somehow didn't realize until a recent re-watch how many beats reminded me of Star Wars based on music, dialogue, characters, etc.

Grade: A+
September 3, 2017
Classic Indiana Jones goodness.
September 2, 2017
What can I say about my favorite movie ever? You need to watch it.