Raiders of the Lost Ark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raiders of the Lost Ark Reviews

September 20, 2017
Best action movie of all time! A perfect movie and my favorite movie of all time... 10/10
½ September 19, 2017
Extremely well crafted comedy-action-adventure based on mid-20th century archetypes and steretypes.
September 16, 2017
My 5th favorite film of all time.
½ September 10, 2017
5/10
Raiders of the lost ark is not a masterpiece, instead far from it, the acting sucks the green screen effects suck the dialogue suck A LOT SUCK. There is still plentiful creativity and action
September 4, 2017
A true classic - and I somehow didn't realize until a recent re-watch how many beats reminded me of Star Wars based on music, dialogue, characters, etc.

Grade: A+
September 3, 2017
Classic Indiana Jones goodness.
September 2, 2017
What can I say about my favorite movie ever? You need to watch it.
August 29, 2017
Raiders of the Lost Ark is a phenomenal movie and gives you a real thrill! The action is amazing and Harrison Ford does an amazing job as Indiana Jones! The suspense of the movie is great and always leaves the audience entertained. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorites movies and is a really fun movie to watch!
August 27, 2017
This Turned 34 Years Old In 2015.
August 23, 2017
A film very worth of repeat viewings. An absolute classic that will or should stand for the ages.
August 22, 2017
Raiders of the Lost Ark is a cliched uninteresting movie, wich script's unwisdom is evident and fight scenes's fake punches turn it less credible, however it has different perspection comparing to the other action movies. Furthermore the soundtrack and the cast prevented this turmoil unnecessary things from becoming a black hole.
½ August 17, 2017
With thrilling action created by a suspenseful but simple plot, fantastic direction from Spielberg and a charismatic performance from Ford, ;Raiders of The Lost Ark' is a superbly entertaining film that never loses steam and has, rightly so, become a truly iconic piece of entertainment with numerous memorable moments.
½ August 12, 2017
Indiana Jones is one of the classic adventure movies we have all heard of. I saw this movie when I was about 9, and I really enjoyed it for one reason: the action. It was an easy movie to enjoy for just the fun adventure aspect and nothing more. It was also the first time I watched a Spielberg movie, and it got me interested in him. I have been a fan of his works ever since.
So this is an action movie at it's heart, and everything in that aspect is great. Its exciting and fun when it has action, as well as sometimes thrilling. It's just genuinely enjoyable and makes up for the lack of narrative heft. You've probably also heard something about how this movie ends that's a common complaint, but I won't ruin it, however I do agree. It pretty much defeats the purpose of the movie. Nonetheless, it's thoroughly entertaining.
Harrison Ford's performance is also great. While he doesn't do all his stunts, he is still perfectly fitting in the role. This movie also has some humor which adds to the campy fun of the movie. Finally, the sets are also great. There's nothing that feels cheesy or fake in this movie thanks to all those things.
Overall, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost ark is a classic Spielberg adventure film. All the action in the movie is exciting and entertaining without being over the top, and makes up for the sometimes unexceptional narrative. There's also humor, realistic sets, and a great central performance that fits the character that make the adventure feel of this movie better. It's not an award-winning masterpiece, it's just an entertaining action movie, and nothing more.
August 11, 2017
Well...I wasn't expecting to see Raiders of the Lost Ark now. I was saving it for a rainy day. But, here I am, reviewing the first film in Steven Spielberg's hit trilogy...and the fourth movie. There's never a dull moment in the first entry in the Indiana Jones franchise as it has one of the most iconic film openings in cinematic history, great action and a clever sense of humour. Who wouldn't laugh at a bad guy just waving his sword around only for the good guy to casually shoot him dead despite his intimidating appearance? Well, I chuckled at its execution, anyway, I don't know about you. Harrison Ford shines as Indiana Jones. He has a bit of a Han Solo-type personality and this does indeed feel like a spin-off set in an alternate reality where Star Wars was realistic before the events of A New Hope. I don't know, something like that. It's these type of movies that have me admire Steven Spielberg. But, then again, this movie was released during his heyday as a director. He's not a bad director nowadays. I'm anticipating Ready Player One just as much as you for all those Easter eggs. He seems to never deliver as greatly as he once did. Even though I loved The Adventures of Tintin. The movie has horrifying imagery for a PG-rated film but what film released in the 1980's and prior did? Yet it took a sequel and some scary puppets to have Spielberg convince the MPAA to invent the PG-13 rating. Times change. All in all, the first entry in the collaboration between Spielberg and George Lucas is an amazing one that boasts entertainment value that's all but impossible to resist.
½ August 10, 2017
Story about an daring explorer who is also an archaeologist/teacher during the 1930's. Harrison Ford's star making performance. Another Spielberg gem. So many iconic scenes.
August 9, 2017
One of Steven Spielberg's greatest films, Raiders of the Lost Ark is an unforgettable hit!
August 8, 2017
When it comes to adventure movies with class that are well-made pieces of cinema, I can't think of a better example than the brainchild of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. I'm talking about the great Raiders of the Lost Ark (or Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark as they title it on the box art now). It's one of the last truly great action adventure films of the last thirty years that not only delivers on the genre's expectations, but also turns in remarkable performances, beautiful photography and incredible production values. It may have come first in the eventual series of films, but it's also the best. I also consider it to be one of the top five best films of Spielberg's entire career. Everything just came together like clockwork on this movie and it turned out better than anyone expected. It also holds up incredibly well as a dynamic and well-made popcorn movie. There would be sequels with the runaway success of the movie, of course, but this entry is a perfect mixture of talent, and it will never be topped.
August 7, 2017
Raiders of the Lost Ark does have a central human villain but it honestly doesn't even need him. The world in itself is a tricky beast, what with all the traps, shady people, and spies who inhabit it. This is suffocating, white-knuckle cinema at its finest. Danger and suspense shroud every single scene, sometimes through information given to the audience that itself unbeknownst to the protagonists, but mostly through the sheer vulnerability of our characters. Fearless-ness and cunning wit can only take you so far when the action is so grounded in reality. Our hero frequently gets put into distressing situations with seemingly no way out, barely escaping death countless times. The entire middle section of the film might as well be a montage of epic setpieces. The film's action culminates in a breathtaking car chase scene that lasts for what feels like eternity. It must be seen to be believed.
½ August 4, 2017
This movie is still fun to watch no matter how old it gets. This movie won Oscars and is considered a classic by most people. If by some reason you haven't seen it (or have kids an appropriate age who haven't as well), there is no time like now to give it a watch! I am sure that I will see it many more times before I die.
½ August 3, 2017
'Indiana Jones' embodies adventure, and the spirit of the franchise is just unique, unrivalled. Commercial, certainly, but commercial at its very best, it is, additional to being among Harrison Ford's definite roles, an action film which fulfills all of its aims, that is, being entertaining as entertainment can be, offering great journeys in time and space (which are of course, more the fruits of imagination than science, but it's all part of the spirit of the films). 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' illustrates this perfectly, and takes full advantage of the captivating Lost Ark to create an enthralling film, which, filmed by Spielberg's expert hand, is just a pure thrill, especially for kids.